NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

This probably doesn't happen to anyone else. But does anyone know why sometimes the characters face plant?

Dedede does a face plant as his dash attack. But you're probably talking about tripping. Every time you tap your control stick (as you would to do a smash) there's a chance your character will trip. Why Sakurai thought this was a good idea nobody will ever know.

I think tripping was a direct retaliation to the shitflinging-fest that is Smashboards. No game deserves such a following of elitist inbreds such as that. I'd probably cry myself to sleep if I knew something I created united that kind of circus.

As for cruel brawl, you can do it with pretty much any character by making them commit suicide. The easiest person to do it with is Ganon, since he's got a great spike (d-air).

So can ANYONE beat these guy 'properly' (without co-op)?? Because I seems impossible!

I think tripping was a direct retaliation to the shitflinging-fest that is Smashboards. No game deserves such a following of elitist inbreds such as that. I'd probably cry myself to sleep if I knew something I created united that kind of circus.

It's like that for any competitive game that doesn't have an M rating.

My brother finished the 100 man brawl with all 35 characters the other day. I finished it with some too. It's not that hard.

Now, 15 min brawl will be a feat.

15 minute Brawl kept crashing on me after 5 minutes... you know I'd actually have some incentive to play Brawl again if my disc wasn't bloody broken.

Smashboards is full of shitheads, the actually discussions go on in the private boards where they don't let the mob in. I only used to go on there to read the FAQs.

So can ANYONE beat these guy 'properly' (without co-op)?? Because I seems impossible!

Well with a bit of perserverence you can get 5, I think I managed that. Does involve a lot of luck though. Obviously you have to stay on one side and not let them surround you, since they have the same AI they tend to bunch together allowing you to hit a lot of them at once.

It does seem harder than Cruel Melee though, my record is something like 50 kills :)

I'm surprised no-one has suggested for 100 man brawl using Lucas PK Thunder (up+B). Its almost a piss-take how easy that is because the 'thunder' goes through the wired people so you can use it for up to 5 kills in one move, and also you can guide it with ease.

I used the same move again in Cruel Brawl, this time jumping from the edges of the platform, hovering there the second jump, then use PK thunder so it hits yourself at an angle so you can plough through the arseholes. Do this move succesfully 4/5 times will net you 10 KOs.

Spent about 2 hours on Boss Battles hard mode with Fox today, and finally did it, on my fifth time getting to Tabuu. Still can't dodge his 'rings' attack properly, though - I was just lucky when I beat him that it didn't hit me off the stage.

Spent about 2 hours on Boss Battles hard mode with Fox today, and finally did it, on my fifth time getting to Tabuu. Still can't dodge his 'rings' attack properly, though - I was just lucky when I beat him that it didn't hit me off the stage.

How do you actually block them?

How do you actually block them?

I don't think you can block them even at full shield. Dodging is the only way.

I don't think you can block them even at full shield. Dodging is the only way.

I tried the Sheik/Zelda Down+B trick. But i always got hit by the last ring.

You have to spot-dodge at the right times...not really that hard...

I finished Boss Battles on Very Hard recently, (using Donkey Kong would you believe). I'll be going for the Intense version at some point.

Anyone know if Marth / Roy's Down + B move works for Tabuu's Wing Attack?

Anyone have all the trophies yet? I have 439 at the moment.

N-Europe Official Brawl Tournament

Join this tournament then! You will be better at the end of it.

Yeh i signed up to that ages ago :P

I finished Boss Battles on Very Hard recently, (using Donkey Kong would you believe). I'll be going for the Intense version at some point.

Anyone know if Marth / Roy's Down + B move works for Tabuu's Wing Attack?

Anyone have all the trophies yet? I have 439 at the moment.

How many trophies is there to collect?

Are there any rewards for clearing all the events on hard? I've done about 35/41 of them at the higher difficulty level, and don't want to bother with the rest if there's no reward.

Also, is there any way to play co-op without a mate? I want to finish those events :( Can it be done online?

How many trophies is there to collect?

I believe there are 544.

Are there any rewards for clearing all the events on hard? I've done about 35/41 of them at the higher difficulty level, and don't want to bother with the rest if there's no reward.

Also, is there any way to play co-op without a mate? I want to finish those events Can it be done online?

You're not going to like this, but there are no rewards for completing ALL events on Hard, but there are rewards for completing certain individual events, some of which have to be cleared on Hard, some don't.

You can't do Event Matches online. There are some Co-op events you could struggle through with a second 'player' just sat there doing nothing. Others will be next-to-impossible, such as Event 5 - the Yoshi Rainbow Ride one.

Two events which I know need completion on hard are Advent of the Evil King and Dark Link Duel, the latter of which I should attempt tonight.

The first one is just stupid. Ganondorf (who I suck with) vs. Link, Zelda and Pit. I eventually beat it just by running away a lot and spamming his neutral-b.

I believe there are 544.

You're not going to like this, but there are no rewards for completing ALL events on Hard, but there are rewards for completing certain individual events, some of which have to be cleared on Hard, some don't.

You can't do Event Matches online. There are some Co-op events you could struggle through with a second 'player' just sat there doing nothing. Others will be next-to-impossible, such as Event 5 - the Yoshi Rainbow Ride one.

Did all on hard apart from the yoshi one cos its fricking ridiculous. You just don't have enough time. Even when we did it perfectly, we still lost.

Just got round to playing this online for the first time earlier (had the game since the Japanese release though), and my- what a heap of shit. I don't think I've encountered a worse online mode to a game.

Just got round to playing this online for the first time earlier (had the game since the Japanese release though), and my- what a heap of shit. I don't think I've encountered a worse online mode to a game.

agreed, its crap to the point were 2/3 of matches are almost unplayable