NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

norge_002_Medium_aeb.jpg

So small. :shock:

Maybe, or that is one big hand. :shock:

*Accepts Giant Hand as new God* :bowdown:

Maybe he has a ginat 'key' to fit into that giant hand? :eek:

Wow I've used way too many smilies, well at least i'm done spamming for the evening.

norge_002_Medium_aeb.jpg

So small. :shock:

And look in the background: The Wii's blue light is on! All is well with the world!

Can the classic controller be used to play Gamecube games? I've got two gamecube controllers already, but I was just wondering if a classic controller could be used by a third person in multiplayer games?

what about the other way round? do we really have to buy a classic controller for the likes of the new smash brothers or can we just use the gamecube ones as i don't think theres much of a difference in button config. If this stuff is already known then i'm not suprised. I live under rocks. In a cave.

i was begining to think the blue light only comes on when no disc is in or when loading the disc into the slot.... this makes me feel a little better, i love how it looks when the blue light is on :)

I think the Wiimote will also be quite comfortable for western players. After all Reggie is massive and he surely played the Wii and if the Wiimote was far too small he'd complain.

And although the GC-Controller was pretty small too I never heard any complaints about it. Unlike some extraordinairy big controller for a rival system...

About the VC controller comment, I'm guessing we'll get one free with Smash Bros.

About the VC controller comment, I'm guessing we'll get one free with Smash Bros.

Your one funny person man

I wouldn't say so...

Why didn't they just keep the Buttons as X & Y?!?!

sounds more complicated than 1 and 2 i guess

In a new Kaz Hirai interview, he turns the rumble thing into a nintendo dig by saying rumble was left out from a cost-prohibitive standpoint they don't want people having to spend 60 dollars on a controller.

:hmm:

In a new Kaz Hirai interview, he turns the rumble thing into a nintendo dig by saying rumble was left out from a cost-prohibitive standpoint they don't want people having to spend 60 dollars on a controller.

:hmm:

ohhhh, so cute... sony who are selling a PS3 for 600€ and said a few months ago that no matter what cost it sold for people would buy it, even without software, the ones who said that games could cost $100 this generation... and also... Kutanagi saying "PS3 is probably too cheap"... are worried about the customers?

so cute... :love:

Sony really loves us.

EDIT:

1 and 2 sound complicated to us, but to newcomers it's less intimidating that letters. Let's not even talk about geometric figures, not even I can get around that system.

According to reports in the official U.S. Nintendo Power magazine subsequently confirmed by Gamasutra, several classic titles made popular on the Commodore 64 games will appear on the Wii’s virtual console.

The only indications so far are of titles from now defunct U.S. developer Epyx, maker of the likes of Impossible Mission and the Summer/Winter/World/California Games series. Best known for their work on the 8-bit Commodore 64 home computer, Epyx also designed the prototype Lynx console for Atari as well as several of its games.

Epyx filed for bankruptcy in 1989 and its assets were subsequently obtained by British developer System 3 (aka Studio 3), whose own titles Epyx had published in North America. System 3 were one of the most respected Commodore 64 developers in Europe, responsible for classics such as The Last Ninja, Myth, International Karate (aka World Karate Championship), IK+ and Putty.

[uPDATE: Gamasutra has received a statement from System 3's Mark Cale on the deal: "System 3 are doing virtual console games for the Wii including Impossible Mission which will go live in December. Other titles include California Games and The Last Ninja. We are also supporting the Wii with retail boxed games and we have 3 titles available for launch. They are Gottlieb Pinball Classics, Super Fruit Fall and Puzzle Ball with Leaderboard and Tennis Masters to follow in January."]

However, there has been no announcement from other publishers as to whether their back catalogue titles made famous on the Commodore 64 will also be offered on the service.

Gamesutra

its a rubber hand made by nintendo to make the controller look small and more friendly (or the controllers are moddles or they realy are that small)

nintendo stuff is usualy smaller than we think it will be before we get it.

So I'll tell you exactly what I told both Perrin Kaplan and Reggie Fils-Aime when they asked me the same question, which is, I believe Wii is $50 too expensive and three weeks too late.

As a gamer, I want Wii to sell for $200 for a number of reasons. It has about one tenth the processing prowess and one fifth the RAM of, say Xbox 360, and it also lacks a true hard drive. It doesn't play DVDs. It doesn't play music CDs. Yes, you read that correctly and yes, it's true. In fact, in many ways, it could be called a turbo-charged GameCube. So why the $249 price point?

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/

"Why Wii can't be free, why? Why Nintendo doesn't give us money for buying Wii? How they dare to make profit with their console?" :cry:

I thought we were already over this, but noo.... *Teppo excepts another twenty pages of pointless rant*