NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yeah Toon Link I love, Link is a bit heavy in this game but Toon plays as a really light smooth bouncy version of him, it's really fun and quite easy, the flaws with Link are basically gone with him. Power might not be there, but his down A attack is really handy and usefull for any occasion, and it's an attack that Link just doesn't really have.

I like him, I've used him quite a lot.

Oh and I never liked Falcon, not here or Melee.

Why on Earth have they chosen to spell all the Pokémon's names with capitals all the way through? I know they do it in the handheld games, but there they spell all names in capitals. It doesn't make it right. Pikachu is Pikachu, not PIKACHU.

(I know, I'm weird, but I hate grammatical errors.)

Why on Earth have they chosen to spell all the Pokémon's names with capitals all the way through? I know they do it in the handheld games, but there they spell all names in capitals. It doesn't make it right. Pikachu is Pikachu, not PIKACHU.

(I know, I'm weird, but I hate grammatical errors.)

Because they want it to appear like the name is being SHOUTED, like a Pokemon trainer was calling it:heh:

Marth's sword was shortened a lot which made him worse but he's still great!

i like ike and link alot, lucario is anouther goodie for me. meta knight just needs a decent knock out move. im ok with samus, especialy in zero suit. i can use snake fairly well, though hes pretty crazy at times. no idea why olimar got so much shit, i found him awsome. pokemon trainer is a great one, the switch of tactics is always fun.

my trump card is R.O.B. hes simply great, heavy enough not to be knocked around, good range and his air game is great.

sonic is god awful mind.

Oh yeah. Forgot about Jigglypuff, never unlocked it when I had the game - how do you? So is there no Sheik players at all? Can't really comprehend that notion, Sheik is just too cool. His speed makes matches so fun and 'risque'.

Oh yeah. Forgot about Jigglypuff, never unlocked it when I had the game - how do you? So is there no Sheik players at all? Can't really comprehend that notion, Sheik is just too cool. His speed makes matches so fun and 'risque'.

i found her too weak, like her but just cant win with her.

I used to be shiek a lot in melee but now it just seems different, i dunno what but I don't like her anymore. Especially online since she's too fast to control with any amount of lag whatsoever...

This has probably been discussed LOADS before, but as I only recently got the game, anyone find Brawl far less balanced than Melee?

In Melee I felt I stood a good chance with alot of characters, where as in Brawl it seems much more like there are a few characters that OWN everyone, and then everyone else who stands no chance!

Maybe it's because i'm not that confident with the Wiimote-nunchuck controls yet.

I don't suppose anyone could do me a huge favour and tell me how to unlock the secret characters, without actualy telling me who they are? I really want to obtain them, but like the surprise at the same time if that isn't a stupid contradiction...

This has probably been discussed LOADS before, but as I only recently got the game, anyone find Brawl far less balanced than Melee?

In Melee I felt I stood a good chance with alot of characters, where as in Brawl it seems much more like there are a few characters that OWN everyone, and then everyone else who stands no chance!

Maybe it's because i'm not that confident with the Wiimote-nunchuck controls yet.

I think it's a lot more balanced now and all the characters have some good points. Except for DK's special, that's a piece of crap!

I don't suppose anyone could do me a huge favour and tell me how to unlock the secret characters, without actualy telling me who they are? I really want to obtain them, but like the surprise at the same time if that isn't a stupid contradiction...

Do the subspace emissionary and finish it and you'll unlock all characters except like 3. After that do classic mode with link, boss battles with fox/falco. You should get most if not all.

I think it's less balanced than Melee, mainly because of some characters being much better (more of a difference than in Melee IMO) than others with Meta Knight and Snake at the top. A lot of characters, like Captain Falcon for instance (but he has a hard time against basically everyone :heh:), can have an extremely hard time beating these two in the hands of good players, they're just too good.

I used to be shiek a lot in melee but now it just seems different, i dunno what but I don't like her anymore. Especially online since she's too fast to control with any amount of lag whatsoever...

With lag his perfect, because he is so fast that even in slow motion, his motions are quicker than the average. Winning with Sheik is all about patience (needles) and tricks (edge guarding).

The game is basically a game of Rock and paper (no scissors); some characters will always be able to win matches (Marth, Snake, Pit, Falco) and other characters are just plain shit (Falcon, Ganon, Jiggs, Samus). The reason is mainly down to the fact that the best characters in Melee (Fox, Falco, Marth) could be easily combo'd by the weaker characters in the game and so weak characters stood more of a chance, but the lack of hitstun in this game means that stronger characters will also be controlling the fight.

Oh well, I still love Ganon :) And Ike for that matter, despite the fact that they will never actually be considered that good.

I still think Captain Falcon has it better than Pichu or Mewtwo. Brawl's Bowser has more of a chance than Melee's Bowser, or at least that's how it feels like.

I still think Captain Falcon has it better than Pichu or Mewtwo. Brawl's Bowser has more of a chance than Melee's Bowser, or at least that's how it feels like.

yeah i reckon Bowser has gone up in this game.

I used to be a pro with Samus in melee but they've made her much heavier to make Zero suit Samus much lighter, my new main character is Young Link, mainly because he's much easier to control and up and down sword attacks are sweet.

I really don't see the deal with Ike. His attacks are just too slow. Maybe it's just not my style of play. I love my fast characters (I use Falco, although the spike down is not as good, he's still great).

Marth is pretty good though, only negative thing is a lack of range.

After unlocking Ganondorf, I feel hes not as good as in Melee (I owned with him) but maybe I need some more practice. Havnt got all the characters yet anyway, so when I do Ill decide who to get good with.

It is good I like it and, I like to be Pikachu in the game.
I used to love Pikachu in Melee, I'd play as him more in Brawl, but up against the strength of Ike and some of the other all conquering characters he doesn't hoold out very well which is a shame!

Also his final smash sucks! It could of been so much better........RAIIIIICHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

I was wondering about something..does the PAL version of Brawl come with a firmware update?(I want to be able to use my freeloader in the future..) And are there any noteable differences between the PAL and NTSC versions? I'm considering getting the PAL version since Brawl is the game I play the most and I'm getting a little tired of freeloading it every time.

Just played my fist online game, won obviously however the whole thing was like a slide show. Disappointing.