NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Can't remember how long I've been waiting but I finally broke and got another copy of Brawl after I updated my Wii to confirm the freeloader stopped working. Sucks that I have to start all over again. But, yeh good to be back playing. Shame it's not really as fun this time round as it was to begin with but hey-ho.

If anyone's interested*, I got the Mizzo trophy at last!

So I now have:

Trophies: 543 / 544

Stickers: 683 / 700

Just 17 stickers to go. Course, this will take almost as long as it took to get 683. If not longer.

*Doubtful, I know

If anyone's interested*, I got the Mizzo trophy at last!

So I now have:

Trophies: 543 / 544

Stickers: 683 / 700

Just 17 stickers to go. Course, this will take almost as long as it took to get 683. If not longer.

*Doubtful, I know

Nice One!

Tell us when you get the rest :P

Smashboards tier list.

Meta Knight

Snake

King Dedede

Mr. Game & Watch

Falco

R.O.B.

High

Marth

Wario

Lucario

Donkey Kong

Diddy

Pikachu

Ice Climbers

Kirby

Pit

Wolf

Middle

Toon Link

Olimar

Fox

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

Bowser

Luigi

Peach

Ike

Sheik

Low

Lucas

Ness

Mario

Pokémon Trainer

Samus

Yoshi

Sonic

Jigglypuff

Ganondorf

Link

Captain Falcon

Agree or disagree with this tier list?

I don't think Link and Lucas should be in the bottom, Sheik should be higher imo. And Zero Suit Samus higher.

Nice One!

Thanks!

Keep at it Mike and let me know how you get on!

I main Captain Falcon, so obviously that Tier List sucks (joking!). The Smash Boards do stress that it is version 1.0 of their list, so there may be some changes.

No surprises with Meta Knight, but I was surprised to see Snake up there.

Smashboards tier list.

Meta Knight

Snake

King Dedede

Mr. Game & Watch

Falco

R.O.B.

High

Marth

Wario

Lucario

Donkey Kong

Diddy

Pikachu

Ice Climbers

Kirby

Pit

Wolf

Middle

Toon Link

Olimar

Fox

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

Bowser

Luigi

Peach

Ike

Sheik

Low

Lucas

Ness

Mario

Pokémon Trainer

Samus

Yoshi

Sonic

Jigglypuff

Ganondorf

Link

Captain Falcon

well what do you know, that list totaly dissagrees with me.

ike's my best, i like link n yoshi, cant use meta knight very well, and think dedede is crap.

but then im just one guy.

but then im just one guy.

And that's the whole point. It's impossible to set up lists for who's the better character. There are so many aspects to look at when deciding if a character is good or not, and essentially it depends on the way the character is played.

IMO at least.

Smashboards tier list.

Meta Knight

Snake

King Dedede

Mr. Game & Watch

Falco

R.O.B.

High

Marth

Wario

Lucario

Donkey Kong

Diddy

Pikachu

Ice Climbers

Kirby

Pit

Wolf

Middle

Toon Link

Olimar

Fox

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

Bowser

Luigi

Peach

Ike

Sheik

Low

Lucas

Ness

Mario

Pokémon Trainer

Samus

Yoshi

Sonic

Jigglypuff

Ganondorf

Link

Captain Falcon

Seeing as I used to use Lucas (and would probably call him my second main) I would say that he comes much higher up that list! I can see the Falcon being so low though - that guy just seems to have no priority but what the hey, I'm giving him a go!

Going by Smashboards is a waste of time though, the people over there are losers and they just base these on tournament rankings mostly. Doesn't say much about the actual character.

Hmm, I think Ike and Toon Link are better than middle and Mario is also better than low.

Snake is one of the hardest guys to master, there's no doubt that he's a lot lower in the list than you put him.

Still, Sonic is too low, he's actually easy to master and can make much damage using it, also, shame on you for putting Pokémon Trainer and Link on the bottom, im not even waste time discussing that part.

Snake is one of the hardest guys to master, there's no doubt that he's a lot lower in the list than you put him.

Still, Sonic is too low, he's actually easy to master and can make much damage using it, also, shame on you for putting Pokémon Trainer and Link on the bottom, im not even waste time discussing that part.

Who are you referring to when you say you? What a weird sentence. Snake is a good character with good priorites and a tricky reportoire of moves and a lot of strength, even in the most basic of his moves. That neutral A-combo of his can easily knock you out. Just because he is hard to master, doesn't mean he can't be high up the list.

As for Tlink and link, I am surprised they aren't a little higher. Not at all surprised about where samus and Ganon are. They should definitely stay there as they can be really hard to win with. Zelda is a beast in the right (mine :D) hands and Zero Suit has awesome speed but can be a little tricky to kill with sometimes.

Wolf could be a little higher

And that's the whole point. It's impossible to set up lists for who's the better character. There are so many aspects to look at when deciding if a character is good or not, and essentially it depends on the way the character is played.

For individual people, you are right. Everyone has their own style.

The Tiers are a general list of characters that for professionals indicate which characters enable their players to perform better than other characters.

I suppose it's like saying 'Which swimsuit designs and fabrics are the best in competition?' Some will wear all-over sharkskin emulated fabrics, some will wear minimal lycra fabrics. That's not to say that those wearing the sharkskin fabrics will always beat those wearing lycra fabrics, but it does mean that the odds are in their favour.

At least, this is how I understand the meaning behind Tiers and I realise that was a crap analogy.

Who are you referring to when you say you? What a weird sentence. Snake is a good character with good priorites and a tricky reportoire of moves and a lot of strength, even in the most basic of his moves. That neutral A-combo of his can easily knock you out. Just because he is hard to master, doesn't mean he can't be high up the list.

As for Tlink and link, I am surprised they aren't a little higher. Not at all surprised about where samus and Ganon are. They should definitely stay there as they can be really hard to win with. Zelda is a beast in the right (mine :D) hands and Zero Suit has awesome speed but can be a little tricky to kill with sometimes.

Wolf could be a little higher

I was talking to Dante, duh. I tought the tiers were about the easiest guy to play with, Snake is not easy, not even spamming, a lot of noobs lose with Snake by spamming and get owned.

I was talking to Dante, duh. I tought the tiers were about the easiest guy to play with, Snake is not easy, not even spamming, a lot of noobs lose with Snake by spamming and get owned.

That's not a tier list. A tier list is an ordered list of who you expect to win torunaments while also taking their potential into account. In other words, considering each character is played as perfectly as humanly possible, it's a list of best to worst.

In my opinion Bowser's a bit too high. Sure he fares much better than in melee, but he does not have that much advantages over a lot of the characters under him.

But yeah, expect it to change a few times, also it's not really revelant for our matches here.

For individual people, you are right. Everyone has their own style.

The Tiers are a general list of characters that for professionals indicate which characters enable their players to perform better than other characters.

I suppose it's like saying 'Which swimsuit designs and fabrics are the best in competition?' Some will wear all-over sharkskin emulated fabrics, some will wear minimal lycra fabrics. That's not to say that those wearing the sharkskin fabrics will always beat those wearing lycra fabrics, but it does mean that the odds are in their favour.

At least, this is how I understand the meaning behind Tiers and I realise that was a crap analogy.

I just don't feel right about that line of thought. How can you decide which character is better? Agreed, some characters are obviously flawed (Pichu, anyone?), but when the characters are balanced, I think most tier lists will be very subjective.

but when the characters are balanced, I think most tier lists will be very subjective.
I think Brawls characters are anything but balanced! but maybe that's just me!