NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

That music is gay, no offense, but it really is

I don't really appreciate (or even fully understand) this sort of statement.

gay

–adjective

1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.

2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.

3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

5. homosexual.

6. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.

--- from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gay (Only quoting adjective definitions, because that's how you're using it.)

If you mean meanings 1-3, then yes, certainly; that's the whole point. If you mean, as I expect, meanings 5/6, then it has nothing to do with that.

I am fully aware that everyone has different opinions, based on their experiences. For me the music envokes lots of happy childhood memories of having a great deal of fun. Clearly it doesn't for you, perhaps you never played the game, but I'm bewildered as to why you'd describe it as homosexual.

For example, I've never played a Kirby game. When I look at it I just see a ludicrous pink blob with a too-happy face. However, I wouldn't describe it as "gay", because I know other people with different experiences have really enjoyed it. Indeed, you appear to have gone so far as to base your username on it. That's fine, of course; it has as little to do with homosexuality as the Sonic music.

I don't really appreciate (or even fully understand) this sort of statement.

--- from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gay (Only quoting adjective definitions, because that's how you're using it.)

If you mean meanings 1-3, then yes, certainly; that's the whole point. If you mean, as I expect, meanings 5/6, then it has nothing to do with that.

I am fully aware that everyone has different opinions, based on their experiences. For me the music envokes lots of happy childhood memories of having a great deal of fun. Clearly it doesn't for you, perhaps you never played the game, but I'm bewildered as to why you'd describe it as homosexual.

For example, I've never played a Kirby game. When I look at it I just see a ludicrous pink blob with a too-happy face. However, I wouldn't describe it as "gay", because I know other people with different experiences have really enjoyed it. Indeed, you appear to have gone so far as to base your username on it. That's fine, of course; it has as little to do with homosexuality as the Sonic music.

Killer Kirby just got owned. Dictionary Definitions FTW!

There really needs to be a Pikachu appreciation thread. Even though I prefer to play as Link, I love Pikachu. PikachooouwwWWW!! (final smash)

That music is gay, no offense, but it really is

Can I do it? Please?

I'll do it.

NO, YOU'RE GAY!

Aaah, that feels good.

There really needs to be a Pikachu appreciation thread. Even though I prefer to play as Link, I love Pikachu. PikachooouwwWWW!! (final smash)

His new taunts are so cute :heart:

Yes! You are absolutely right! I have a Pikachu plushie that I've owned for over nearly 8 years, and in reference to the "what would you save in a fire" thread, I would be very sad if I lost it. His new taunts are indeed cute ('specially his breakdancing "pikaaa" taunt), and I see you also noticed his bad-ass Final Smash battle cry.

Though I'm a long time Marth user, I have been tempted to start playing as Pikachu. Dang it, I want to play as ALL the new characters!

Yes! You are absolutely right! I have a Pikachu plushie that I've owned for over nearly 8 years, and in reference to the "what would you save in a fire" thread, I would be very sad if I lost it. His new taunts are indeed cute ('specially his breakdancing "pikaaa" taunt), and I see you also noticed his bad-ass Final Smash battle cry.

Yes I would notice that, I have the game. XD

I wonder how many more times I can say that without having my head smashed in. Unfortunately Pika's FS isn't that great, but I love the cry he makes. It's like in episode 1 of Pokemon when Pikachu jumps up and does some ultra thunder/bolt and yells PIKACHUUUUUU!!! One of the best episodes of anime ever, even if the rest of the anime was shit. :p

Though I'm a long time Marth user, I have been tempted to start playing as Pikachu. Dang it, I want to play as ALL the new characters!

Pikachu's get back up B move must be one of the best ever, edgehangers never seem to be able to get rid of me! Shame Pika is weak as fook though.

New update is pretty poor, but now at least yoshi's egg throw is decent, before it broke too early , before it hit the ground. That was a pointless move.

New update is pretty poor, but now at least yoshi's egg throw is decent, before it broke too early , before it hit the ground. That was a pointless move.

There were two updates and I thought that the second was pretty cool.

Some of the hidden stage creation objects were brilliant. Espcially the ferris wheel thing.

I have been thinking about the European release date. I reckon one of the reasons they have not announced it could be because it will be so far into the future that if they announced it it might cause more people than usual to import.

I am thinking September/October/November time.

Edit: Changed to not be so UK centric - sorry.

I have been thinking about the UK release date. I reckon one of the reasons they have not announced it could be because it will be so far into the future that if they announced it it might cause more people than usual to import.

I am thinking September/October/November time.

God. No. I'll seriously have to smash someone's head in if that's the case.

God. No. I'll seriously have to smash someone's head in if that's the case.

Haha. Frankly I might do the same, or just import. Must have the game.......

Personally I think HAL should have added a rodent exterminator character in Brawl, because I HATE both Pikachu and Pichu. All the players who play those characters ever do is to summon that friggin lightningbolt...

Personally I think HAL should have added a rodent exterminator character in Brawl, because I HATE both Pikachu and Pichu. All the players who play those characters ever do is to summon that friggin lightningbolt...

Yeah, like everybody who plays with the Hammer Bros. in Strikers Charged spam the hammer move. [/sARCASM] Seriously, people who spam moves do so because they can't figure out what else to do. You have obviously only played against people who weren't good with Pikachu/Pichu and just spammed that one single move. You shouldn't hate the characters, but the people who play them badly.

Yeah, like everybody who plays with the Hammer Bros. in Strikers Charged spam the hammer move. [/sARCASM] Seriously, people who spam moves do so because they can't figure out what else to do. You have obviously only played against people who weren't good with Pikachu/Pichu and just spammed that one single move. You shouldn't hate the characters, but the people who play them badly.

It IS the character I hate. From the people who play him, and win, to the taunts and the sounds it makes to the way it looks.

Pikachu DOESENT sound PIKAPIKA! It' supposed to sound like in the Gameboy games.

Yeah...so whats your point?

Hellfire fact:

Hellfire doesn't make points.

It IS the character I hate. From the people who play him, and win, to the taunts and the sounds it makes to the way it looks.

Pikachu DOESENT sound PIKAPIKA! It' supposed to sound like in the Gameboy games.

You have a problem with cuteness? :p

Nah, that's fair. :) I guess we won't be seeing you in our Pikachu appreciation thread, then.

Can I ask you guys all a favour...tell me what you think of this

http://www.serebii.net/ssbb/characters/wolf.shtml

I'm going to add Alt Costume and possibly taunt stuff in but what do you think

Sorry mods if its advertising but still, its Brawl...its got new pics and people like that haha

It looks good Joe, but why are you adding Brawl Stuff to the site? I can understand it's got a huge following, but I think it kind just the Pokemon Stuff would be revelant, and the rest can be saved for other sites like GAMEFAQ or Brawl/Dojo like fansites-there are sure plenty.

Are you adding stuff for the sake of it?