NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

gotta say, im not a huge online fan, i mean yes, for some games its great, but the best part about multi player is having a laugh with mates. ok, going online can put you against people who offer a challenge, thats a given, but playing some faceless, voicless person is so dull, i like chatting while i play.

Thank god for that!

I hope this is true the more online games the Wii has to offer the better! :yay:

well, i wouldn't trust anysource besides nintendo or sakurai at this stage, magazines and websites tend to say what fans want to here, i learned that lesson with KH. but i think it would be nice if it did have online features, but it will most likely have the dreaded friend-code system that's with every other nintendo wi-fi game. in some ways i prefer it like that, 'cause you have to interact with people outside the game to play them inside the game. but i can see the fun in random online encounters. either way i'm getting this game on when it comes out.

You wouldn't buy one of the highest budget games on the Wii for full price, just because of a lack of online? Unless you have no friends, I can't understand that, and even then I can't.

Melee was a single player experience for me. Not because I have no friends(That's why mario kart was no fun:))

but because I never got a decent challenge cause nobody owned it here.

I need on-line or nothing.

Online is over rated. It'll be a nice touch if we get it but i'd rather play people in person than have someone disconnect/quit. Also, you know...LAG!

Melee was a single player experience for me. Not because I have no friends(That's why mario kart was no fun:))

but because I never got a decent challenge cause nobody owned it here.

I need on-line or nothing.

Same here, I can beat everyone of my friends without breaking a sweat because they never get practice. But when I can play Brawl online, I can really be challenged a bit more.

Its all about playing people in the same room with a large dollop of smack talk. Now if they offered LAN play, 2 people on each screen, or even 8 players total, that would be fantastic.

"your going down!"

"No your going down!"

*kirby flies off the screen*

"see! i told you you were going down!"

you can't get that online...

The taunting is the most fun part I swear. Worst game for this at the moment is super mario strikers.

"your going down!"

"No your going down!"

You can. With a headset.

If all you people play xbox live then come back here and see the comments. It would anger you...

You can. With a headset.

If all you people play xbox live then come back here and see the comments. It would anger you...

Yeah but Smash has always been better with LAN play. Either way, aslong as it rocks I'm happy.

You can. With a headset.

Its close but can never match the real thing.

For me Smash is about getting your mates around and having a bloody good laugh with 4 players trash talking in a living room and complaining about how unfair bomb-ombs are or how cheap that KO was etc, an experience you just can't get online.

Don't get me wrong I do really want Online, its just I'll be playing 4 player with friends a hell of a lot more.

"your going down!"

"No your going down!"

Hahaha, three days ago something like that happened with me and my friend. I said "Right your dead now!" and did the Kirby stone attack. My friend rolled out the way just in time and says "No, you are!" And grabs me, unfortunately he spends too long kicking before the throw and I get free, suck him up, and jump over the edge, killing us both.:yay: :yay:

When Brawls out I reckon the two of us are going to live at each others houses playing.

Scans :)

img089.jpg

img090.jpg

img091.jpg

img092.jpg

img093.jpg

img094.jpg

The scans has new images that are not on the site.

Yoshi and Kirby

A new stage area (kirby's?)

Link vs ZSSamus

what are those jungle and desert looking stages? Aslso the very bottom right image in scan 2?

what are those jungle and desert looking stages? Aslso the very bottom right image in scan 2?

mcj metroid they are story mode areas.

a unknown area and Zelda:TP Gerudo desert

The new images:

Smash1.jpg

Smash2.jpg

Smash3.jpg

Smash4.jpg

Smash5.jpg

SmashYoshi.jpg

SmashIke.jpg

SmashSkyWorld.jpg

SmashJoe3.jpg

SmashJoe1.jpg

SmashJoe2.jpg

SmashZeroSamus.jpg

SmashFoot1.jpg

SmashFoot2.jpg

SmashKirbyAdventure.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

I love the yoshi/kirby one. Also the gun with mario is one of my favourite items in melee.

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070810113635544.jpg

A few more at ign

What's that on his chest?

Go back a page for the answer Stefkov.

Or item08_070810a.jpg

Go back a page for the answer Stefkov.

Or item08_070810a.jpg

eh?.......grr

Ah excuse me. I just saw it. I missed an update it seems.

ike_070801e.jpg

Pokémon Trainer

pokemon_trainer.jpg

No way! The Pokémon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn’t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pok̩mon with him РSquirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard Рto do the fighting for him.

pokemon_trainer_070813a-l.jpg

pokemon_trainer_070813b-l.jpg

pokemon_trainer_070813c-l.jpg

pokemon_trainer_070813d-l.jpg

Pokémon Change!

The Pokémon Trainer watches from the background.

pokemon_trainer_070813e-l.jpg

Is… Is he issuing commands?!

He needs to use his three Pokémon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the Pokémon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pokémon Trainer uses a special move called Pokémon Change to switch between them.

Down Special Move: Pokémon change

pokemon_trainer_070813f-l.jpg

Good job, Ivysaur! Come back!

pokemon_trainer_070813g-l.jpg

The returning Pokémon tags the next Pokémon.

pokemon_trainer_070813h-l.jpg

Charizard! I choose you!

They swap out in a set order: Squirtle→Ivysaur→Charizard.

pokemon_trainer_070813i.jpg

They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is a really weird update. It looks like a good character but I hope it doesn't get annoying having to switch the Pokemon a lot.