NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

No its not

thumb_1201607069756.jpg

Positioned differently, clouds are different and so forth

We don't know the full extent of either's movesets...people are just guessing...its what does my head in

Aye, I dont understand where people are seeing this footage of Ganny. Besides I want him to have the same moveset as Melee.

Also "Lazy Sakurai" has got to be the most ridiculous and inaccurate statement.

None of Ganondorf's specials are shown and I can only see the bombs for Toon Link being used

True, but his A moves look the same but, Zelda_Rulez, all of Link's specials are seen.

True, but his A moves look the same but, Zelda_Rulez, all of Link's specials are seen.

Ganondorf's A Tilt moves, well neutral and forward, look the same. Didn't get to see his smashes or specials.

So an Assist Trophy of a Nintendo-owned character = an extra 3rd party character???

I'm talking more about effort. An AT already has it's special move/animation/speed set. These are the foundations to creating a new character. Ok, I don't wanna kill the mood but it would have been nice if Tails and Ninja were playable just atleast to form a Team Metal Gear/Team Sonic. That is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeeIYr5wW78

A Toon Link V Gannonforf video.

Still, I'm liking the speed of Toon Link.

Wow. Link's down A is FAST!

Anyone that was expecting any other characters other than possibly the Big Extra 5 that scored highly in Sakurais poll (i.e. Geno, Kyrstal, Animal Crossing Villager, Megaman and King K Rool, I excluded Ridley here as a result of being an SSE boss) were kidding themselves...

I really can't understand how you can say this. People need to stop being whiny bitches.

I can be a whiny bitch if I want to, just as I thought, this game has been TO overhyped

Anyone that was expecting any other characters other than possibly the Big Extra 5 that scored highly in Sakurais poll (i.e. Geno, Kyrstal, Animal Crossing Villager, Megaman and King K Rool, I excluded Ridley here as a result of being an SSE boss) were kidding themselves...

A few days ago I expected Animal Crosser, Krystal and Ridley.

A few days ago I expected Animal Crosser, Krystal and Ridley.

Nearly the same. Just change Ridley for K.Rool (I sensed Ridley would be a boss). One of the three would have been fine. And I also expected decloned veterans.

Few expectations but seems too much.

I still live in hope of King K Rool. Even when the games released. Super secret hidden character when you unlock everything, and do every task. Thats my theory.

Is it just me or is 'Toon Link' not actually cel-shaded at all? He's covered in the same cheap looking dirt-patch shading as many of the other charcters, which is wierd because his stage looks like it's properly done.. hmmm. Maybe it's because if they didn't grubby him up a bit TP Link would look incredibley lame and generic by comparison:heh:

Well. The reason is probably due to the engines rendering methods.

Firstly, Wind Waker is a cel shaded based engine (duh) it double passes all the graphics to create that cel effect. Its an extremely complicated process! Which isn't needed for normal games.

Due to this, they couldn't put an exact cel shaded character in the game. It does make alot of sense if you think about it. Sticking in another rendering engine would not only be stupid, a huge file size... but technically impossible.

slide203.jpg

I'd love it if they put Dragon King/ Smash brothers prototype thing as a secret to unlock.

I'd laugh my ass off if they did :D

That'd be so pointless/funny/buggy to play.

I know what you're saying, but it didn't need to be proper cel-shading (ie affecting the way way different parts overlap/dimenionality etc), they could just have gone with the plainer-coloured look which works fine for Kirby, Pikachu etc. What I mean is that I don't see the point of trying to tone down the 'toon' with additional little splodges here and there.

But anyway, that's just me being nit-picky cos I love Cel-Link. I'm just glad he's in! Overall I think the roster is great, though I don't really see the point of Marth now (one anonymous blue haired FE character would be plenty for me) and Falco - why? Since I've been playing the first 2 Megamans recently on VC I've been reminded how great he is and perfect for Smash, but never mind.

Probably the most amazing revelations for me are Lucario (wow) and TP Ganondorf!

Yeah just saw footage of him playing....not exaclty 100% happy.

Lazy Sakurai....lazy

yes because you can do a much better job. Tool.

Since I've been playing the first 2 Megamans recently on VC I've been reminded how great he is and perfect for Smash, but never mind.

Probably the most amazing revelations for me are Lucario (wow) and TP Ganondorf!

Yeah but... he'd have a HUGE range advantage. Lets be honest.

yes because you can do a much better job. Tool.

Funny how a game thats not even officially released can cause so many arguments. And then all the complainers are still going to buy the game along with the rest of us. :indeed:

EDIT: Also I wanted to see ganon with a sword too but he already has so much power WITHOUT one so imagine how broken he could become with one with increased damage as well as adding to his decent range. Would make sense to depower for the sake of the game but that would cause complaints again.