NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Twilight Princess and Red Steel is a definite and maybe WiiPlay.I don't think the launch is that great but it is better than other launches.

Well we got al those VC games aswell, so id say its a good launch. Donkey Kong and Zelda I will definitely be getting at launch on the VC.

Definitely not Mario 64, ive played that to death now.

I thought Japans VC list was better because they had Alttp and Mario and we get the likes of F-Zero.I will buy some but i'm really hoping for Alttp soon since I haven't fully completed it before.

Defo TP, if I dont have a GC controller can I use a classic controller to play the cube games?

Alttp has bein released on Game Boy, so I wouldn't hope for it. However, i'de like it myself since I never player it (all the other zelda were once touched by my hand, though). The VC line-up only misses some true Nintendo64 classics.

The launch is great, because they promised '25 titles at GameCube European launch' - we got three. Now they're making up for it.

4 million in usa. :shock:

Nintendo: 4 Million Wii Consoles To Ship In 2006

Nintendo: 4 Million Wii Consoles To Ship In 2006 Officials from Kyoto, Japan-based Nintendo have confirmed that the company expects to ship approximately 4 million Wii consoles globally during the six weeks between the system's launch on November 19 in North America and the end of 2006.

The company also noted that while the largest share of that worldwide allotment will go to the Americas, Nintendo expects supply will be outpaced by demand, based on retailer orders and consumer requests.

Nintendo of America has previously indicated that it plans to ship six million units of the Wii console worldwide before the end of the fiscal year March 31st, 2007. Nintendo has also confirmed a substantial lineup of both first and third party software titles that will be available for the Wii within this six week North American window, including 32 full titles to debut before the end of the year from a number of major publishers, and 30 classic NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Genesis and TurboGrafx games for download on the Wii Virtual Console.

According to Nintendo representatives, the company has also introduced a rapid replenishment program designed to keep Wii console manufacturing up with retailer demand, and that it has employed multiple fleets of land, air, and sea transportation in each global market to maintain the supply flow, starting in the Americas.

"Wii is for both experienced and uninitiated gamers, and it will be available for the masses," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "Because of demand, we're urging shoppers not to get complacent. The level of demand we're seeing goes beyond the ordinary. Retailers are telling us a significant fraction of customers pre-ordering Wii are nontraditional gamers -- people looking for a better way to play. And that's exactly what Wii is designed to provide."

Alttp has bein released on Game Boy, so I wouldn't hope for it. However, i'de like it myself since I never player it (all the other zelda were once touched by my hand, though). The VC line-up only misses some true Nintendo64 classics.

The launch is great, because they promised '25 titles at GameCube European launch' - we got three. Now they're making up for it.

Japan and Australia are getting it.Also where does it say the US is getting 4 million?

They're just repeating their shipment plans.

and you would have thought since nintendo-europe already has releashed lttp on the snes before, therefore why carn't they release it now, I know they could of done it, and that would of meant they could concentrate on getting games that never appeared on vc on here.

I hope its succesful for them, however what about people who don't have broadband. I feel sory for them

and you would have thought since nintendo-europe already has releashed lttp on the snes before, therefore why carn't they release it now, I know they could of done it, and that would of meant they could concentrate on getting games that never appeared on vc on here.

There are a few factors to be remembered.

- Games need to be rated (PEGI and stuff)

- Games need to work bug free with the emulator

- New games are better than old -> Nintendo will carefully spread the titles over a longer period to continuously present 'new' VC games.

It comes in two parts!?!

O is that the same just different wrapping on them?

Just checked the website and it does come in two parts. Either the boxi s quite thinck, or everything is very thin..

It comes in two parts!?!

O is that the same just different wrapping on them?

Just checked the website and it does come in two parts. Either the boxi s quite thinck, or everything is very thin..

My guess is:

Part 1 = console/Wiimote

Part 2 = cables etc.

You can see it in the pictures

Part 1 = controllers and sensorbar

Part 2 = Wii, Power, and composite

My guess is:

Part 1 = console/Wiimote

Part 2 = cables etc.

Close however

3-3.jpg

part one: wiimote, nunchuk and sensor bar

part two: Wii, power supply, cable.

That seems right. My box will be stored with m 360 box, nice and high up out of the way. To rot away in the corner for years to come, while i enjoy the thrills of the Wii itself.

No-one cares for boxes....I feel for them..:(

It looks pretty! Second time Nintendo amazes me with a perfect box (micro being the first one) - and showing of that they can really finish of the details. The box is very apple-like. When I opened mt iBook I came to the same surprise as everything was in place. It's looking pretty hot, and the box itself is a pretty... God I love the designers at Nintendo. BTW, the DS Box was ugly in Europe (I got a japanese DS and that box was like seeing a gold piece evolve into an wedding ringà...

As a Nintendo VIP, you’re probably as excited as we are about the upcoming launch of our new console. Chances are you’ve seen all the Wii Experience videos on Wii.com already, wishing it were you holding that Wii Remote and experiencing a new generation of gaming first-hand.

But while you will have to wait for December 8 to bring the Wii console home, we don’t want you to have to wait until then to get your first taste. We want to do something in return for our most loyal members, which is why we will invite selected VIPs from all over Europe to special events spread across the continent.

You’ll get the full VIP treatment, and – most importantly – access to all the available games to play to your heart’s content.

Whatever you do, just make sure that the details in your membership profile are correct. After all, it would be a shame to miss out on this opportunity simply because your contact details were outdated, preventing us from getting in touch with you.

We’ll be contacting the lucky members from next week onwards, so keep an eye on your mailboxes. It could be you wielding the Wii Remote real soon…

NOE

Looks good. Can't frickin wait to open one for myself!

That seems right. My box will be stored with m 360 box, nice and high up out of the way. To rot away in the corner for years to come, while i enjoy the thrills of the Wii itself.

No-one cares for boxes....I feel for them..:(

I keep all of my console (and game) boxes for some reason!:smile: My parents told me to throw them all out but I won't!!!

There are a few factors to be remembered.

- Games need to be rated (PEGI and stuff)

- Games need to work bug free with the emulator

- New games are better than old -> Nintendo will carefully spread the titles over a longer period to continuously present 'new' VC games.

I know that and i'm talking about translating the actual dialogue and if it should work on the japan one then it will work on usa and europes one. They could of just chosen around 50 titles and releashed them woldwide.

The launch is good, but it isn't that great. I mean, Zelda, yeah, but no other game makes it to that level. It's a good launch though.

If I'm lucky I'll have 4 titles together this year, being TP, Red Steel, SC: DA and Wii Play.

:) This made me laugh! Not many (if any) games make it to Zeldas level on any console throughout the entire span of its life nevermind just at launch!!

The launch is awesome - astonishing one player adventure, lots of multiplayer goodness (sports, rayman and Monkey Ball) a selection of high quality FPS (Red Steel, CoD3, Far Cry) the Cube couldn't match in its entire life, a Splinter Cell some are calling the best in the series and a collection of other games that may not be amaizng but fun little titles.

And I haven't even mentioned the Virtual Console!!! It baffles me that anyone can complain about it - disappointed Excite Truck, Trauma Centre, Pangya Golf aren't there but it is awesome!

And the packaging is awesome too......

the good news: less than 18 days for north america :D

the bad news: over 17 days left to wait :nono:

the bad news: over 17 days left to wait :nono:

and even more bad news i havent somewhere to preorder it yet.:angry: