NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Well all I can say is I'm glad I just picked up a PS3 cos after Mario Kart there is going to be sweet fuck all to play on the Wii until Smash Bros....

Well all I can say is I'm glad I just picked up a PS3 cos after Mario Kart there is going to be sweet fuck all to play on the Wii until Smash Bros....

There's been sweet fuck to play since Galaxy - to my tastes anyway.

Hang on....

So the main reason is because they want to get plenty of Wiis ready for the game's release?

nintendo brought it upon themselves now im going to MOD my wii and download brawl i give them one more week to give an release date and i want it in april then i will wait

I really don't see how it can take this long, Sony and Microsoft all seem to have much faster translation times for their games and usually release their games close enough to each other worldwide datewise, yet Nintendo always screw Europe over like this!

Considering how much Nintendo harp on about how much money they're making, you'd think they could invest a bit more into their production and translation facilities and stop screwing us constantly.

Hang on....

So the main reason is because they want to get plenty of Wiis ready for the game's release?

That reason has been used way too much in my opinion, seriously this is 'NINTENDO' we're talking about, i'm pretty sure they could have made more Wii's at a faster rate considering the superb situation they are now in (money wise etc..)

This can't be about translation time anymore. They could release the European version in March if they wanted. It's purely sales strategy, according to Reggie to even out the big releases and to make sure there's enough discs, as the game's been ripped from the stores. It still doesn't change the fact they're screwing Europe. They very well know that Smash Bros. is far more popular than Mario Kart and Wii Fit. But people will be buying these games anyway, and we'll buy Brawl when it arrives. It's a win-win situation for Nintendo.

I really don't think we'll be waiting for the autumn. All signs are still pointing to 6/6 from where I'm standing.

Also, I don't know what it is, but I refuse to believe it's sales strategy. You could release Smash Bros at the same time as every major title in the Nintendo cannon, in the midst of a nuclear winter as fire and ash rained from the skies while lightening bolts struck down marauding dragons, it'd still shift a million easy.

nintendo brought it upon themselves now im going to MOD my wii and download brawl i give them one more week to give an release date and i want it in april then i will wait

I have had those exact thoughts, you know. Hm.

I think Nintendo are using the Iron Sheik's philosophy on us Europeans: "...and I'll $%@& him in the ass...Make him humble".

It would not surprise me if Nintendo were holding off for the Pay n Play with Brawl. Just so they can get it right up there to the hilt. Ouch.

I really don't think we'll be waiting for the autumn. All signs are still pointing to 6/6 from where I'm standing.

Also, I don't know what it is, but I refuse to believe it's sales strategy. You could release Smash Bros at the same time as every major title in the Nintendo cannon, in the midst of a nuclear winter as fire and ash rained from the skies while lightening bolts struck down marauding dragons, it'd still shift a million easy.

Yes but the problem is then the other games wouldnt!

I believe it is a sales strategy. You only have so much of X supply of hardware for each region and it seems Nintendo, at its max, can produce somewhere between 2M - 3M units. Fairly close to 2M is going to launch with Wii Fit and Brawl to ensure max sales. So that part makes sense.

Disk production also makes sense, it takes serious amount of time to produce Brawl disks along with other games from their own stocks and other publishers as well. It is all about supply and demand.

It sucks Europe got fucked on this one, but on the plus side, Nintendo at least tried to compesate you guys with Mario Kart Wii. It could be worse, they could do jackshit like they have been doing for decades now.

You're right, that is why Reggie's points and Nintendo's credibility are slamming to the ground like Bowser after hit by Mario's Meteor Smash.

I believe it is a sales strategy. You only have so much of X supply of hardware for each region and it seems Nintendo, at its max, can produce somewhere between 2M - 3M units. Fairly close to 2M is going to launch with Wii Fit and Brawl to ensure max sales. So that part makes sense.

Disk production also makes sense, it takes serious amount of time to produce Brawl disks along with other games from their own stocks and other publishers as well. It is all about supply and demand.

It sucks Europe got fucked on this one, but on the plus side, Nintendo at least tried to compesate you guys with Mario Kart Wii. It could be worse, they could do jackshit like they have been doing for decades now.

Hm, that also make sense.

You know what, I don't really know what to believe. I just can't help feeling that even though they're treating us a little better that they have in the past, it's still not enough. Dang it, if you're gonna do something, do it properly!

This is freaking terrible. I can play the NTSC version due to some illegal stuff in my Wii (so I'll be playing it in two weeks...), but Nintendo is really screwing over Europe here.

Of course it's sales strategy. The European version probably couldn't come out before May due to the priority of the US and Japanese versions, and they wouldn't release this game in summer due to general worse sales. Hence fall. Thanks for the worst case scenario, Nintendo. Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit just don't compensate enough.

If this is true, it pretty much shows that Nintendo don't really have much in development for the wii and that they are contempt with making this game one of the big late 08 games which tbh shows that they don't have much going on first party wise.

Screw Mario kart; seriously is anyone on here even buying that?

Reading about it makes me wonder how many n-europers acutally mod their consoles. Poll anyone?

Tbh I want Mario Kart more then I want Super Smash Brothers. If they can make a Mario Kart game close to the experience of MarioKart64 and update it + add a cracking online mode, then it will be a classic.

If this is true, it pretty much shows that Nintendo don't really have much in development for the wii and that they are contempt with making this game one of the big late 08 games which tbh shows that they don't have much going on first party wise.

I am, its not a case of one or the other...its both :p

I for one will defo be getting mario kart but that is not the point like many others have stated! I have waited for brawl for so long now and them teasing us with releasing all the info they have done, for it to now be out in Japan and soon US and we still dont have a release date and now an 'unoffical annoucement' says Q3!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my Ngamer is the post the other day and after reading there review on the japan import it just makes me wanna cry coz i want to play it so much! :cry:

Me and my mates need this game! The hours we spent playing melee on multiplayer was so good!

I'm thinking the same thing. I might buy it if it's really good, but lately racing games just don't do it for me anymore. Mario Kart means nothing compared to Smash Bros for me, Wii Fit even less. I'm sticking with my "rocks and gold nugget" comparison. Mario Kart is for me a flat rock than can be used to play ducks and drakes with which can be fun at times. Wii Fit is a big rock than can't be used for anything fun.

I am also getting Mario Kart for Wii, but not on release date. I would rather have Brawl to be honest.

So was the 6th June one just fake, or just confirmed for France?:confused: Really we will find out the true date through the DoJo as that's how the previous delays/release dates have been announced.

I do not really think that stocking Wiis for the release is a good enough reason to delay the game. This is because Brawl will appeal more to the core Nintendo fan rather than the new gemer. Whereas Wii Fit is generally more of the opposite. What this means is that even if there are shortages of Wiis still when Brawl is released, the game will still sell amazing because plenty of Wiis will have been in consumer's hands anyway - both core Nintendo fans and new gamers.