NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Well I'm sure the random is random, those results you're all getting with it are still very possible even when it's truly random. The chance is small that you get the same character three times but it's still there.

Yeah, that's what I was saying about not being able to prove random as random, but if I remembered my stats well enough I'd actually do a test to see if there IS any bias.

On which note, Maase, there is often a problem with random number generation by computers, as they are built upon logic and randomness is not logical, computers tend to make things that appear random like, but it isn't really random, you can predict the numbers. However, it should be somewhat easy to correct by taking some 'random' factor into the algorithm(still I don't think it'd count as truly random then, but making it depend on the clock's timecode or something would easily sort it out). Basically, a computer needs some sort of random input first to give a random output. As you can see, I find it incredibly interesting! However, the random in Brawl really does annoy me cos I like to play random and feel I don't get an even run with all the characters.

Well, I've got my 700th sticker, meaning I have now:

• Got all 544 trophies
  • Got all 700 stickers
  • Unlocked all Challenges/Music/Masterpieces/Chronicles etc (without using a Golden Hammer)
  • Completed all 41 Event Matches on Very Hard
  • Completed Subspace Emissary on Intense

Phew, so that's it! Time to move on.

• Got all 544 trophies
  • Got all 700 stickers
  • Unlocked all Challenges/Music/Masterpieces/Chronicles etc (without using a Golden Hammer)

You what? Time to move on? You're so softcore! :indeed:

• Got all 544 trophies
  • Got all 700 stickers

Congrats! Been a long time coming! How do you feel?

Nice one, Patch. I've got 522 trophies, or thereabouts, and I think that's all I'll get for now, unless I can be bothered to earn some more coins (or tackle some of the harder challenges like 15-minute Brawl).

• Got all 544 trophies
  • Got all 700 stickers

Man, I don't have the will power to do that. I'll probably use cheats to get it all.

Thanks guys. It feels great to have finally achieved everything but it's mainly relief I'm feeling. It got very tedious towards the end, especially when you're at the mercy of the random issuing of new stickers and trophies.

Beating Boss Battles on Intense was the turning point. Up until then I mainly used Captain Falcon (Tiers be damned!) and it was a matter of beating the challenge criteria.

I used Marth to defeat all the bosses, relying heavily on his counter (Down+B). After that, I stayed with Marth for the trophy and sticker collectathon. There are three methods for collecting lots of stickers - Coin Launcher, Subspace Emissary and Sticker Factories. I found that the Subspace Emissary on Intense worked best for me. The last sticker took me an hour to get.

Mike, 522 trophies is great. You should keep going now that you're this close! Though with the exponentially difficult nature of getting new trophies, you might spend just as long getting the last 22 trophies as you did the first 522!

Nice one, Patch. I've got 522 trophies, or thereabouts, and I think that's all I'll get for now, unless I can be bothered to earn some more coins (or tackle some of the harder challenges like 15-minute Brawl).

I lasted 14:49 in that, no joke, you get a new outlook on life after doing that.

So, Ine got me this game for Christmas, so I thought I'd bump this rather than create a new thread.

This game is huge. There's just so much to it and I'm afraid that I'll never be able to see it all. Well Done Nintendo for shoving two fingers up to the world and showing that you really can still add content and challenge to a game.

My only criticism so far: I'm finding jumping to be a real annoyance. It seems simple in my head, but I just keep making so many mistakes with it. I'm finding I'm getting the Smash Attacks right, and I'm doing everything else...but jumping is a real motherfucker.

Aside from that....huge, huge game. So little time to play it, but this is one of the finest Wii games I've played so far.

I can't wait to play more of this.

So, Ine got me this game for Christmas, so I thought I'd bump this rather than create a new thread.

This game is huge. There's just so much to it and I'm afraid that I'll never be able to see it all. Well Done Nintendo for shoving two fingers up to the world and showing that you really can still add content and challenge to a game.

My only criticism so far: I'm finding jumping to be a real annoyance. It seems simple in my head, but I just keep making so many mistakes with it. I'm finding I'm getting the Smash Attacks right, and I'm doing everything else...but jumping is a real motherfucker.

Aside from that....huge, huge game. So little time to play it, but this is one of the finest Wii games I've played so far.

I can't wait to play more of this.

I have to say I'm happy with the Wiimote + Nunchuk controls except for the jumping in relation to using the B+Up save with it. In my head, I seem to think that it's C+Up when I want to do B+Up.

Needless to say, I use a GC controller when I want to win.

I have to say I'm happy with the Wiimote + Nunchuk controls except for the jumping in relation to using the B+Up save with it. In my head, I seem to think that it's C+Up when I want to do B+Up.

Needless to say, I use a GC controller when I want to win.

Yeah, I use the Wiimote controls. I haven't tried the GC controls for this game, but I want to use the Wiimote.

Apart from jumping, it's fine. Just need more time with it, I guess.

the gc controles are, in educated circles, the best option. photos from the office it was produced at can testify this as they had a huge box of gc controles clearly viable.

Yeah, I use the Wiimote controls. I haven't tried the GC controls for this game, but I want to use the Wiimote.

Apart from jumping, it's fine. Just need more time with it, I guess.

Since I just got my Wii, I decided to master (well..."know") the controls for it on Wii.

Feels like...cheating if I didn't!

I only started using the GC controller after I finished subspace emissary, really.

Sure, you can change the buttons around. But then, what is the best way to jump in this game? I keep looking at the B button and thinking that would make a good button for jumping, but then I see the Special attacks and think that's good for the B button.

I don't really fancy using the GC pad at all. It's a Wii game, so I'd rather use the Wii Controller. When I put this game in, I naturally go for the Wiimote, as I don't see it as something I use another controller for. Controls are awesome except the jumping, imo. But, I dunno if it's me, which I think it might be.

Being stubborn with the Wii-mote and nunchuck because it's a Wii game, really isn't worth it.

I was the same, wanting to use them, because it was a Wii game, but it really can hinder your enjoyment after a while.

I [for what ever reason] couldn't get my head around the moves assigned to the B button, because it was underneath the controller. I also was never comfortable with shield and grab and tried re-assigning moves, but nothing ever completely clicked.

The game was designed with the GC controller/Wavebird in mind right from the start, and the creator/dev team have always said it's the best option.

The Wii controls are there for those who either didn't have a GC, or are stubborn, but they really the best way to go.

i hope they started on a new smash bros :P

and this time i want More! characters again an awesome adventure mode

more trophy's ( less from Kirby ) level designs upgraded better online mode

4 or 5 third party characters i dont need much of a change i just want lots of characters in it that is what i missed in this one

I think the levels [level design] in Brawl are the least fun in the series, so I hope they truely deliver for the next installment.

Also, there's no need for third party characters in Smash Bros [outside of money making]. I didn't really enjoy their inclusion in Brawl [especially just the 2 of them, made it feel gimmicky] and would rather it remained a Nintendo experience.

or i want to see a game ( oustide of smashbros that is ) Nintendo VS Sega they can use the same engine as smashbros the eternal rivals compete against eachother