NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Yeah, all wireless PCI cards should work, in theory, but I know from experience that not all of them do work with the DS...

Nintendo have been sued by a company in california over the wii-motes pointer divice... NOT GOOD!!!

Nintendo have had a law suit filed against them over the wiimote's pointer divice... This can't be good.

Nintendo have been sued by a company in california over the wii-motes pointer divice... NOT GOOD!!!

Nintendo have had a law suit filed against them over the wiimote's pointer divice... This can't be good.

Got a source for that?

ok don't know if this has been brought up but does anybody else have to sit quite close to the tv? I get about 2 meteres away from the tv (and sensor bar) and it stops recognizing the wiimote.

tis a shame because its a large tv and i don't like being too close to it.

So does anyone know when Nintendo are launching a lan adapter, for the wii, because if you have adsl and the dongle keeps resetting itself

Can't remember where I read it, however I tried to connect my wii with an ethernet cable and a £10 usb-ehternet adaptor and it didnt work, i think it said the lan adaptor is not inseterd properly.

Anyhoo it said the lan adaptor is released next Spring.

:shock: The WiFi PCI thingy actually worked again! (It didn't before my previous message for some strange reason)

But now that I've reached the Club thing step.......it seems I forgot my password (it's been aeons since I went there:heh: ). So, is it possible to skip this and change it later? Normally, it should....but I don't want to risk it:heh:

Edit: Oh and... Nintendo seems to take a long-ass time to sent me my password.

Edit2: Nevermind, finally received it!! :D

ok don't know if this has been brought up but does anybody else have to sit quite close to the tv? I get about 2 meteres away from the tv (and sensor bar) and it stops recognizing the wiimote.

..thats the same with me.. though I haven't had a proper look through the Wii options yet so maybe that can be sorted..?

I had that problem, but I raised the sensitivity in the sensor bar settings and everything is fine now.

Since creating new threads is hard this is the best place to ask:

From what I've noticed everything in Wii is done to work with the lan adapter (no updates needed), and that's probably just a normal USB network card like this:

USB_LAN_02.jpg

Does anyone have such a thing and a Wii to try?

Yeah, all wireless PCI cards should work, in theory, but I know from experience that not all of them do work with the DS...

I have an Asus one, works perfectly.

PCI Wifi if anything is far better than a dongle, you just need one that will work with the Wii's wireless speeds (far faster than the DS')

From what I've noticed everything in Wii is done to work with the lan adapter (no updates needed), and that's probably just a normal USB network card like this:

USB_LAN_02.jpg

Can't remember where I read it, however I tried to connect my wii with an ethernet cable and a £10 usb-ehternet adaptor and it didnt work, i think it said the lan adaptor is not inseterd properly.

Anyhoo it said the lan adaptor is released next Spring.

a few posts above you xernobyl!;) I was also wondering this...

I have an Asus one, works perfectly.

PCI Wifi if anything is far better than a dongle, you just need one that will work with the Wii's wireless speeds (far faster than the DS')

That's what I thought too....but even though I forgot to change the speed, which was set to 2mbps (for DS), the Wii didn't have any problems connecting to it. Our PC is in the attic which is one floor above my room where my Wii is at, but I didn't think the downloading was slow though.

I have a Sweex one btw.

Heh, i couldn't connect to the web through the wireless router ehre at my dads, but there was another access point with 1 bar, that worked perfect. I wonder if it's the little dongle next to me here...

When is the slot in drive supposed to be lit up? Shouldn't it do it when ever a game is insterted or ejected? I think my Wii did that at first yesterday, but now it doesn't. It does however light up when I receive a message from a Wii friend

the slot is only iluminated when the wii turns on (and this is only for a fraction of a second) or when you have mail (and for the same amount of time)

USB_LAN_02.jpg

yes im also VERY interested in this.. we don't get wireless network here before after xmas and I just don't want to wait until spring to get th official adaptor.. so I anyone finds a thingie that works.. please let us know

Actually, when it's off and you ahve mail it stays on for me.
Yeah same for me. I think it's strange that Nintendo didn't make it so it lights up when you insert or eject a disc. It just seems so obvious that it should...

does the GC emulation see the wii wireless as the Lan adaptor?. Want to play Mario kart DD at a lan party

I had my first error. I entered in Red Steel while doing something, and it said read error, turn off and back on consult manual.

So i did all apart from the manual and it still works....phew

Got a source for that?

The thing with the pointer lawsuit is it was filed in early 2005 for the pointer device. And Nintendo had filed the same thing in Japan monthes early.

DEAL OF THE CENTURY

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110064905274&rd=1&rd=1

this one of the best SD card you can get, and its at a awesome Price of £32.99 (inc P&P) RRP £50 - 60, it much more effective then the "gaming" wii card, which realistically is a standard generic sandisk sd card painted white, however the Sandisk EXTREME 3 2gb has a read and write speed of 20mb per second awesome

all features explained here

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1973)-SDSDX3-2048-SanDisk_Extreme_III_SD_2GB.aspx

do not miss out on this awesome deal

I ordered

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FAFOPG/203-8423361-2643118

I hpe its good! At least it is cheap!!