NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

WAIT, WAIT WAIT...

Calm down guys, in FoxFear's defence, this is also to play competetively, we play a game to win, not only to get fun.

And as much as you say "i want to have fun", you do try to win? Right? The fun resides in trying to win, so of course we are here to win.

Sure, he gets out of hand sometimes, but aren't you exaggerating? He has every right to play to win, and i don't see any problem in that.

There's one thing i didn't get, Foxfear says that spam is "play to win" and fair, are you sure he said that about Bob, Pookiablo?

WAIT, WAIT WAIT...

Calm down guys, in FoxFear's defence, this is also to play competetively, we play a game to win, not only to get fun.

And as much as you say "i want to have fun", you do try to win? Right? The fun resides in trying to win, so of course we are here to win.

Sure, he gets out of hand sometimes, but aren't you exaggerating? He has every right to play to win, and i don't see any problem in that.

You say you play to win and sometimes for fun? I think it should be the other way around. You don't have to try and win every match to have fun. I prefer trying to get the funniest kill with items on, than winning but, to each their own.

There's one thing i didn't get, Foxfear says that spam is "play to win" and fair, are you sure he said that about Bob, Pookiablo?

You'll find that post here

You say you play to win and sometimes for fun? I think it should be the other way around. You don't have to try and win every match to have fun. I prefer trying to get the funniest kill with items on, than winning but, to each their own.

You'll find that post here

Lol, I love you Zero! You get my official seal of approval.

Maase, I get your point - of course you play the game to win, and the very point of it is to try and win, but the point (lots of points here, lol) I was trying to put across is that if you lose, who cares, the thing is, you should just have had a good time losing! Deathjam and I had an extraordinary battle the other night and although I only just lost which was a bit gutting, I had so much fun regardless that it was one of the best games of Brawl I've ever had! Sure winning would have been a small bonus but losing the game isn't gonna kill me lol. Some people are just far too competitive - it's nice to want to be good at something but if you're being a jerk whilst doing it then it probably isn't worth it.

I just don't see the logic in only having fun if you win at something competitive. If you always won it'd be boring. The amount of times I've died in stupid or funny ways or seen it happen to other people and have them also tell me how funny it was, far outweighs any victories i may have in terms of enjoyment. I remember those moments way more fondly.

Reminds me of my Counter-Strike days when I played in a small clan with friends. It was mostly fun but one friend managed to ruin it for me completely, to the point where I told 'em to go sit on his fist and I didn't bother playing with them anymore. If we lost a clan match or even a friendly, the guy would go completely berserk, demanding that we had to train to get better, or that I fudged up too many rounds because of my n00bieness or that we played terribly, etc - and by berserk I mean swearing and yelling down the mic and getting into one hell of a bad mood. Truth be told, most matches we lost by a close margin, were completely epic. If we got thrashed, oh well, it was meant to be, but at least I had someone show me how it was done properly. This guy played the game over 50 hours a week. I usually went for 4 at most. Perhaps, it was just me not taking it seriously enough - or actually it's probably just the fact that he's a dick who's a sore loser and I just so happen to have better things to do in life. He's like that with every and any game though so must be a personality thing (very generalising comment there I know - take with a pinch of salt!). I remember on my last night before I went away for the year, we had a LAN party round his in which we played Galactic Battlegrounds. His army wasn't doing very well against mine and after I weakened 'em severely, he quit the game, had a go at me for supposedly "taking too long to wipe him out" and then stormed out of the room, forcing my friend (who was his team mate) to resign, ending the game a lot sooner than it could have. And yes, he's only 20 years old, very mature for his age, lol.....

Somehow I don't think foxfear will like it :p

Maase, I get your point - of course you play the game to win, and the very point of it is to try and win, but the point (lots of points here, lol) I was trying to put across is that if you lose, who cares, the thing is, you should just have had a good time losing! Deathjam and I had an extraordinary battle the other night and although I only just lost which was a bit gutting, I had so much fun regardless that it was one of the best games of Brawl I've ever had! Sure winning would have been a small bonus but losing the game isn't gonna kill me lol. Some people are just far too competitive - it's nice to want to be good at something but if you're being a jerk whilst doing it then it probably isn't worth it.

I just don't see the logic in only having fun if you win at something competitive. If you always won it'd be boring. The amount of times I've died in stupid or funny ways or seen it happen to other people and have them also tell me how funny it was, far outweighs any victories i may have in terms of enjoyment. I remember those moments way more fondly.

Reminds me of my Counter-Strike days when I played in a small clan with friends. It was mostly fun but one friend managed to ruin it for me completely, to the point where I told 'em to go sit on his fist and I didn't bother playing with them anymore. If we lost a clan match or even a friendly, the guy would go completely berserk, demanding that we had to train to get better, or that I fudged up too many rounds because of my n00bieness or that we played terribly, etc - and by berserk I mean swearing and yelling down the mic and getting into one hell of a bad mood. Truth be told, most matches we lost by a close margin, were completely epic. If we got thrashed, oh well, it was meant to be, but at least I had someone show me how it was done properly. This guy played the game over 50 hours a week. I usually went for 4 at most. Perhaps, it was just me not taking it seriously enough - or actually it's probably just the fact that he's a dick who's a sore loser and I just so happen to have better things to do in life. He's like that with every and any game though so must be a personality thing (very generalising comment there I know - take with a pinch of salt!). I remember on my last night before I went away for the year, we had a LAN party round his in which we played Galactic Battlegrounds. His army wasn't doing very well against mine and after I weakened 'em severely, he quit the game, had a go at me for supposedly "taking too long to wipe him out" and then stormed out of the room, forcing my friend (who was his team mate) to resign, ending the game a lot sooner than it could have. And yes, he's only 20 years old, very mature for his age, lol.....

I had a friend that was like that when playing the original counter strike. He used to throw the keyboard and mouse off the wall. It was quite comical at times. His competitiveness only got worse when I introduced him to melee because he just couldn't beat me. Fun times :indeed:

WHAAAT?

But... Fox... Fear... Said... and....

Okay, okay, you're right, i rest my case.

Edit: Oh and yes, about Winning and all, you're right again

I have to admit that I have let the angry man inside me get out in some games, resulting in a small storming and a little sulking. BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND! Those were INCREDIBLY tight games in smash which ended with the smash ball being knocked out of me, and then my friend winning it from there...but yeah I love the way I can reminisce and laugh about those times. Getting angry sometimes makes those moments more epic. Fun is first and foremost, because without that, what's the point of playing a game?

Oh and pooki, your friend has a serious personality problem. I hope he has some redeeming features away from gaming.

EDIT: Feel like a game now?

Remember to post in the online thread for match arrangements.

Yeah sorry bout that. Actually my eyes hurting is probably a sign that I need sleep.

That's my point exactly I don't mind losing at all, if it's to a truly better player of which I can learn a thing or two...

In my defence, spamming can be overcome easily when in one on one... it gets annoying when it's don in team battles, every time you get knoced back by someone, he's sitting near the edge and ready to welcome you with one of his fully charged smashes -.- :shakehead

I also don't blame him for that since it was his first time !! I wrote the message when I didn't know he was new to the game...

What trophies do you need to get out of SSE?

The one trophy I need is the Stickers trophy. Which you get for collecting all 700 stickers. I have all the other trophies, including the ones from SSE.

I got one more sticker last night, so I now have 695 stickers. Man, it's tedious.

Bit off the current thread's topic, and I don't know if it's been discussed(568 pages is alot to be trawling through) but what the hell is up with Nintendo's random? I swear it's not as random as it could/should be, I've not run any actual tests to be fair, and I know you can apparently never truly prove/show randomness(and the issue of pseudo-randomness), but does anyone else think it's a bit un-random at times?

Bit off the current thread's topic, and I don't know if it's been discussed(568 pages is alot to be trawling through) but what the hell is up with Nintendo's random? I swear it's not as random as it could/should be, I've not run any actual tests to be fair, and I know you can apparently never truly prove/show randomness(and the issue of pseudo-randomness), but does anyone else think it's a bit un-random at times?

This is so true that I dont even pick random for me or my cpu opponent. Actually I don't even play against the cpu anymore because it really feels like they cheat.

will someone please tell me what is a coin match, and how u play it in brawl. i've looked everywhere online and all the say is bout what u do in it but not how bloody get it

will someone please tell me what is a coin match, and how u play it in brawl. i've looked everywhere online and all the say is bout what u do in it but not how bloody get it

click the bit that deals with rules, and you can choose between time, stock or coin matches.

Its so "random" I got Ness three times row.

Oh, its random alright, i got Toon Link one time and then Diddy Kong then, and i didn't got Ness yet.

Its Random, don't worry about that.

Oh, its random alright, i got Toon Link one time and then Diddy Kong then, and i didn't got Ness yet.

Its Random, don't worry about that.

How often do you play on random? I don't know why I just feel sometimes like it's very unrandom, but I guess the brain has a habit of making patterns. I am, for the record, pretty much a 100% randomer and so are 2 of the people I regularly play with, and they think that the random is rather unrandom like myself!

Weird. There could be any manner of algorithm behind it. For instance, perhaps it is more likely to choose a character you haven't played with as much.

I should imagine there IS an algorithm behind it due to the problems of random number generation, but I don't feel like it was accounted for or taken into balance. I think it would have actually been good for them to try and do it like that, to reduce the chances of getting a character you've already played with to try and keep it all balanced out, though I guess there'd be people who'd argue against it due to not being random. I dunno if it's a problem or not, it's just something I've noticed and it's bugged me cos there's some characters I rarely ever get, and ones I get far too much! It's probably just a standard random generator algorithm, which makes it flawed? I don't understand it all really, but I should have thought it's easy to overcome.

What? Its very simple to make Random

100/34, the result is the chance for each character.

That's the random, at least for me.

Well, I tried it today and I assure it's not very random at all. Got Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong twice in a row and out of the three stages I made, it chose all three of them then the first one again before it chose a normal stage. I'm just gonna delete they stages :nono: