NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I might get this game when I get my Wii. It looks rather interesting.

Rather interesting!!!! Understatement of the century :P

ALso, how can you not like peach! She has the best down smash in the game (it can do like 60% to any character if they are crouching)

To King Boo, hitting with Rest (Jigg's down b) is a lot easier if you try to time it as late as possible: it's a really fast move. Once you know the timing, you should be able to pull it off at will against someone like Giga Bowser.

Understatement of the century

Quoted for truth!

I MUST get this game when I get my Wii. It looks FUCKING AMAZING.

I think thats what you meant to say.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could play as master or crazy hand? Instead of the usual controls, all you'll need is the Wiimote with no extra attachments. Say you swing the controller to the left, the hand you're controlling will perform a slap attack in that direction. If you hold the B button, the slap will turn into a punch, and so on. Maybe you can have 2 controllers and control both hands at once.

I also think downloadable characters would be a great idea, but it wouldn't work with online play. Perhaps we could download 3rd-party skins, or user submitted ones we donwloaded off the internet and put into our SD cards. The game would load the skin and replace whatever character it's replacing. They'll have the same moves, just a different look. Must take hours of skinning and developing though.

I once tried to do event 51 with Pichu. That poor little mouse didn't stand a chance. I challenge anyone here to beat event 51 using pichu.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED AND COMPLETED

heh heh.

i will admit, it took quite a few goes to do it. but in the end.

:bowdown:SUCCESS!!!:bowdown:

although quite a few times i did get close, i did manage to do it. pichu aint that bad. it annoys me when people bag the little rat out. much better character to use than pikachu.

Anyway, this is the point where you all praise me for my event51 brilliance.

According to Nintendo Power, Hideo Kojima is working on the stage for Snake in the next Smash Bros. I think many people missed it because it's in an utterly pointless and boring argument between two Nintendo Power Staff members about who'll be better in Super Smash Bros Brawl (Snake or Pit), but something was said off-hand that's actually new. This wasn't even announced in the podcast by HideoBlog so I don't know where they got the info. It seems likely though and NP probably has some reliable sources seeing as they're much higher on the foodchain than any other news source for Nintendo!

Chris H: "f you want to talk about something big, how about the news Hideo Kojima, Snake's creator, is designing Snake's level in Brawl? Snake's inclusion means we're not only getting one of the best characters in gaming, but one of the best developers as well."

Very interesting! Hideo Kojima working on a level in Brawl? Maybe he'll work on some other stuff too?

So he designs a stage and now what? Nothing to special in my eyes when it comes down to gameplay advantages. But I do like the commitment of Kojima and I really hope that this will go beyond a single level and he soon makes lots of games for the Wii.

It is quite interesting, I'm thinking he'll give Sakurai the rights to make some Konami character/items/places trophies. Or he'll do them himself.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED AND COMPLETED

heh heh.

i will admit, it took quite a few goes to do it. but in the end.

:bowdown:SUCCESS!!!:bowdown:

although quite a few times i did get close, i did manage to do it. pichu aint that bad. it annoys me when people bag the little rat out. much better character to use than pikachu.

Anyway, this is the point where you all praise me for my event51 brilliance.

Nice one laddy. :horse: (ignore pointless emoticon)

I guess Pichu isn't that bad afterall. First time I did event 51 was with Pikachu so I guess you could apply the same tactics there. So Raven, seeing as you're so smug over this victory, how about... getting 10 KOs with the baby mouse on cruel melee (which I am proud to have done myself).

Anyway, for the Snake level perhaps Hideo is designing some kind of enclosed compound level being patrolled by genome soldiers? Or it could just be an arena based on the jungle in MGS3. Just a couple of ideas that spring to mind.

Nice one laddy. :horse: (ignore pointless emoticon)

I guess Pichu isn't that bad afterall. First time I did event 51 was with Pikachu so I guess you could apply the same tactics there. So Raven, seeing as you're so smug over this victory, how about... getting 10 KOs with the baby mouse on cruel melee (which I am proud to have done myself).

Anyway, for the Snake level perhaps Hideo is designing some kind of enclosed compound level being patrolled by genome soldiers? Or it could just be an arena based on the jungle in MGS3. Just a couple of ideas that spring to mind.

Event 51 is easy anyway. There's videos on youtube of this guy doing it with every character which is something i'm trying to do at the moment (struggling with Yoshi, Luigi and Y.Link).

Also, I hope it's an enclosed compound level (like one of the screenshots has when Snake is behind Link), or maybe it's set on a platform with Metal Gear in the Background (similar to Brinstar depths).

Or...have MGS in the background, trying to attack the players. Later on the level would go from inside a garage, ot inside a vent system, to outside. Somewhat similar to that level that Zebes level that had Kraid twisting the arena.

Or...have MGS in the background, trying to attack the players. Later on the level would go from inside a garage, ot inside a vent system, to outside. Somewhat similar to that level that Zebes level that had Kraid twisting the arena.

I would hate for that to happen. I really don't like that Metroid level on SSBM, so goddamn annoying.

Snake's taunt better be TEH BOX that appears on the trailer.

I don't like the Zebes arena too.

Btw, was it announced somewhere that smash brawl would not have clones, like melee had? Or am i just dreaming? I'm curious about the moveset ganondorf could have.

Snake's taunt better be TEH BOX that appears on the trailer.

I don't like the Zebes arena too.

Btw, was it announced somewhere that smash brawl would not have clones, like melee had? Or am i just dreaming? I'm curious about the moveset ganondorf could have.

I think they said they would cut down the number of clones, im not sure about a 100% removal.

I'm a little disapointed that Smash will not use the Wii-mote. Personally, i'd like to see a grab move, where you (the grabber) shake the Wii-mote to hold on to the 'grabbee', and the 'grabbee' shakes to break free.

No I think the decision to stick with normal controllers is best for a game like Smash Brothers. It just wouldn't go well with the Wii mote, it would be way too fiddly especially for a fighting game.

Not all games compliment the Wii-mote.

No I think the decision to stick with normal controllers is best for a game like Smash Brothers. It just wouldn't go well with the Wii mote, it would be way too fiddly especially for a fighting game.

Not all games compliment the Wii-mote.

agreed.:horse:

im sure that nintendo have realised that they DONT HAVE TO use the wii-mote in absolutley every game. and i think that smash bros would be one of those games that suffers with wiimote inclusion.

the only step that hal labs need to do from melee is make it online, introduce some more characters, more moves, up the graphics a tad... and people will love it.

agreed.:horse:

im sure that nintendo have realised that they DONT HAVE TO use the wii-mote in absolutley every game. and i think that smash bros would be one of those games that suffers with wiimote inclusion.

the only step that hal labs need to do from melee is make it online, introduce some more characters, more moves, up the graphics a tad... and people will love it.

I'll third that. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

So do we know whether its called "Brawl" or "Dojo"? The official American site has Dojo on it.. Brawl was a much better name than that....

Meh, either way it will still be refered to as Smash by me.

I still guess that the game is called Brawl but the online service/website etc for it will be called the Super Smash Bros. Dojo.

If I'm wrong when we find out we can all look back at this post and laugh.

Dear god... I just spent time reading the smash bros forum (english)... those kids are just plain stupid.

*run off to cry*