NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Wha? Falcon is considered low tier? :0 With the way you play him I wouldn't have thought so. In any case, Sheik must be the lowest of the lows.

Samus is worse.

Wha? Falcon is considered low tier? :0 With the way you play him I wouldn't have thought so. In any case, Sheik must be the lowest of the lows.

Yeah together with Ganondorf and Yoshi he's one of the lowest. Samus and Jigglypuff are down there as well. Most of the characters have an advantage over him which can make some matchups pretty tough for me.

Sorry, i meant to say ZR my bad!

Your falcon ent too bad actually, but don't use falcon kick (at all). Nice use of up airs too :) Maybe try and approach with a short hopped neutral aerial (the two kicks) instead, because not only can they combo well, if your opponent blocks it you can just grab em :)

Yeah I used Falcon Kick a bit too often in that match it definitely wasn't one of my best but I loved the triple Knee kill so that's why I saved that one. I was being a bit stupid a few times there. :p Falcon Kick is pretty useful this time on though, so I use it a bit more often than in Melee, Raptor Boost I'm trying to use less as that almost never hits anymore. That's the ground version though the aerial Raptor Boost is pretty useful at times.

I find a short-hopped neutral air a bit hard to use as it's hard to hit with in Brawl, especially on short characters. Could be me though, maybe I should practice it a bit more. :)

Same here. I'm up for some training for the big tourney on Saturday :D

Thirded, I'll be online tonight as well for some fights so feel free to add me. Let me know if you do of course.

Question:

What parts of my US saves (if any) can i use on EU Brawl?

Question:

What parts of my US saves (if any) can i use on EU Brawl?

I think you can only transfer replays, snapshots and stages.

with brawl now released everywhere around the world wich character is your nr1 favorite and from wich character would you like to see a new game?

I booked the day off work today......and im stilll awaiting for the postman:indeed: hope its there :heh:

After a day of playing brawl, I can say it KICKS SO MUCH ARSE. I was wowed with what was crammed on that disc, man there's so much to do........so much.

Hmm just tried to play online with my US copy so I could play against people who just got it but... it only gets as far as the practice screen? must be too busy I guess, either way it sucks that it won't let me play. :/

Yeah together with Ganondorf and Yoshi he's one of the lowest. Samus and Jigglypuff are down there as well. Most of the characters have an advantage over him which can make some matchups pretty tough for me.

Yeah I used Falcon Kick a bit too often in that match it definitely wasn't one of my best but I loved the triple Knee kill so that's why I saved that one. I was being a bit stupid a few times there. :p Falcon Kick is pretty useful this time on though, so I use it a bit more often than in Melee, Raptor Boost I'm trying to use less as that almost never hits anymore. That's the ground version though the aerial Raptor Boost is pretty useful at times.

I find a short-hopped neutral air a bit hard to use as it's hard to hit with in Brawl, especially on short characters. Could be me though, maybe I should practice it a bit more. :)

Thirded, I'll be online tonight as well for some fights so feel free to add me. Let me know if you do of course.

Grr... it's so annoying! Captain Falcon, Ganon, Samus and Jiggs were some of my best characters and now they're all lame!

Some pretty nice knees back there by the way, although your opponent was kinda asking for it every time.

Who here is getting the EU version even though they have the US one.

I know I am. Only because my dvd recorder doesnt work in 60hz though :heh:

Having to sell my US. one and just confirmed today that all my save data is useless! Played it solid for a good 5 weeks but will gladly do the same again. Jigglypuff is definitely a useful character in the right areas. Particularly the final confrontation in the S-E.

Me too, me and my mates are planning it as a second release date. We're all going later today to get it.

I'm getting it later on, mainly because I have my Wii downstairs now, due to Black&White image on the TV upstairs, and it can't stay there forever. I'm in no hurry at the moment though.

Two things, first congrats to N-Europe staff for the awesome banner. Second, does my friend code stays the same with a new Pal version?

who do people play as? I havnt played a smash bros since the n64 and I cant remmeber it really. I have been messing around as kirby. got it on wednesday and played a few online games with no problems. Ill have to read up on a lot of stuff cause im pretty much just button bashing

I will be (once i'm paid...) picking up Smash Bros. and selling off my US copy.

Sucks a little that i can't use my save file.

I don't think Ganon is THAT bad tbh, i reckon as the metagame progresses he'll be mid-tier.

Falcon..is uber shite; he was good in melee because all his moves could combo into each other but in Brawl the lack of hitstun means that he's far harder to even get KOs with. His forward-Air air is also ALOT harder to hit with. poor falcon :(

Samus's projectiles are also really weak..i don't get it :(

I think Marth is partially broken, I just can play the same as I could in melee. I normally use the air dodge as a sort of third jump because it was faster than using the recovery move, but now it doesn't quite work how I'd like it. I've found a way around it but still don't think its worth using anymore. Also the NOS has been taken out of everyone's step and instead of moving like F1 racers, they all move like disability mobility scooters.

Kudos to whoever made the video review for Brawl. It soothed me like warm milk.

I still don't have the game yet, I went out for tennis and didn't go to town in time, which means I won't have any practice before the competition tommorow. Any advice for things I can do to get ready without the game?

Kudos to whoever made the video review for Brawl. It soothed me like warm milk.

I still don't have the game yet, I went out for tennis and didn't go to town in time, which means I won't have any practice before the competition tommorow. Any advice for things I can do to get ready without the game?

Don't expect it to play like melee. If you tell us who you are playing as we can give you tips.

First impressions of an hour of brawl

pit's not as good as i thought he would be, seems to like to rack up damage rather than killing

Metaknights really good

Pokemon trainer is amazingly good

dedede is too slow =[

Don't expect it to play like melee. If you tell us who you are playing as we can give you tips.

I'm going for a bit of Marioage.

N-Europe's Super Smash Bros. Brawl UK Video Review

An all-star cast of characters from over 20 years of Nintendo history clash in a cataclysmic battle for victory in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. N-Europe joins the fray to review the long-awaited fighter - was it worth the wait?

Narration and review by Iun Hockley

Video Edited by Justin Marimon (GCTonyHawk7)

Video contains no major spoilers. Click here to download the video in low, medium and high qualities.