NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yeah I played a couple of online games for the first time, it was quite slow, there was about a second gap between when I'd press the buttons and when they'd register on screen. I did two battles, then realised that playing the computer was just more fun. So I went back to that. :)

I was wondering about something..does the PAL version of Brawl come with a firmware update?(I want to be able to use my freeloader in the future..) And are there any noteable differences between the PAL and NTSC versions? I'm considering getting the PAL version since Brawl is the game I play the most and I'm getting a little tired of freeloading it every time.

Nope, no update on the games yet.

I was wondering about something..does the PAL version of Brawl come with a firmware update?(I want to be able to use my freeloader in the future..) And are there any noteable differences between the PAL and NTSC versions? I'm considering getting the PAL version since Brawl is the game I play the most and I'm getting a little tired of freeloading it every time.

Unless you want to have to start from scratch with a PAL version ( the save files are incompatible! ), then stick with the US. version. It can be a pain to eject but it only takes a few seconds to load.

Unless you want to have to start from scratch with a PAL version ( the save files are incompatible! ), then stick with the US. version. It can be a pain to eject but it only takes a few seconds to load.

OMG! Someone else who used to watch reboot! Awesome! Never got to see how the whole thing ended after the town went to shit. Also, I is very good. Too good imo if you know how to play as him properly, e.g. use his neutral a attacks ALOT as that can kill people easily if they are high enough, and use his strong attacks as they come out much faster than his smash attacks. Only use the latter when you are assured a hit. Long range opponents will require good dodging. Just ask Zero :blank:

Don't let the "new save" stop you though, there's a really fast way to unlock all characters, stages and assist trophies (it doesn't affect your records either):

Set the music on the following stages so that only one song will play: Shadow Moses Island, Pokemon Stadium 2, Brinstar, Pictochat

Go to Special Brawl and select stamina mode

Set the CPU's stamina to 1

Pick either Donkey Kong or Kirby

Select an opponent that's not random

Win 5 matches on Shadow Moses Island and beat Ness

Win 5 more matches on Shadow Moses Island and beat Marth

Win 5 more matches on Shadow Moses Island and beat Snake

Win 5 matches on Pokemon Stadium 2 and then switch character to Kirby/Donkey Kong

Win 2 more matches on Pokemon Stadium 2 and beat Luigi

Win 3 more matches on Pokemon Stadium 2

Win 10 matches on Brinstar

Win 5 matches on Pictochat and switch character to Luigi

Win 3 more matches on Pictochat and switch character to Fox

Win 7 more matches on Pictochat and beat Falco

See, we've already unlocked 5 characters and 5 stages. You're using fox because all you have to do is press B and you win the match. Much faster than running off the stage.

From here on keep using Fox to laser your way to new characters. If you're not comfortable with Fox and you go up against a new character, it's ok, you will meet them again after the next match so pick whoever you're most comfortable with.

When you unlock Captain Falcon win 10 matches with him to unlock Big Blue.

The remaining stages can be unlocked by beating the events 19, 25 and 28.

The only assist trophy that isn't unlocked is Barbara, which can be obtained easily with the CD factory.

Just note that this WILL NOT unlock the additional rules.

So I here there's a tournament going on for Brawl right here in N-E. You lot should go and apply for it :heh:

Here you go

Very subtle...

Thanks for the info, Flayl and Supercube:). Still, I'm wondering about one more thing...if I get the PAL version, do you think I'll have trouble selling my NTSC one?

I got the pal version and sold the NTSC one to my friend for 35 euro on the same day. Paid 55 for the Pal one...

How many others are having fun with the camera/pause mode in the game? I have been taking tons of shots with it, you can really get some special stuff if you pause just right. I'm even making a gallery on my site of all my screen shots.

I hate pausing, it just stops the flow for everybody playing, its really annoying when my friend's brother keeps pausing every 10 seconds. Unless ur planning a picture I find it anoying.

But being able to take pictures is really cool, at the right time.

How many others are having fun with the camera/pause mode in the game? I have been taking tons of shots with it, you can really get some special stuff if you pause just right. I'm even making a gallery on my site of all my screen shots.

what is the link to your site?

Can anyone tell me how to unlock hammers in the reward place? I've somehow got two and was just curious as to to how to unlock more.

Also, how the hell do ya pull of the smash moves, and is breaking that little symbol thing that floats around the only way to access them?

Can anyone tell me how to unlock hammers in the reward place? I've somehow got two and was just curious as to to how to unlock more.

Also, how the hell do ya pull of the smash moves, and is breaking that little symbol thing that floats around the only way to access them?

I got three hammers pretty quickly by starting off in the Subspace Adv. mode but you may have to attempt other solo modes at least once.

Press B to use a smash move when you think it will be most effective...use training mode if you like to get used to the different ones.

Yes, it's the only way to use one, unless you get it back from someone who just beat you to it by hitting them sufficiently!

Just a side thought...don't be too hasty in using your hammers until you have unlocked the vast majority of challenges to the point of seeing what you need to do, as you may find there are harder ones than you have already broken! The insane mode ones will be particularly difficult!

I dunno what happened, but I was fighting someone and they appeared back from dying with the glow of a smash attack. I dunno if it was cuz I was winning by a few lives so it wanted to even it out or the ball appeared just as he did so somehow it broke instantly. Can anyone explain it?

That's a pity final smash, if the opponent is losing badly enough he gets a free final smash.

I was on my CD factory stage earlier, when I got 8 CDs in five minutes, only to be awarded four new songs after the match ended. Although I was initially confused, I realised it was because I'd finally got all the tracks you can get from CD drops - the only three songs I've got left now are the ones you get from 15 brawls on Shadow Moses Island (easy), 5000 coins in coin matches (shouldn't beoo hard) and 50 hours of brawls (maybe I'll get it one day...).

what is the link to your site?

As Retro_link said, I now have it in my sig. there's even a direct link to the gallery.

I can't believe how much there is to the game, I haven't even touched the homerun contest or target test.

I dont know how known this is but EASY WAY TO UNLOCK SONIC is to do Classic Mode with Snake.

I did it last night....and embarassingly lost to Sonic.

Anyway Ive also played my first online matches, many against randoms and some last night against my friend, and I was very happy because there was no lag whatsoever. Brilliant!

However my skill just isnt up to scratch yet, and despite the changes made to Ganondorf being minimal, he is NO WAY near as good at recovering, which what made me a beat with him before, so alas after years of him being my main...I am probably going to now use....Lucas. Because he is an absolute fucking beast. And Sonic beater.

You mean do classic mode with 10 characters.

I did it with Snake (who was about my 6th) and it unlocked him (well the battle with him...which I phailed.)

I keep picking up these little bits that looks like a bit of paper or something in matches, but I've absolutely no idea what they do, they don't increase my health or give me a free continue as I initally though, can anyone help?

Also, what's the best way to get 400 combined combo in Training? Any tips?

I keep picking up these little bits that looks like a bit of paper or something in matches, but I've absolutely no idea what they do, they don't increase my health or give me a free continue as I initally though, can anyone help?

Those are stickers, if you go into your Vault on the main menu you can view them along with trophies. :)