NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Anyone notice when you go into the original Zelda to download from the Virtual Console, the description insists on spelling Ganon's name as Gannon?

Because of a typo in the story that you see if you don't "press start" in the original game.

I'm aware of the in-game typo, because I own the game. I want to know why it hasn't been corrected.

I'm aware of the in-game typo, because I own the game. I want to know why it hasn't been corrected.

Because then it wouldn't be the same game.....Why pick up on this and not S. MIYAHON?? :indeed:

Just lent SSBM off my mate and I have to say I am loving it all over again. The Cube game brought trophies/events and so much more to the franchise. What i'm hoping is the Wii game will add even more to the franchise. What i'm hoping for is different costumes and not just different colours. It would be good to have say Link in the Magic Armour from Twilight Princess and possibley the Phazon suit for Samus.

That be cool Ward, see in the Cube Smash Bros., didnt the Princess have a (twit twoo) nurses outfit available? :wink:

Lots of clothes and stuff would be very cool though, Link in the new armour... DK in a barrel?!

I hope fox is simliar to how he is on melee.

I love playing with him on melee, he's so damn quick.

Yeah I used to always play as Shiek but after borrwing it again I think i'm best with Link. I never liked Fox or Falco as they are just TOO quick. I also liked Kirby for the super jumps/breaths when getting knocked off.

Yeah I used to always play as Shiek but after borrwing it again I think i'm best with Link. I never liked Fox or Falco as they are just TOO quick. I also liked Kirby for the super jumps/breaths when getting knocked off.

I used to love Link, but then i discoverd how crap he was compared to marth, and after playing with marth for a year, i've started using Fox. I can't play with falco, his combos are stupidly hard. Also, Zell plays as Falco, so yeah i hate him...

Yeah I would play as Samus but my mate has only ever played as her and is shit hot so I pretty much HAVE to be somebody else.

Yeah i've tried as Marth and Roy but no projectiles (and bear in mind I am mostly against samus-super-charged-ball-of-death-aran) means the sword isn't enough.

something i found on the net when i searched for smash bros brawl it would be good to play it like this online

this is wat the website says:

ssbbgb2a.gif

link to the original size

http://wii.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/46017/ssbbgb2a.gif

After selecting a server, we come to the lobby. The top part of the screen contains the most important part - the rooms. I'll get to that in a bit. The lobby is filled with everything you need. On the bottom right is the buddy list. You can see which of your friends are online and which of them are offline. If you double click their name, you can send them private messages just like you would on AIM or MSN. If a friend is online, the server and room they're playing in is displayed so that you can join in. To the left of that is the chat window to talk with others in the lobby.

At the very top are the rooms. The rooms are created by users. "Full" means the maximum number of players the game can hold (2, 3, or 4 by SSBM standards) is full. "Play" means that the people in the room are in the middle of a match. "Wait" means that they need more players to begin. Each room shows what type of game is being played (the die), what map is going to be used (the picture in the middle), and the amount of players it can hold (the number above the die). Informative and clean looking. To enter a room, you double click. If there is a lock on the room, it means it's password protected. Usually, it means the creator of the room wants to play a specific person (who they would have given the password to).

Between the socializing tools and the rooms are a few filters. To the left of the two arrows (which let you browse through the pages of rooms available) are buttons that let you filter it by game type. For SSBM they would be time, stock, coin, and score. To the right, you have filters that let you display only games that have friends in them or are currently waiting for users to join. Another button lets you go straight to a room by inputting the room number. The last one lets you create your own room.

Let's say you want to join a room. This is what happens after you double click:

ssbbgb4a.gif

Link to the original size

http://wii.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/46017/ssbbgb4a.gif

Now that we're inside, we have a screen where the people in the room can talk to discuss how the game will be played. Ultimate power resides with the creator of the room. Information, including the stage and game type, is displayed in the middle of the screen. The teams (if there are any) are shown split on both sides. Your character is displayed as well. You can change teams and characters by clicking the respective buttons. If someone is being vulgar, you can mute them by clicking the "Mute" button or just reporting them to Nintendo of America. When you're ready to play, click "Ready." When everybody's ready, the game starts with the options that have been decided upon.

That's quite a nice interface. I'd be pleased if we get something remotely similar to that.

Secret Rings director talks Sonic in Brawl

What's the man behind Sonic's upcoming Wii appearance got to say about the hedgehog starring in Smash Bros.?

February 07, 2007 - Yojiro Ogawa, the director and producer of Sonic and the Secret Rings, has expressed to the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine that he would like to see Sonic appear in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but that ultimately, it's definitely not his decision.

"In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it," he told the magazine. "But that would really involve Sonic and Nintendo's management, it's nothing to do with me!"

Source: http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=10644

I hope there's some more infomation/screenshots/videos (or all three) soon, its been a while since we heard anything.

From GoNintendo

Special note - There is a really old bit of news making the rounds today. If you’ll remember, awhile back we heard that Baby Bowser, Ridley, and cel-shaded Link were coming to Brawl. For some reason this news is popping up again today as “newâ€. Just letting you guys know that it’s from last June

Is the inclusion of characters beside Snake even a remote possibility? I mean they say it "would be cool", but does anyone know if there's an actual, official push for this?

Well put it this way.....if Sonic, or no other 3rd Party characters are in this game, I will make it my aim in life to destroy and obliterate anyone who uses, or any scenario of which Snake is in.

i think a cel shaded link is very possible. Evey chacrter should have 2 costumes each. like the attire in wwe games. Mario and dr mario should be one character.

i think a cel shaded link is very possible. Evey chacrter should have 2 costumes each. like the attire in wwe games. Mario and dr mario should be one character.

Well, you could change the colour of the outfits some of the characters where wearing in Melee. Ganondorf with purple was my character of choice. :D

I agree though, Mario and Dr Mario should just be the same character.

Well, you could change the colour of the outfits some of the characters where wearing in Melee. Ganondorf with purple was my character of choice. :D

I agree though, Mario and Dr Mario should just be the same character.

Wow, same here. Ganondorf in purple.

Why would anyone want a shitty blue hedgehog, who wouldn't know a good game if it danced in front of him naked, in a godly game like Smash Bros?

It's quite frankly, a total disgrace.

Why would anyone want a shitty blue hedgehog, who wouldn't know a good game if it danced in front of him naked, in a godly game like Smash Bros?

It's quite frankly, a total disgrace.

Id like sonic to be in it, he HAS got some good games.

I hope they dont do two versions of the same character, unless its just a costume change.

Boo best be in it. Or at least added on connect 24.