NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Yeah it says a Chromium CR2032 battery which is the classic "watch" battery for consoles.

Yeah it says a Chromium CR2032 battery which is the classic "watch" battery for consoles.

Does that mean we'll have to change it in 5 years time?

My watch lasted for 5 years,then it started to die, then i changed it.

I wonder......

Just a Question. According to that diagram, the Air Intake is directly where you plug it into the stand. Does that actually make sense?

I wonder......

He means internal console batteries, for keeping the time, not for actual watches. Also, watches need to "tick" or display a..er...display. It also keeps itself topped up when the console is on.

I wonder......

Your Gamecube will have one. Replaced that yet?

Your Gamecube will have one. Replaced that yet?

I was joking. I always wondered how the cube clock was always running, only found out not long ago that there was a battery in it.

Wonder what hte other 2 outlines are. maybe nothing, maybe something?

Just a Question. According to that diagram, the Air Intake is directly where you plug it into the stand. Does that actually make sense?

There's a hole in the stand

(As a side note, always wear your wrist straps. One of our ad girls became so engrossed in tennis that the Wii remote slipped from her hand and crashed into a nearby wall at mach speeds; luckily, although the strap broke, the back case flew off and the batteries spilled out, it all worked again when we put it back together.)

Thats good to hear.

Lol!

RUMOR: Wii Disrupts Pacemakers

While the silver set might be in Nintendo's cross hairs, old gamers with bad tickers beware. We've heard this from a few sources, but nothing has yet been confirmed or denied by Nintendo, so take this with pitch of salt. Apparently, the infrared Wii-mote is not good for pacemakers and can interfere with them. Nintendo supposedly put up signs at the recent Nintendo World event in Japan as a precaution. Me, I didn't see such notices, and this is the first I've heard of this. We've contacted Nintendo to get clarification. Stay tuned.(Taken from Kotaku)

Lance

The DS, PSP, and PS3 Premium Disrupts Pacemakers, too.

So do cell phones, microwave ovens, x-rays, cordless phones, security screenings at airports and soforth.

small wii vs (we need a vs smily) ps3 today on cky news at six (canadian television) it was mostly on the ps3 japan launch but there were also images of wii from e3 and the production lines. there was also part of the interview with perrin kaplan

Yeah old, but can't remember which thread it's in. Worth being reposted though.

Apparently, the infrared Wii-mote is not good for pacemakers and can interfere with them. Nintendo supposedly put up signs at the recent Nintendo World event in Japan as a precaution

LOL!!! THe infrared? So the old guys with pacemakers can't be exposed to direct sunlight :D

LOL!!! THe infrared? So the old guys with pacemakers can't be exposed to direct sunlight :D

ROFLMFAO:bouncy:

oh as i remember the xbox did not have any battery for remembering time and date.. so if you took the power away from it for about 2 hours you had to adjust the time and date again.. i just couldnt believe it when I found out.. thought my xbox was broken..

good thing i dont have a pacemaker... yet

Best post ever :D

400,000 Wii's for Japanese Launch!

I wonder how many Europe are getting? 250,000?

ROFL :) Ok, maybe I was wrong :heh: I suppose I did find it off some weird site, and to think, I was starting to get worried for old people :rolleyes:

Lance