NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

i could imagine sephiroth being the new marth.

Marth was so hard to play against.

On another note, those ridiculous moves in the video ( Link's triforce move and mario's Huge red beam/fireball) possibly some 'mega' moves you earn/ charge up during battle through kills and damage or do you reckon they were just for show in the video?

On another note, those ridiculous moves in the video

You deserve to be slapped VERY hard.

On another note, those ridiculous moves in the video ( Link's triforce move and mario's Huge red beam/fireball) possibly some 'mega' moves you earn/ charge up during battle through kills and damage or do you reckon they were just for show in the video?

No, Mario`s big fireball was from gameplay.

You must take the Super Smash logo thingie to be able to perform a super attack ( They might change it, though::shrug: )

You deserve to be slapped VERY hard.

:grin: They look like one hit ko's.

I only watched the video once and obviously wasn't paying attention to those Smash bros icons...sorry :)

Whatever makes Super Smash Bros. better is the right thing to do.

And i think by including thrid party Smash Bros. will get better in my opinion.

If you think for a moment Nintendo have already used their main characters in Smash Bros. I believe they shouldn't include any more pokemon or secondary characters because they are not iconic enough and a lot of people will not care about them. Smash Bros. in my opinion is all about the gaming characters we know, beating the crap out of each other. By including third party characters that are recogniseable and have depth as fighters i seriously believe Brawl will be the best one yet (if you do not think about online play in the game).

If the games developers were to include Waluigi do you really think his fighting abilities would differ from Mario, Luigi or even Wario? Maybe Waluigi could be included as an extra unlockable skin for Wario but really by just expanding the amount of characters from different gaming series would probably get tedious sequel after sequel.

Take a character like Cloud (although some of you seem to be keen to not have him in the game) he would most likely make a good fighter because he has a completely different fighting structure to anyone else in smash bros at the moment. With Cloud developers could combine sword combat and magic casting into one character and i'm sure that would be highly popular like other sword-weilding characters in smash bros are at the moment.

I know some are not going to agree with me and are most likely going to search for flaws in my argument and use them against me but think about it, what would you rather have, the same game you know and love or a daring sequel that might just improve on everything the series has to offer.

Nintendo are saying change is good at the moment, and i definately agree that with Nintendo's abiltiy to change things for the better, Smash Bros. could definately benifit from this.

So i say, bring on the third party characters that everyone knows and loves.

(Sorry for the long read).

In the video it shows mario picking up an item that resembled the smash logo. I would assume that item makes them go into a sort of "hypermode" that allows them to do moves like mario's super fireballs etc. I would think they intend to include this in the final game, with each character having their own special power move. I just hope theres no cutscene like in mario power tennis.

I imagine the special moves to be like Pokeballs in Melee. Mario's flamethrower being like Entei's Fire Blast, and Links Triforce move to be like a storm of Unowns.

If you think for a moment Nintendo have already used their main characters in Smash Bros. I believe they shouldn't include any more pokemon or secondary characters because they are not iconic enough and a lot of people will not care about them. Smash Bros. in my opinion is all about the gaming characters we know, beating the crap out of each other. By including third party characters that are recogniseable and have depth as fighters i seriously believe Brawl will be the best one yet (if you do not think about online play in the game).

If the games developers were to include Waluigi do you really think his fighting abilities would differ from Mario, Luigi or even Wario? Maybe Waluigi could be included as an extra unlockable skin for Wario but really by just expanding the amount of characters from different gaming series would probably get tedious sequel after sequel.

Take a character like Cloud (although some of you seem to be keen to not have him in the game) he would most likely make a good fighter because he has a completely different fighting structure to anyone else in smash bros at the moment. With Cloud developers could combine sword combat and magic casting into one character and i'm sure that would be highly popular like other sword-weilding characters in smash bros are at the moment.

I know some are not going to agree with me and are most likely going to search for flaws in my argument and use them against me but think about it, what would you rather have, the same game you know and love or a daring sequel that might just improve on everything the series has to offer.

Nintendo are saying change is good at the moment, and i definately agree that with Nintendo's abiltiy to change things for the better, Smash Bros. could definately benifit from this.

Totally agree, i mean smash is supposed to be an "allstar brawl". I dont really consider waluigi as a star character.

What about DESTRUCTABLE arenas.

that would completely OWN.

Yer, apologies about my other post, you make some good points. I was a little unswayed by third party characters as i always percieved it to be a nintendo beat-em up, but i realise the potential of them now. I say, get rid of the clones that play too similar - roy and marth should stay but i think pichu should leave :heh: and chuck in some completely fresh characters, with interesting array of moves.

Btw what is zero-suit samus wielding?

That would work very well. :D

Roy (Elliwood's son) appeared in GBA's first Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi*. For some reason, Nintendo decided that they wouldn't localize this game even though they had advertised it in Smash Bros. Instead they localized next Fire Emblem** game, which was basically prequel for Fuuin no Tsurugi.

* Rough translation: Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals

** Fire Emblem: Rekka no Tsurugi

URL: http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/agb/afe.shtml

Yes, I'm aware that Roy was in the first GBA Fire Emblem game. It was even mentioned in my post.

Roy is probably on the border when it comes to cancellation. On the one hand, he has a strong fanbase as a Smash Bros. character, and starred in the first GBA Fire Emblem game.

And I think you'll find that Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (or just Fire Emblem over here) is actually Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken.

I hope they dont delete too many of the originals, big roster to choose from keeps the game fresh :)

well that already been done. the metroid level you could attack something on the floor and it would seperate and tilt away. also those nerve type things you could hit them when they broke those little levels tilted away.

not sure on any other levels, but a destructable level like hyrule castle being ble to blow a hol in the wall then being able to jump inside the castle would own.

:grin: They look like one hit ko's.

I only watched the video once and obviously wasn't paying attention to those Smash bros icons...sorry :)

I don't think so...Marios was hitting too many people to 1 hit KO all of them. I expect they're just high damage things.

well that already been done. the metroid level you could attack something on the floor and it would seperate and tilt away. also those nerve type things you could hit them when they broke those little levels tilted away.

not sure on any other levels, but a destructable level like hyrule castle being ble to blow a hol in the wall then being able to jump inside the castle would own.

Great idea! Hyrule castle was the best level in melee IMO, maybe pillars you can destory which makes parts of the castle fall on your oponents. I hope they include Hyrule field in Brawl...

You know what, with everyone having all these special moves and all, how cool would It be to have Cloud summon Knights of the Round as his special, holy son of a cracker, the mere thought of it is enough to make me crap my pants. :bouncy:

You know what, with everyone having all these special moves and all, how cool would It be to have Cloud summon Knights of the Round as his special, holy son of a cracker, the mere thought of it is enough to make me crap my pants. :bouncy:

That's the move Cloud uses to finish Sephiroth, right?

No Knights of the Round is a summon.

Omnislash should be his ultimate move.

KOTR LOL. That would like take up all the screen and then take 5 mins like FF7 for the move to be pulled off. Still would be interesting to see it.

Nope, Cloud uses his Limit break to finish of Sephiroth, and In my case that was Omnislash. You could only do it though If you prevented him from summoning Meteor in his previous stage...man, Knights of The Round and Phoenix really saved my ass in that battle...

KOTR LOL. That would like take up all the screen and then take 5 mins like FF7 for the move to be pulled off. Still would be interesting to see it.

Yeah, lol, currently looking for a video of the move in motion...but no luck...can someone help me out?

A lot of people are saying "Take out Dr. Mario!", but I don't want to lose the doc. One of my friends uses him as his main character for the slight differences between him and Mario, and Doc is the only one he really presents a challenge with.

I could go without either Roy or Marth, Game&Watch, Young Link, Falco, and Pichu. I'd include Jigglypuff, but then we couldn't have no-hold-barred, take-no-prisoners Jigglypuff vs. Snake deathmatches :heh:

:yay: :yay: YAAAAAAAAAAY :yay: :yay:

:love: Geno :love: might be playable ( Plz don`t remove him from the list ).

Mallow should be playble, too.

A fellow Mario RPG fan, eh? :grin:

Anyway, if WWE games like Day of Reckoning can have 40-50+ characters, I don't see why SSBB couldn't. Though, I'm not getting my hopes up...

A lot of people are saying "Take out Dr. Mario!", but I don't want to lose the doc. One of my friends uses him as his main character for the slight differences between him and Mario, and Doc is the only one he really presents a challenge with.

if doc.mario is the only challenging character ur friend needs to get better at the game.

every1 talks about marth and roy, they r both good.

personally i play samus and can trash any1 i know tht uses either marth or roy :laughing:

why has no1 mentioned samus shes wicked, cant wait to play zero suit

if doc.mario is the only challenging character ur friend needs to get better at the game.

every1 talks about marth and roy, they r both good.

personally i play samus and can trash any1 i know tht uses either marth or roy :laughing:

why has no1 mentioned samus shes wicked, cant wait to play zero suit

Well, except for me, I kick his ass everytime we play...honestly, I kick your ass at tekken, and Soul Calibur 2 and to be honest pretty much everything else, the only games you've ever beaten me at is Marvel VS Capcom and mario kart (which I am utterly crap at), and that winning streak is about to come to and end too...anyway, me and thebenmaster will be looking forward to kicking your asses on smash bros online pretty soon...