NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Is there anyone in here who's not doing the spoilers? Its like a minefield in here.

Yeah, that guy

*Points to the tumbleweed*

Is there anyone in here who's not doing the spoilers? Its like a minefield in here.

I think someone should create a spoiler-free thread for SSBB...after all it's basically impossible (and illogical) to go through this thread without seeing any spoilers as basically every post has one lol...

up253998.jpg

Everyone's watching Link fight...someone.

Is it me or is there a small Ridley there? (to the left of Bowser)

edit:

1201618715882.jpg

Predictable, but still ace

1201618386414yj1.jpg

Its obviously just starting out. Link's sword is still not out when he just starts a level, doesnt mean he doesnt have one

Is Krystal confirmed...?

No.

She's rather been deconfirmed if the roster with ROB and Wolf is true, which seems likely at the moment. Unfortunately.

Didnt the roster say ROB was starfox ROB? Cause this one is R.O.B. the Robot, it's not the same.

Didnt the roster say ROB was starfox ROB? Cause this one is R.O.B. the Robot, it's not the same.

the roster you speak of was firstly done as a list and then someone made a picture from that list. The picture featured SF-ROB, but the list was unspecified.

They never said it was Starfox ROB, people claimed if it was any ROB it had to be him since R.O.B is a subspace enemy, but it turns out they were wrong.

The 35 character roster is practically confirmed 100%.

So you're assuming this is all the characters we get?

Who's that Taboo fellow? Looks very Final Fantasy and since the story was written by that dude, who knows?

Who's that Taboo fellow? Looks very Final Fantasy and since the story was written by that dude, who knows?

Yes, we are.

Some guy here said he's a boss in SSE.

Damnit, I can't stop clicking these spoilers, i want to be spoiler Free from the main Story line >>

The Caracters I'm not too fussed about, but all these tempting spoilers....*trys to resit urge to click anymore*

The 35 char roster has 13 new characters or so not in Melee. Useless characters from Melee have been removed as they have superior equivalents and older characters have upgraded movesets. The Pokemon trainer composes 3 characters and Zelda/Shiek is 2 so in total it's basically 38 characters.

Sakurai never promised every last popular character from every Nintendo franchise. No fighting game is about amount of characters, it's about a diverse range but most importantly a BALANCED selection. If you go too crazy it's incredibly difficult to keep that up without making tons of characters ridiculously gimmicky and stupid.

He never claimed there's be tons of third party characters either, maybe a few was the idea and there are 2, which is coincidentally 2 more than Melee.

I agree but in melee there were characters that required you to play 20 hour multiplayer, I don't think this guy had enough time to really show us all the characters.

I agree but in melee there were characters that required you to play 20 hour multiplayer, I don't think this guy had enough time to really show us all the characters.

He hasn't unlocked them all yet but he has unlocked 31 or so of the 35 characters in the supposed roster, with no one unlocked that wasn't in it. Of the ones he hasn't unlocked we already know a few are in the game, such as Sonic.

Apparently this time around most of the characters can be unlocked in the story mode because Sakurai actually stated a while back this would be the case. I think it's so more casual players can unlock them all instead of having to do ridiculous tasks like that, which only appeal to the hardcore crowd.

At the same time I think there are multiple ways to unlock certain characters just like in Melee, so some will have those kind of VS requirements but also easier requirements perhaps. Seems pointless but it's possible.

The thing that really confirms it for me though was there another pic of save file slots or something which had 2 rows showing the characters. Only the default roster was unlocked in the list but the 2 lines only had room for 36 character icons and it was obvious the box wouldn't get bigger.