NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Not a good update by any means, but better to have this particular update early on I suppose. And is it me, or has Mario become a better jumper? That Super Jump Punch of his looks like it can cover a lot more distance than it did in Melee.

That seems to fit with the whole aerial focus this game has.

I like the 'platform' type thing it leaves when you do a jump in the air, looks really good.

Though nothing new, the screens are pretty interesting. l love the background and the little jump platform.

We'll have a lot like these updates, as they need to have updates for the next months. There'll be one good update per week if we're lucky.

Dear God you guys are annoying. moan moan moan whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch. You're getting small news every day and yet you still complain? GTFO! :P

Anyway, like that effect of the double jump, kinda like DMC.

Freakin' awesome detail on the background, if you ask me.

Love the update just for that reason :p

You're getting small news every day and yet you still complain?

I have never known a game developer to drip feed us information with new screens each and every day. And this coming after a very long information drought. Bravo! :yay:

Dear God you guys are annoying. moan moan moan whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch. You're getting small news every day and yet you still complain? GTFO! :P

It's what us British do the best.

It's what us British do the best.

:smile:

Yes, we demand large news every day!

I found it almost impossible to knock people back down once they try and come back to the stage. Its so difficult that i tend to just wait till they get back and smash them again. The training video shows that its almost impossible to get this technique right, mario just about reaches the ledge.

When i attempt this technique I either

a) fall down myself

b) get hit by their up+b move

c) miss them all together and have to jump back up with them, which makes you lose an advantage

wow calm down, its only shooting a few credits, go on wii play if you're excited about shooting little targets with a pointer. it wasnt even that good in melee because they went to fast and there was no real award for it.

Erm, someone made a suggestion, I don't really think there's any need for 'wow calm down'. It was a little bonus and someone typed up their idea, no one over-exaggerated or anything.

Sounds interesting - does that mean that 2 players can stay in mid-air for a while, providing that they are fighting? And then can use their Up special once they've pummeled their opponent?

Sakurai said that Brawl would have a larger focus on aerial battles and fighting than Melee did, so I'd imagine so.

Melee was quite balanced between arial and ground battle I think. I just played it again a couple days ago after not playing it in ages and it was awesome. Jumping into the air, knocking them to the ground.

If it's mainly based on arial then ...hmm. Maybe I'm over analysing so I'll wait and see.

If it's mainly based on arial then ...hmm. Maybe I'm over analysing so I'll wait and see.
I don't think it's mainly based on aerial, I think a few people have over exagerated!

They are just expanding upon the aerial elements of the game.

a) fall down myself

c) miss them all together and have to jump back up with them, which makes you lose an advantage

Yeah it wasn't easy and not really worth attempting! Like you said, just guard the edge and smash them!

They will probably re-work it though to encourage aerial moves.

Yeah it wasn't easy and not really worth attempting! Like you said, just guard the edge and smash them!

You could also slowly walk off the edge and grab the ledge yourself, thereby preventing your opponent from doing so. But in the heat of battle, that wasn't easy either.

Erm, someone made a suggestion, I don't really think there's any need for 'wow calm down'. It was a little bonus and someone typed up their idea, no one over-exaggerated or anything.

Sorry, its just at school we say 'calm down' even if someone isnt getting excited. Its just a way to annoy people if they say they like something.

dw

Hmm after those screens it seems mario's Up+B has better range. Sexy

I thought it looked the same, but why does it matter anyway, we're pretty sad to be talking about this anyway.

I found it almost impossible to knock people back down once they try and come back to the stage. Its so difficult that i tend to just wait till they get back and smash them again. The training video shows that its almost impossible to get this technique right, mario just about reaches the ledge.

a) fall down myself

I've managed to do that thing with Mario only once or twice...He has the Docs punch instead now though.

I'm pretty good at doing that with Ganondorf. His Aerial Down A killed a lot of my opponents, sending them straight down. I just have to take care not to jump to far off the platform.

Well with Marth i just stay on the level and use the down-tilt or the f-smash. With Fox it's either the down smash or I just jump off the level and shine them :heh:

Ganon's dair is awesome to use, but if they meteor cancel it they can end up on the level before you (only if they're using like marth though..and their % must be pretty low). Ganon is too cool.

I use ganon the most, good 2on2, too slow for 1on1. His power is maximum.

I use ganon the most, good 2on2, too slow for 1on1. His power is maximum.

He is too slow unfortunately, but god his power is just...wow. His forward and up air attacks send you quite a distance, and so does the back air attack. God he rocks.

Really hope we see him in brawl, but preferably with a new moveset :)

NO MORE CLONES!