NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

It would be also cool now and then if the trainer randomly throws a pokeball at the characters fighting ^_^

lol.

So just to get it clear, you actually control the Pokémon he releases?

Still, a nice feature.

Great update! :) Imagine getting to use 3 Pokemon from your DS instead tho.

Cannot wait to control Charizard and Squirtle! Always hated Ivysaur, so don't really care about him. Doubt they will evolve, de-evolve during gameplay no?

I'd like to speak out as one of the people who isn't bothered by Pokémon. This is a bit meh for me - the game is becoming more like Super Pokémon Bros Brawl every day! I don't mind having them in there, but they seem to have more emphasis than everything else, now you have:

• Pokémon Trainer
  • Pokémon characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff etc)
  • Pokéball powerups
  • Pokémon stage

Too much! :nono: What do other non-Pokémon lovers think?

Well the only thing that Pokemon has in there that's more than other characters is the Trainer/characters. Each character has a stage and each character has (sometimes several) items. I know what you're saying, but I have no doubt that in the final game, the influx of Pokemon that you're seeing at the moment won't stand out that much.

I think this is one of the best updates yet. I mean, this was completely unexpected (on my part, anyway). But it looks very cool.

And Excelle, aren't you overreacting just a bit? I mean sure, there are some Pokémon stuff in this game, but I really don't think it's becoming "Super Pokémon Bros. Brawl". If you don't like Pokémon, I can see why this update isn't a "yay!" for you, but don't make it worse than it is.

I think the standing in the background thing doean't happen in teh game. I can see this being the return of the entrances from the original smash bros.

Surely the tranformation is like the zelda/sheik except with 3 and you might see pokemon flying across the screen.

Does this also mean the end of pokeballs? Has the trophyt assistents replaced completely?

some people just never get satisfied

the more characters they anounce the better but there is not one fighting game where i loved more then 4 / 5 characters as my favorite's and right now in smashbros i liked every character that is anounced in brawl except for peach don't really like her

I'd like to speak out as one of the people who isn't bothered by Pokémon. This is a bit meh for me - the game is becoming more like Super Pokémon Bros Brawl every day! I don't mind having them in there, but they seem to have more emphasis than everything else, now you have:

• Pokémon Trainer
  • Pokéball powerups
  • Pokémon stage

Do you even know jigglypuff is in it? If I missed this update im sorry but it seems completely unlikely.

Also maybe the pokeballs are gone. In fact i seriously think they are. Once you take out these you pretty much have less than what melee had pokemon. It makes sense seeing as pokemon isn't the force it was back then.

More metroid and F-zero please:)

Do you think daisy will be annouced or would she be more or less the same as peach?

Also im calling this character ASH ha

I wonder, if you have more than one person playing as the trainer, will the Pokemons damage be multiplied by weaknesses? Eg, Charizard would do 10% damage with a fire punch to Mario, 5% to Squirtle, and 20% to Ivysaur?

Nice update. Would be interesting to see what their recoveries are like; i'm assuming that the squirtle will recover like bowser; ivysaur will probably have vine whip to grapple onto the stage (like Link and Samus) and charizard will fly :D

• Pokémon Trainer
  • Pokéball powerups
  • Pokémon stage

Oh no, its more like Super Mario Bros Brawl really

Its got Mario

Mario Characters (Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Luigi etc)

Mario Items

Mario-related Assist Trophies

Mario stages

Its so bad. How dare they play up one of their most popular franchises on this game which is intended to bring the franchises together

APOX ON THEM. CURSE THEM. BLAST THEIR HIDES TO HADES

APOX ON THEM. CURSE THEM. BLAST THEIR HIDES TO HADES

Im shocked that you agree with him :)

I kind of see what Excelle is getting at though. Pokemon already have a strong showing in the game so I dont understand why they put the Trainer in. Dont get me wrong I think its a pretty cool idea I just think that Nintendo has such a rich back catalogue of characters why not use them rather than another Pokemon themed addition.

Do you even know jigglypuff is in it? If I missed this update im sorry but it seems completely unlikely.

Also maybe the pokeballs are gone. In fact i seriously think they are. Once you take out these you pretty much have less than what melee had pokemon. It makes sense seeing as pokemon isn't the force it was back then.

More metroid and F-zero please:)

Do you think daisy will be annouced or would she be more or less the same as peach?

Also im calling this character ASH ha

Since Jigglypuff is one of the original characters, I think it's more than likely for her (it?) to see a return. Pokeballs have already been confirmed, with Groudon being one of the confirmed guys to pop out.

Statistically, Pokemon is Nintendo's most successful franchise. It would be bad sense for them not to include it as such

maybe because they don't really care about which franchise is most represented, and they just want the most broad scale of gameplay possible.

Since Jigglypuff is one of the original characters, I think it's more than likely for her (it?) to see a return. Pokeballs have already been confirmed, with Groudon being one of the confirmed guys to pop out.

I see well still my point remains......you can't have enough pokemon(although this time we will probably see a lot more new ones:S)

OMGOMGOMGOMG awesome. Charizard \o\ \o\

I love Charizard. This is gonna rawk soo much.

ive gone off pokemon in recent years, i loved blue, i loved it so much i almost married it. gold still appealed to me, but i didnt have the same drive as with blue. ruby was the last one i bought, it was still pokemon, but it had nothing exciting about it, being back in pokemon world just felt oud and i could see the limitedness off it, one on one battles felt flat, 2 v 2 was pretty good but still it wasnt great. it just too limiting for me, 4 moved, how many of thouse are taken up by HM's?

seeing the pokemon in brawl isn't offencive to me though, pokemon has been a great franchise and the origional thril of trading and fighting mates is still un surpassed, and the pokemon trainer for me brings back one of my happiest gaming memories, pokemon blue, i guess anything from more recent pokemon games will go right over myu head though

This looks pretty good, a sence of awe came over me as i first layed my eyes on it.

Awesome Update really inventive Nintendo.

Wonder if pokemon weaknesses are exploited. eg. Pikachu thunderbolt does more damage to Squirtle than Ivysaur. Would make gameplay interesting!

I agree though since the beggining of Smash brothers I've always wanted to play as Charizard and now I can! :yay:

I'll defo be spending a lot of time with this character.

they should of just got rid of the pokemon trainer and put them 3 as pokemon characters in the character select menu

Ah now this is awesome. Three characters in one. I hope there's a way of selecting who you want to be out first, like hold L for Charizard and hold R for Ivysaur or something along those lines.

I assume the alternate costumes would mainly affect the pokemon, seeing as they're really the new charcters and not the pokemon trainer.

they should of just got rid of the pokemon trainer and put them 3 as pokemon characters in the character select menu

Nah, this is way better!

I don't see what the big deal is excelle :) Pokemon has always been in Smash bros a lot, in fact nothing is new, just that one more pokemon character (I'm claling the trainer and his pokemon as one) is added. I know I would like to see more character from other series, but I love this idea. Its going outside the box as almost no-one would have predicted this :D