NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I was talking to Dante, duh. I tought the tiers were about the easiest guy to play with, Snake is not easy, not even spamming, a lot of noobs lose with Snake by spamming and get owned.

As other's have stated, it's not Dante's list so nice auto-pwn on yourself. Duh! A lot of people play as snake without using his 'spam' moves and win. Not against me obviously but I have seen this. And his projectile moves come out slow so you can't really spam them. He's a good character which I think is widely accepted, but you still need to be skilled with him as he does have a lot of options at his disposal, and it's knowing what to do in a given option that makes a good player. A good dose of anticipation is handy too.

I think Brawls characters are anything but balanced! but maybe that's just me!

I agree wholeheartedly. Why they had to make falco's blaster make you flinch, I will never know. People can, and have, sat back and spammed that god awful thing as you rush them. Careful use of it can make falco almost impossible to attack. And then he shoves his damn reflector in your face, and because of the extra distance it covers, it can send projectiles back faster than you were prepared for. I know, as I play as samus who has been nerfed to the point where only 2-3 of her moves can knock an opponent out. One of those includes the weakened laser.

I think Brawls characters are anything but balanced! but maybe that's just me!

Well, you're probably right in that department.

Meh, I guess I just don't like tiers. They always remind me of Smash fanatics.

Well, you're probably right in that department.

Meh, I guess I just don't like tiers. They always remind me of Smash fanatics.

Amen Dannyboy!

Btw, Deathjam, I would most like to see your Samus in action sometime! Perhaps we could arrange a small battle in the near future?

Amen Dannyboy!

To quote Mario from the Brawl Taunts skecthes on Newgrounds: "Silly Bowser, tiers are for queers!" :)

No offence meant.

To quote Mario from the Brawl Taunts skecthes on Newgrounds: "Silly Bowser, tiers are for queers!" :)

No offence meant.

If tiers are for queers why do you get so worked up about them?? Tiers are to determine what characters are better against others, e.g. a low tier can easily be a counter for a top tier, but the char is low tier because he doesn't fare well against many others except for the one in particular...

I hope you now understand what ties are all about...

If tiers are for queers why do you get so worked up about them?? Tiers are to determine what characters are better against others, e.g. a low tier can easily be a counter for a top tier, but the char is low tier because he doesn't fare well against many others except for the one in particular...

Tiers may not be for queers, it's just that 99% of the people who even bother to read them happen to be queers. The kind of annoying/boring people who frequent Smash-boards and look up every cheap, annoying technique they can because they care too much about winning.

They treat this game as if it's a sport, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for their elitist attitudes.

I understand what tiers are all about, I just don't like them. I refer to TysOn's post above me.

Tiers may not be for queers, it's just that 99% of the people who even bother to read them happen to be queers. The kind of annoying/boring people who frequent Smash-boards and look up every cheap, annoying technique they can because they care too much about winning.

They treat this game as if it's a sport, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for their elitist attitudes.

I really couldn't disagree more with this post... but hey, it's a free world... if you wanna keep playing scrub-level that's fine for me, you can do whatever the heck you like...

Excuse me for wanting to get better and I LIKE looking up every cheap, annoying technique but that doesn't mean I'll use them in friendlies... Only when trying to teach scrubs a lesson :indeed:

I really couldn't disagree more with this post... but hey, it's a free world... if you wanna keep playing scrub-level that's fine for me, you can do whatever the heck you like...

Excuse me for wanting to get better and I LIKE looking up every cheap, annoying technique but that doesn't mean I'll use them in friendlies... Only when trying to teach scrubs a lesson :indeed:

You always use chaingrabbing in friendlies :p And you're in no position to call anyone a scrub Buster Brown.

You always use chaingrabbing in friendlies :p And you're in no position to call anyone a scrub Buster Brown.

Tyso has a point Foxfear, you're hardly a pro or anything. Tyso plays it how he wants and still pwns your rear.

I think you just gotta enjoy the game for what it is. Hell, I'm using Falcon a lot lately and strangely enough I'm winning a fair few games with him online - probably more than I do with Lucas.

Not saying that tiers don't neccessarily exist - but moreso that I don't care - Sprout beats me with every character under the sun regardless.

Tyso has a point Foxfear, you're hardly a pro or anything. Tyso plays it how he wants and still pwns your rear.

I think you just gotta enjoy the game for what it is. Hell, I'm using Falcon a lot lately and strangely enough I'm winning a fair few games with him online - probably more than I do with Lucas.

Not saying that tiers don't neccessarily exist - but moreso that I don't care - Sprout beats me with every character under the sun regardless.

And how would you know if Tyso pwns my rear or not?? Have played him in weeks...

Edit: I consider myself pretty good, considering I 've only had the game for 2 months... I'm not even close to being a pro, but that's kinda impossible after such a short amount of time...

And how would you know if Tyso pwns my rear or not?? Have played him in weeks...

Edit: I consider myself pretty good, considering I 've only had the game for 2 months... I'm not even close to being a pro, but that's kinda impossible after such a short amount of time...

No offence Foxfear, but Europe has only had the game for 2 months and given most of the people who occupy this place are from here, I'd say that they won't have any longer than you to get up to speed. If you play someone who didn't get it in the first month, you're going to have had much more exposure to it than they could have.

If those people work, like myself, they don't have much time during the week to play and practice. They only play at the weekends and end up getting getting schooled by the kids who've devoted their entire holidays to mastering a game.

No offence Foxfear, but Europe has only had the game for 2 months and given most of the people who occupy this place are from here, I'd say that they won't have any longer than you to get up to speed. If you play someone who didn't get it in the first month, you're going to have had much more exposure to it than they could have.

If those people work, like myself, they don't have much time during the week to play and practice. They only play at the weekends and end up getting getting schooled by the kids who've devoted their entire holidays to mastering a game.

Actually that's not quite true... many people from here imported the NTSC version of the game e.g. Sprout, Tyso, Zero (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Actually that's not quite true... many people from here imported the NTSC version of the game e.g. Sprout, Tyso, Zero (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Okay, you're wrong. I didn't import it, infact I got it a week after release.

well, ive got the game, but i suck. got it on launch and i still havent breached 24 hours. i did get a ps3 the week after mind, so it explains my lack of play

Just because I have the NTSC version doesn't mean i have played it more than you but, odds are I probably have :P

Amen Dannyboy!

Btw, Deathjam, I would most like to see your Samus in action sometime! Perhaps we could arrange a small battle in the near future?

If you are on now, feel like tasting my samys? :heh:

If you are on now, feel like tasting my samys? :heh:

As stated in the meetup thread - shall be on in about 10 mins so you may pwn me with your Samusy goodness!

And Foxfear, I got the game at the beginning of August and I have (excluding team matches), tidily put you away in pretty much all of the games - usually as Ness or Lucas. Now players like Tyso, Boko and Sprout are the ones who truly put up an awesome fight - usually as lower "tier" characters - it's very rare I beat them.

Try not to play to win - it's just no fun then.

Honestly, Foxfear just comes across as an arrogant player most of the time, and not the kind of person I care to play against as you know they're taking it really seriously whilst you're just enjoying yourself.

Honestly, Foxfear just comes across as an arrogant player most of the time, and not the kind of person I care to play against as you know they're taking it really seriously whilst you're just enjoying yourself.

Agreed.

Gotta play with you guys too.

As stated in the meetup thread - shall be on in about 10 mins so you may pwn me with your Samusy goodness!

And Foxfear, I got the game at the beginning of August and I have (excluding team matches), tidily put you away in pretty much all of the games - usually as Ness or Lucas. Now players like Tyso, Boko and Sprout are the ones who truly put up an awesome fight - usually as lower "tier" characters - it's very rare I beat them.

Try not to play to win - it's just no fun then.

Now you played me, feel like adding me to that list? :D

Agreed.

Gotta play with you guys too.

EDIT: WTH is with that dirty avatar shino.

Hmm...I dunno.....lol, just kidding, you're definitely up there mate!

And that's the fun with playing Foxfear - I find great satisfaction in the fact that when I beat him it ruins his day.

The best one was when my friend who doesn't even own the game managed to beat Foxfear in the very first game we played online with him!

Well let's not start flaming Foxfear. That is just his opinion of the game.