NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

yeah u can, if its co-op then u cant but I played once by myself and i could continue. Maybe its only on intense difficulty that u cant...

I find Boss Battles the most intensely frustrating mode due to the fact you can't continue. Intense is so insanely difficult and the thought of doing it with all the characters on any setting scares me more than I like to admit :(

Completing Boss Battles with all characters on Easy is . . . well, easy. It's just time consuming. It's also good practise for completing it on the harder difficulties. I breezed through Normal, Hard and Hardest after this.

Intense is ony possible after memorising boss patterns and after mastering dodging.

Youtube has the most amazing runs of Boss Battles. Here's a No-Damage Intense run:

Very pleased with myself as I've just done Boss Battles on Very Hard for the first time, using Charizard's rock smash, as Foxfear suggested - pretty easy to get to Tabuu, but it still took a good 5 or 6 attempts to beat him, as I've still never managed to successfully dodge his ring attack.

Yes!!!! I finally beat it. After getting to Tabu (Tabuu?) a few times and dying with alarming consistency, I decided to practise on the Tabu in the Subspace Emissary. On Intense, he is actually loads harder than in Boss Battles.

So I now have all Challenge windows unlocked except for 'Collect All Stickers' with 5 unused Golden Hammers.

I've just got 11 trophies to get, and then I think I'll call it a day.

</Dear Diary>

Yes!!!! I finally beat it. After getting to Tabu (Tabuu?) a few times and dying with alarming consistency, I decided to practise on the Tabu in the Subspace Emissary. On Intense, he is actually loads harder than in Boss Battles.

So I now have all Challenge windows unlocked except for 'Collect All Stickers' with 5 unused Golden Hammers.

I've just got 11 trophies to get, and then I think I'll call it a day.

</Dear Diary>

No online play for you bud? Can be so much fun when there isn't lag. Plus there are tournaments going on. Get involved!

No online play for you bud? Can be so much fun when there isn't lag. Plus there are tournaments going on. Get involved!

I would, but I'd like to give everyone else at least a chance to win a match. :smile:

Ahem, but seriously, I was tempted to join, but I don't have many free evenings. I have so many other games demanding attention at the moment too. Lame excuses I know.

I would, but I'd like to give everyone else at least a chance to win a match. :smile:

Ahem, but seriously, I was tempted to join, but I don't have many free evenings. I have so many other games demanding attention at the moment too. Lame excuses I know.

Not really because I have exactly the same problem right now, and I have just got into an MMO as well. Haven't been online with my wii in awhile but I have match, hopefully tonight, so I will be getting involved again

I made a video with the special taunts you can do on Corneria with Fox and Falco. This needs a couple of hours to improve quality, but I'll link it anyway:

My favorite is Fox's first one.

When I'm a bit more patient I'll do Lylat Cruise too.

Cool. Is there a special trick to doing these? Or is it just a direction on the D-pad like a regular taunt?

I've now got just 8 more trophies to get.

I now have the 'Kat & Ana' and 'Jameson and A.I.R.S' trophies. Just 6 more to go. Man, why didn't they let you trade trophies with friends? At least the random ones.

Got the 'Hydra' trophy last night. Just 5 trophies left to get!

*Wonders if these trophy updates are annoying anyone yet*

Got the 'Hydra' trophy last night. Just 5 trophies left to get!

How do you get these trophies?? Just by playing the coin game??

I imagine it's through the challenges mode as they're probably the rare ones! I've been working on mine but I'm hardly anywhere, saying that I've had the game less than a month!

For random trophies, yes, by playing the Coin Launcher. The Dojo once said that you have a greater chance of getting a new trophy the more enemies you shoot down, so this is why I'm using the Coin Launcher.

Another method is to play the SSE Skyworld level with Yoshi and get two trophies at the start of the level and keep retrying, but I think your chances of getting a new trophy stay the same throughout using this method.

The problem is getting enough coins. I used to have over 5000, but I'm now in a cycle where I have to amass coins for an hour and then have a go at getting a new trophy until all coins are exhausted.

It's a bit tedious, but I'm keen to finish the game 100%.

You are addicted to these trophies. Did you get them all in Melee?! :o

Well I got some new trophies from the vault today too - Classic mode with all characters; character trophies for all characters; all star with all characters; final smash trophies for all characters; target smash 2 with all characters; and boss battles with 20 characters. Plus I used golden hammers on the 50/100 hours of Brawls, because I don't think I'd ever manage that much. The 50 hours one got me my last CD, too, so I got the KK Slider trophy. So not a bad haul today! :)

You are addicted to these trophies. Did you get them all in Melee?! :o

Yep! All 290 of them. That was a tall order too.

Well I got some new trophies from the vault today too

Well done - nice to see someone else doing a collectathon. It's really not necessary to use a Golden Hammer on the 20/50/100 hours of brawls challenges. They are counted as combined time with all players. For example, if you plugged four controllers in and played a 4-player brawl for 25 hours, then you'd achieve 100 hours of brawls and unlock all three challenges.

I'm a collect addict too.

Got 288 trophies in Melee. Just missing the Olimar one (I don't have Pikmin... I know I should be ashamed) and the crazy hand one (give up trying to beat adventure mode on hard without losing a continue when Gigabowser rapes me).

On Brawl, I'm around 520 trophies now. Spend nearly 500 coins in the coin launcher yesterday to gain... nothing new... :shakehead I'll probably use a hammer on 15 min multi-man brawl and on the 100 one with all characters because I really don't want to do those things. They're frustrating as hell. I hate the multi-man modes.

On the Coin Launcher, make sure you shoot all the enemies, which apparently gives you a greater chance of getting a new trophy. It therefore stands to reason that the more coins you have to play with, the better. I always make sure I have at least 1000 coins before having a go.

You can do the 15-minute multi-man brawl either the conventional way, or the cheaty way by using a character that can fly underneath the stage from one edge to the other, thereby avoiding the alloys. Pit, Kirby, Metaknight etc...

There is no cheap way of completing 100 man brawl with all characters though. :(