NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

Few questions...

1. Can the gamecube controller be used for virtual console downloads?

2. Can te nintendo wifi usb connector be used with the wii?

printsmoney0yjwm9.gif

1157556399594hf9.gif

I could swear i had a Wii version of "it prints money" with money coming out of the disk drive, but i couldn't find it. :(

Now that's putting it in perspective.

Hang on! Are those rumours that they have got rid of the blue light true or something?

I love the blue light.

2. Can te nintendo wifi usb connector be used with the wii?

There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't.

There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't.

nintendo have said this wouldn't be power full enough to use with wii

the ds probably used the "b" standard while the wii will probably use the "g" standard. the g satndard is backwordsly copmpatable so a g router will work with a b device but a b router will not work with a g device. i cant remember if the ds is g or b though i'll try to find out. but even if there both b or the ds is g the usb adapter is not compatable with wii nintendo have said.

*edit* to answer the first question i hope and i think nintendo have said the gc controller is compatable with vc games the classic controller is only there for people who didn't have a gc and don't want to hunt down a used controller. if you trade in your gc keep your controllers

nintendo have said this wouldn't be power full enough to use with wii

the ds probably used the "b" standard while the wii will probably use the "g" standard. the g satndard is backwordsly copmpatable so a g router will work with a b device but a b router will not work with a g device. i cant remember if the ds is g or b though i'll try to find out. but even if there both b or the ds is g the usb adapter is not compatable with wii nintendo have said.

*edit* to answer the first question i hope and i think nintendo have said the gc controller is compatable with vc games the classic controller is only there for people who didn't have a gc and don't want to hunt down a used controller. if you trade in your gc keep your controllers

The DS uses the "b" standard. 100% sure.

The DS uses the "b" standard. 100% sure.

thanks

my dad thinks the wii will use b because the ds did but nintendo have stated that the wii will not work with the ds usb adapter

maybe they'll use the a (the old one that is'nt compatable with b or g routers) standard just because there nintendo.

or maybe they'll use the all new n standard

but the wii will not work with the ds usb adapter :shakehead

but the wii will not work with the ds usb adapter :shakehead

Nintendo's customer service department says different.

Also:

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147074

Those of you who connect your DS to the internet with the Nintendo WiFi Connector can use the same device to connect the Wii.

The proper name is "Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adaptor", if it was planned to be DS only, why would they avoid putting "DS" on it somewhere....

The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connectore will work with Wii

I'm sure i've seen the Wii version of it on another forum,i'll check later.

Shino found it, but he didn't post it, so here it goes:

1160077211877jq8.gif

About the Wifi USB connector from nintendo.

The DS uses a 2mbit/s maximum speed connection. I thought they were not goint to use the USB connector for Wii because the Wii will probably connect using the 54mbit/s of the g standard. Considering that the USB conector can only connect at 2mbit/s.

gonintendo

power supply pics

004.JPG

stand pics

006.JPG

Its NOT a power supply.

seriously tiny sensor bar

003.JPG

It's strange why people are so bothered about the colour of the lgihts on the front...

hmm the Green light goes red when not connected to internet? Or just when its off?

sc002.jpg

sc003.jpg

here more

WHAT, THERES NO BLUE LIGHT ON THE CONSOLE!!??? Please don't tell me this is true :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Whats next in the continual line of disappointments that has RAPIDLY grown with this console in the past few weeks, Super Smash Bros Brawl will be cancelled? ... & why does that console have a dent in it?

Blue_Ninja0;250676]Shino found it' date=' but he didn't post it, so here it goes:[/quote']

1160077211877jq8.gif

Good to see the sequel, but needs work, particularly on Miyamoto.

Apparently the light's only on when you put the games and when the console is powering on. While Wii is sexier with the light on, it's less annoying this way, when I'm playing in the dark the lights annoy me. But hey, just give Wii a 2/10 and don't buy it.

It's strange why people are so bothered about the colour of the lgihts on the front...

I'm not that bothered, its just ive never seen the wii in this way, and ive not seen it on here, so im just speculating.

WHAT, THERES NO BLUE LIGHT ON THE CONSOLE!!??? Please don't tell me this is true :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Whats next in the continual line of disappointments that has RAPIDLY grown with this console in the past few weeks, Super Smash Bros Brawl will be cancelled? ... & why does that console have a dent in it?

Well that Wii isnt on, seen as though idid say taht maybe the red light means its off. Just becausei t isnt on in one picture doesnt mean its true. And i highly doubt nintendo will get rid of one of the main attractions of the Wii.