NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Urgh, i hate the term 'hardcore gamers' It almost makes me cringe.

Agreed. It's a term that has no real meaning.

:wtf:

Agreed. It's a term that has no real meaning.

thats what the dictionary is for http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hardcore

hard-core

The most dedicated, unfailingly loyal faction of a group or organization: the hard core of the separatist movement.

hard-core

1. unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated: a hard-core segregationist.

hard-core also hard·core

adj.

Intensely loyal; die-hard: a hard-core secessionist; a hard-core golfer.

Erm...The D-Pas can't be used for movement without Wiimote movement because then they'd always walk/run the same speed.

Anyway, I reckon the Wii'chuck withh be.

A = Attack

B = Specials

C = Z-Block

Z = L&R Block

D-Pad = Jump

Yeah, i dont like that expression, but what I do hate is the term 'bitching' about games. I just despise it, its giving the game a persona and feelings and its saying that you're being horrible to it.

So please dont use this term.

Yeah, i dont like that expression, but what I do hate is the term 'bitching' about games. I just despise it, its giving the game a persona and feelings and its saying that you're being horrible to it.

So please dont use this term.

Bitching refers to the person who's er... bitching, not about what they're..sigh... bitching about. I think.

Bitching refers to the person who's er... bitching, not about what they're..sigh... bitching about. I think.

I didnt mean that, i meant that bitching isnt really the right word for people who are complaining about a game. Dw

These will be the last words you see from me now. Yes, im leaving, please dont ask why.

I'll miss everyone here on the forum. Bye

As you can see im not one for a big goodbye. However, i wish everyone here on the forum well.

Um... byey?

You don't have to "leave forever" though, you could just decide to just not post so you don't look like tit when you come back next month. (Although you seem to be banned now, this confuses me).

I'm confused too.

he asked to be banned it seems O.o

Makes me wonder how many players this game will allow. With the online mode, and the fact that a Wii supports up to seven Wiimotes and four GameCube controllers, surely 8 players simultaneously should be possible?

It says up to four players on the site, so I don't see that happening. Especially online because of the lag.

Bye Atomic boo...whenever i score a goal with Boo on strikers i'll think of ya :heh:

it's annoying how there's no updates on weekends. i get all excited, check the site and i'm like 'oh yeh, my bad'.

Another one bites the dust.

See ya later Boo.I won't forget our epic Metroid matches.Shame it was sudden.

Who would want no updates for 2 weeks,and in return we get a new trailer?

I know I would :heh: Come on E3 you big bundle of gamer joy...

I didnt mean that, i meant that bitching isnt really the right word for people who are complaining about a game. Dw

These will be the last words you see from me now. Yes, im leaving, please dont ask why.

I'll miss everyone here on the forum. Bye

As you can see im not one for a big goodbye. However, i wish everyone here on the forum well.

Later Boo, All the Best mate: peace:

I too remember those Epic metroid battles we had!

Ahh good stuff. Can't wait to have some Epic Smash battles. After playing Strikers *yeh I just got it:grin: * I know Smash Online is going to be one hell of an experience.

Erm, perhaps I'm a bit behind the facts, but it seems you can play this game with the GC and classic controller too (my source: a Dutch gaming website, hope you either speak Dutch or know how to use Babelfish ;) ). My problem is that mr. Masahiro Sakurai even recommends the GC controller over the Wiimote! I mean come on, the big thing about the Wii is the Wiimote, but if we're all supposed to use the GC controller for one of our biggest franchises, then what the heck is going on? Without the Wiimote the Wii is nothing more than a GC with upgraded firmware and wifi!

Is it just me or is there something wrong about one of the most anticipated Wii titles not using the 'flagship' of the Wii console?

Erm, perhaps I'm a bit behind the facts, but it seems you can play this game with the GC and classic controller too (my source: a Dutch gaming website, hope you either speak Dutch or know how to use Babelfish ;) ). My problem is that mr. Masahiro Sakurai even recommends the GC controller over the Wiimote! I mean come on, the big thing about the Wii is the Wiimote, but if we're all supposed to use the GC controller for one of our biggest franchises, then what the heck is going on? Without the Wiimote the Wii is nothing more than a GC with upgraded firmware and wifi!

Is it just me or is there something wrong about one of the most anticipated Wii titles not using the 'flagship' of the Wii console?

Erm, it's Smash. What were you expecting? Do you have any idea how much depth there is to this game? motion control isn't reliable enough (it being 99% reliable isn't good).

Brawl+ GC controller= Heaven.

Erm, perhaps I'm a bit behind the facts, but it seems you can play this game with the GC and classic controller too (my source: a Dutch gaming website, hope you either speak Dutch or know how to use Babelfish ;) ).

Have you heard of the Official Smash Bros Site? He says he liked the Cube controller becasue of the powerful rumble.

And, it's using the Wii Remote

Smash Bros with the Wii Remote & Nunchuck is what I was hoping for.

My problem is that mr. Masahiro Sakurai even recommends the GC controller over the Wiimote! I mean come on, the big thing about the Wii is the Wiimote, but if we're all supposed to use the GC controller for one of our biggest franchises, then what the heck is going on? Without the Wiimote the Wii is nothing more than a GC with upgraded firmware and wifi!

I imagine the 'Cube controller is a technically more precise input, so it's the most... efficient way of controlling the game. However, if Wiimote control is more fun then I know which I'll be using; ExciteTruck would be easy with an analogue but a lot less fun, and racing wheels tend to make games harder but also more involving.

Have you heard of the Official Smash Bros Site? He says he liked the Cube controller becasue of the powerful rumble.

And, it's using the Wii Remote

Smash Bros with the Wii Remote & Nunchuck is what I was hoping for.

a small stab at the ps3 controller maybe?

Ok sorry, first of all I am aware that ssbb can also use the Wiimote ("you can play this game with the GC and classic controller too"), I just made a mistake saying "one of the most anticipated Wii titles not using the 'flagship' of the Wii console". What I really meant to say is that it is kinda awkward that such a 'big' game prefers a GC controller instead of the Wiimote, which leaves me wondering what the added value is compared to this game if it were a GC release. Online mode, perhaps? But the GC had an online adapter too, Ninty just didn't use it (still one of the stupidest things ever, releasing an addon without utilising it, but that's kinda offtopic ;) ).

Ofcourse in it's current state motion controls won't be as accurate/fast as a conventional controller, but isn't the Wii all about innovating? And don't get me wrong, I love SSB and I'm sure I'll have a great time with SSBB, but don't you guys think that if they changed the gameplay a little (e.g. making the gamespeed somewhat slower) we could have gotten a revolutionary new SSB wíth motion controls? Instead of that, we get a predictable sequel, fun as hell, more options, modes etc. and an online mode. Great, but it doesn't really fit in the revolutionary Wii idea imo.

Oh, and about mr. Sakurai, I didn't know he was talking about the rumble, on the site I referred to as my source, the only thing they say about this is "The creator of the franchise Masahiro Sakurai does recommend gamers to use the Gamecube controllers, if possible. The other controls on the other hand all have a fresh input and are certainly worth trying" (yes this was a crappy translation by myself ;) )

Part of the idea is that the Wii is great for old and new styles of games.

Here's what he said:

There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!

I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

Still, try out the other controls—they definitely give you a fresh experience.

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?

If I get the chance to tell you, I will.