NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I think its pretty much certain that this will get pushed back fo the yanks. I have just watched the english version of the press conference and Iwata states that the US date is being looked into and an annoucement will be made by the American Nintendo representatives.

Yeah a worldwide release would be pretty sweet tbh :) I'd like that a lot tbh. It'd be annoying for the americans to get this 2-3 months before us and get really good lol.

There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.

I'd be surprised if this game weren't delayed in the US...

I guess it also makes business sense. Galaxy and BWii 2 within the same time period, add to that other releases I haven't mentioned, it'd be overkill. Allow the other games to sell in sufficient quantities, especially efforts like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games. A few months delay of Brawl will ensure that everyone thats going to buy that game will, as it will not be overshadowed at the peak trading time with Brawl...

It's better that this game is delayed tbh. We don't want Nintendo releasing their 3 BIG games in the same 3-4 months do we? Hell no! Q1/Q2 08 with Wii Fit and Mario Kart is strong enough imo.

i kinda like the Sonic Music from the video it gives a really action feeling the feeling that i wanna play the game and kick everyones ass hahah

Perhaps a deal was struck with Sega to seal Sonic, delay to minimise impact on Olympics game and it's also in the best interests of Nintendo, to ease drought in 2008, so a delay, while it'll annoy some US gamers looking forward to Brawl for Christmas, the benefits are greater with the delay. More opportunity for greater quality in final game, more opportunity for sales of Brawl and Mario & Sonic (Segas game) and other third party efforts such as Zack & Wiki.

No Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Wario, Lucas and Zero Suit Samus (perhaps selectable skin) for Newcomers.

and no Kirby, Zelda and Ice Climbers for Veterans in that demo character select screen shown, unless there is a more up to date build at E for All...

They will pop up as you unlock them. ALso I doubt ZSS will be a stand alone character outside of events and story mode.

I think this way it makes for very interesting gameplay, Samus will be a powerhouse, but eventually she'll get faster but weaker.

Hmmmm, I'm really starting to wonder how many characters are left to be annouced.

Sonic was great news, although I wasn't really that arsed. Really going to be gutted if we don't get a few more good newcomers (come on Ridley and King Dedede).

This game is really taking shape now, I wasn't too bothered about it when I got the console but it looks like it's going to be the most complete game ever.

come on Ridley and King Dedede

They must be in. I really hope they are, especially Ridley.

I barely know any characters that are in this and been avoiding it at all costs. I just happened to see the press conference thread and went "Sonic? Nintendo news? Online Co-op?"

Then spastically went to Dojo and over excited myself.

I reckon these characters will fill the remainder of the roster:

Ganondorf, Luigi, Marth, 2nd New Pokemon Character **NEW** Generic ACrossing character **NEW** (was confirmed in an interview somewhere I think along with Zelda retaining her Sheik transformation move), Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Krystal **NEW**, Captain Olimar **NEW**, King DeDeDe **NEW** Little Mac (now he wasn't included in the survey which fingers crossed means that Sakurai already decided to put him in the game!), **NEW**, King K Rool **NEW**, Ridley **NEW** Megaman **NEW** and Mr Game & Watch.

Theres a good chance I reckon though that Ridley, King K Rool and King Dedede instead of being playable will unfortunately only solely feature as bosses in the subspace adventure mode...

The latest press released specifically stated that the bosses will be gigantic.

Good thing that Dedede and Ridley aren't particularly large bosses. I think Kraid will be the Metroid boss.

The latest press released specifically stated that the bosses will be gigantic.

Good thing that Dedede and Ridley aren't particularly large bosses. I think Kraid will be the Metroid boss.

Cool, that leaves them with a good chance of being in still... :yay:

No no no no NO! I need ZANT; he will make a great newcomer. Swords, fireballs, teleportation and his shrieks are classic and memorable. Would love to hear his battle music as well...Or maybe make it blend with other pieces as it did in his fights.

Let me delve deeper on this...Ahem:

Ursurper King Zant

Zant.jpg

Moves:

Special left/right attack: Dual sword slashes *1

Standard special: Purple 'fireballs' *2

Special Up: Teleportation

Special Down: Jump up and down to cause temporary earthquake or spin attack *3

*1: As seen in the final phase of his battle.

*2: One of his frequently used move in battle (also note he gets tired after using it).

*3: As seen when he was emulating the Goron Mine stage (with the magnet). Spin attack as seen in the final phase of his battle.

Any takers on this? Plus he would make a good 'team Ganondorf' (vs team Zelda).

Looking forward to this quite a lot after seeing the two new videos on the Dojo website.

What a surprise to finally get back onto the internet and find that Nintendo had dropped a couple of megatons on us.

The sonic news is obviously awesome. I wonder though, now that Sonic is on boards, are Tails and Knuckles not just as likely (maybe Eggman)?

And I for one am glad the game is delayed. I just see it as more time to perfect the game. Plus it will give it a better shot at GTOY (there's apprently some shooting game causing a lot of rukus this year).

And finally online co-op. Well I guess I will see you all there.

From Gonintendo

Here’s something that may make you shy away from using the Wiimote/Nunchuck setup for Brawl. According to a NeoGAF post, people that played the Smash Bros. Brawl demo at last night’s Japanese event are stating that the up button on the D-Pad acts as jump. I don’t know if that is the only button to use for jumping, but it doesn’t sound like a very comfortable fit to me.

Sonic: Special Moves

The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think that its simple yet exhilarating gameplay was its virtue.

And given that this game’s controls are also simple, I think it personifies his distinctive characteristics.

Side Special Move: Spin Dash

sonic_071011a.jpg

Yeah, you have to have this.

Hop into a supersonic Spin Dash. If you charge it up just a bit, your speed will increase.

It’s also possible to rise up while spinning.

sonic_071011b.jpg

Spin Dash, jump. A two-hit combo.

sonic_071011c.jpg

Then keep pursuing with a midair attack!

sonic_071011d.jpg

And do a Spin Dash in midair to return.

That, too?

Down Special Move: Spin Charge

By holding the Control Stick down and tapping the special-move button, you charge up your spin and do a Spin Dash. This may feel better for some, as there’s no pop.

sonic_071011e.jpg

KEEEEEEEEEE!

Up Special Move: Spring Jump

And his up special move is the Spring Jump. That spring launches you waayyy up in the air.

sonic_071011f.jpg

That’s high!

You might not use it on the ground much, but rumour has it that if you do, the spring that remains can be used by other characters.

sonic_071011g.jpg

Ah! It’s true.

--------------------------------------------------

My god, that really is Classic Sonic in fighting form. His Spin Dash seems to be the same in the Mega Drive, except Sonic has more freedom while jumping.

Also, can someone answer me about the finger wave? Nobody really responded to my previous question.:heh:

So his Side-B and Down-B are basically the same attack, charged and not charged. I like that other characters can use the spring as well if used on the ground. Only missing his Neutral B, anyone have any idea what that could be?

One of the songs revealed early on was called Ridley Fight.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music03.html

Yeah but that's because the original song is used in Ridley fights in the Metroid series. It doesn't say anything about his appearance in Brawl. Just like Ashley's Theme doesn't mean she will or won't be in Brawl.

Also, can someone answer me about the finger wave? Nobody really responded to my previous question.:heh:

I read somewhere that he doesn't do that anymore since the Genesis games.