NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Wonder when we will see Snake and Meta Knight

Yeah, Meta Knight's absense is very odd, what with him being in so many screenshots. Could it be something to do with his ship being sending down those purple creatures in last week's video? Could he be the main bad guy of the game (unlikely, I know)?

Tomorrow will be Peach.

That's what we've been thinking in the past two days. :wink: The same thing happened with Yoshi before.

About Ike's special moves, I'm surprised Aether is not his final smash. Does "Eruption" come from Goddess of Dawn, do I forgot it or is it a completely made up move for smash?

It must be a new move, unless there is a fire sword in Goddess of Dawn.

It's not surprising, considering the movesets of Fox, Falco, Marth, Ganondorf, Roy and Captain Falcon.

The smoke ball look like a very fun item. Just imagine only smoke bombs in very high... it will be madness!

Imagine it with Tiny Mushrooms in Tiny Melee as well. The characters will be nearly impossible to see.

All this characters have their chances to be in considering Game and Watch (weird and old) and Fire emblem characters (Japan only before Melee). Jill really has a potential in terms of moveset. I'd really like Muddy Mole too (I love videogame moles. I dream of a Mario RPG with moles as main badguys) but I see him in the game more as an assist trophy, digging holes like pitfall ones everywhere in the stage. And Skapon would not be a pain to animate if they want to make him playable (but I'm not really fan of him).

Also, if they make a japan-only character to promote his games around the world, Stafy is one of the most likely considering he has 4 good-selling games and is quite popular in Japan. She even makes cameos in "Mario and Luigi: superstar saga" and in "Super Princess Peach". Wario also appeared during a stage of the third Stafy game and Nintendo has made mangas based on him.

Jill would truly be an extremely unique character. Hope she's not an Assist Trophy. The same thing goes for Skapon (although he's not as unique as Jill).

Your idea about Muddy is great, by the way. Digging holes is his most unique feature in the game and to translate that to a pitfall trap = Genius. I still wish he's playable, though.

Stafy is a character I keep forgetting about...but I had no idea he was that popular! His chances are really good! :o

He could float like Mewtwo and be a great aerial character (like Jigglypuff). About his attacks, he could do basic slaps and spins for A-Moves. About the B-Moves, I don't know. I never played any of his games.

Another thing i have been wondering about with SSBB is will it have third party assist trophy.

Another thing i have been wondering about with SSBB is will it have third party assist trophy.
Isn't that what Dr. Wright from SimCity is?

Isn't that what Dr. Wright from SimCity is?

Dont Nintendo own the rights for Dr.Wright?

Edit: I have check wiki and it says:

"In the SNES version of SimCity and SimCity 64 (released only in Japan), there is a character that is based off of Will Wright named "Dr. Wright". He has green hair, wears a burgundy-colored suit and acts as an advisor to the player.

2 characters based off of Dr. Wright appeared in The Legend of Zelda series. In Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons, a character named Mr. Write appears. In the former game, Dr. Wright's theme from SimCity can be heard inside the houses of Mr. Write and Christine (Write's pen pal). In The Minish Cap, a character name Mr. Left makes an appearance (his name is an obvious pun off of Wright and Write, which sounds like the word "right".)"

i think a good character would be megaman, but i also think that he'd be too much like samus. but the best 3rd party character i can think of would prolly be sora from KH, but that prolly has negative 13956% chance of happening :D

I hate items for updates the most.

Come to think of it, I think you're right. I forgot about item updates. Stage updates are a bit more interesting - sometimes.

Yay, Kid Icarus! The second game, Of Myths and Monsters, was my first ever video game, so today's update brings back memories.

Don't really like the tune to be honest. Not really something I'd like to brawl to. Nonetheless its composition is expertly done as you'd expect.

pretty catchy song, but i have to agree with Demuwan, it doesn't sound epic enough to fight to, but i'll still do it, and maybe it will sound good when yer fighting

I've never played the original Kid Icarus but I love this new song!! Very tongue-in-cheek.

Same goes for me, never played it either. Though when I get around to start downloading VC games, Kid Icarus is on my list.

A question for other Kid Icarus fans: Can you "find" the Game Over and Reaper themes in today's composition?

why cant Nintendo listen to OCremix a bit more just listen to this one:

http://nisute.com/NiSuTe_work_doc/Kid_Icarus_Megalo.mp3

Yay, Kid Icarus! The second game, Of Myths and Monsters, was my first ever video game, so today's update brings back memories.

Aahhh cool you played it!!

Same goes for me, never played it either. Though when I get around to start downloading VC games, Kid Icarus is on my list.

Uhmmm it seems you changed your mind?

I like the new tune a lot. I downloaded Kid Icarus from the VC as well, I am now on 1-3. 1-2 was really hard it took me 12 times or so, I hope it gets a bit easier from now :heh

if the song is for a level in adventure mode ( level of kid icarus ) i won't mind

but i dont really like it for a battle stage in Vs mode it doesn't really fit

Pit's final smash looks awesome calling his army down and palutena

I think it'd work fine for a battle stage music. If they used Saria's song in Melee, there's no reason why they woudn't use this. I think it's pretty catchy, anyway. :p

Pit's final smash today!

pit's FS is pure epicness, and i think that the underwhere from super paper mario should be a stage as well, fighting right over the river stygz

Pit: Final Smash

Palutena’s Army

Pit is the captain of Palutena’s Army, the guardians of the Goddess of Light! It’s said that when he raises his voice to heaven, this goddess will appear.

pit_070809a-l.jpg

Goddess Palutena! I beseech you!

Now that’s what I call a deity. Look how big she is!

Well, I guess technically that’s not her actual size. She just chose to manifest herself as something that big.

pit_070809b-l.jpg

Here come the flying Centurions...

pit_070809c-l.jpg

Now, attack!

They divebomb at incredible speeds!

It’s very difficult to dodge a charge of Centurions, splitting the sky like a storm.

Then again, the Centurions scatter after they clash. They each make one attack and then fall in battle.

pit_070809d-l.jpg

Their sacrifices are so...so moving...

Looks cool. Do you think Ness & Captain Falcon will return to Brawl? I hope so.