NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

That Medley is very nice.

*wants it for download*

I hope they also include alternative tracks this time again. For instance on Big Blue sometimes (or when you hold certain buttons) the Mach-Rider Theme played.

After a few month I took out SSBM again and played with a friend. It's still absolutely amazing and I thought several times: I so have to get SSBB.

Oh why does it have to take so long?

Yes, banana peels... You don’t, um...think they’re too much of a cliché, do you?

I mean, when a banana peel gets dropped, everybody pretty much knows what’s going to happen next.

item04_070627a.jpg

item04_070627b-l.jpg

item04_070627c-l.jpg

item04_070627d-l.jpg

item04_070627e-l.jpg

Nice idea for an item, but I'd rather there were a few more Nintendo-themed items. The new ones announced so far haven't had anything at all to do with Nintendo.

I think that ones a homage to Mario Kart :)

Yeah, you're probably right. They should have given it eyes, though. ;)

Yeah, you're probably right. They should have given it eyes, though. ;)

Isn't it just the item icon in the Mario Kart's that have eyes? I don't think the actual in-game Banana Peel has had eyes before..

yes it is a nintendo related item becouse it is also in . Mario kart Donkey kong and i think Diddy kong racing too.

and i think Diddy kong racing too.
Nope, that had an oil slick. But yeah surely it's just a mario kart reference!

I love the comic book style sequence of screens they used to demonsrate the item! lol at kirby!

Not quite sure how many people will get caught out by this one.. but you never know.

That picture of Kirby at the end is great.Just gotta laugh at his little pink angry face.

Woo! Banana peels?

The perfect replacement for the proximity mines if you ask me.:grin:

Not that I don't like the mines, but, if they get taken out, the banana peels surely will make up for it. They seem to fit the free-for-alls perfectly.

I want this game so bad right now...

And LOL at kirby of course. Every single picture posted.:laughing:

And LOL at kirby of course. Every single picture posted.:laughing:

Yea. His expressions are great.

Your sig is brilliant Cube! Fun update today, Kirby is hilariously animated :)

item04_070627c-l.jpg

I love how Samus is up on the platform looking down. Fantastic.

I've seen in a number of other gaming forums people complaining about the Banana Peel, but people are really underestimating the power of this item. It looks as though based on the screenshots released that slipping on the peel causes you to temporary be immobile when you make contact with the peel (walk/run over it) like when you leave the shield held for too long "crack" dizziness. This will give rise for a smash opportunity, if enough % of damage has been accumulated and if it has been strategically placed well, i.e on edge after attempted recovery, jumps up from edge slips or in a part of the stage where visibility is reduced, BAM ELIMINATED in an instant courtesy of capitalising on a vulnerable opponent. I welcome the addition of this item although I am slightly confused to how it would work if you were knocked INTO the ground via a smash move and slid along the ground due to accumulating a lot of damage and you happen to make contact with the banana peel, what would happen then? Would it just be used up Mario Kart style?

I think that all the banana peel will do is make you fall over. I wonder if you will be able to tech it.

I think that all the banana peel will do is make you fall over. I wonder if you will be able to tech it.

Teching it would be awesome :D

Also, i wonder if they'll let you get 3-5 bananas at a time, like you get in Mario kart.

Teching it would be awesome :D

Also, i wonder if they'll let you get 3-5 bananas at a time, like you get in Mario kart.

I can see the multiplayer mayhem with that now..... hehe

539rd40.jpg

NeoGaf material :heh:

People on here wont get that joke Canocha.

Go here to get it guys.

More photoshops. :)

63iyp37.gif

aftergame.jpg

i.jpg

kirbyfun.jpg

You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.

various02_070628a-l.jpg

This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!

You can also use random names.

Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.

various02_070628b-l.jpg

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

We’ve made this game compatible with four different controllers:

various02_070628c.gif

You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, todays update gives us the first glimpse of the interface of the game, and to me it appears very Kirby Air Ridesque.

I love the bit at the end.

This site is more like a blog than a games site and it just seems like he actually feels sorry if a feature is missed out.

Anyway, although not a major update since you know... yay button configs. I have no idea why anyone would want A and B switched though.

Hmm, seems VS Mode has been renamed Multiplayer. Wonder if that means we're gonna see more than just your standard VS battles.

Loving the brighter interface anyhow :smile:. Wonder why they didn't opt to using Miis for names.