NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I'm sure it would still sell well with GC/Classic Controller controls, but I for one would't bother with the game. TBH, it doesn't look that good ATM.

Edit: And, If the game ain't broke, why replace it?

To add online, new characters, make the game more competitive.

people have to remember that this game has to aim from both competitive gamers and then those are just going to play it every now and then (similar to games like street fighter). Tbh, it's because of this split that 2D fighters have become less and less popular; they require tonnes of time to master but some people won't actually care to.

I preferred the N64 Smash to the Gamecube one...I think it was because the GC version didn't really add anything new, it was great though.

Sonic is definately a playable character in Brawl. I'm 99.9% certain he's in it.

It added A LOT of new stuff. Teching and DI probably being the best things ever to grace 2D fighters.

People have to remember that this game has to aim from both competitive gamers and then those are just going to play it every now and then (similar to games like street fighter, whereas people either played it a bit or actually took the time to see how much depth there is in the games). Tbh, it's because of this split that 2D fighters have become less and less popular; they require tonnes of time to master but some people won't actually care to.

people have to remember that this game has to aim from both competitive gamers and then those are just going to play it every now and then (similar to games like street fighter). Tbh, it's because of this split that 2D fighters have become less and less popular; they require tonnes of time to master but some people won't actually care to.

It added A LOT of new stuff. Teching and DI probably being the best things ever to grace 2D fighters.

People have to remember that this game has to aim from both competitive gamers and then those are just going to play it every now and then (similar to games like street fighter, whereas people either played it a bit or actually took the time to see how much depth there is in the games). Tbh, it's because of this split that 2D fighters have become less and less popular; they require tonnes of time to master but some people won't actually care to.

There's an echo :laughing:

Teching and DI were both in Smash 64 your know :wink: same with Z-cancelling.

But although smash 64 was a great game, I think melee eclipsed it, like Burnout 3 eclipsed Burnout 2. I think they did it just right, they didn't make it too different, but they didn't make it too samey.

Teching and DI were both in Smash 64 your know :wink: same with Z-cancelling.

But although smash 64 was a great game, I think melee eclipsed it, like Burnout 3 eclipsed Burnout 2. I think they did it just right, they didn't make it too different, but they didn't make it too samey.

Actually the DI in 64 barely made an impact, whereas the DI in Melee is VERY important. Also, i swear teching wasn't in smash 64 because if you watch the pro's fight on it, they never tech (i think i'll check again).

EDIT: Ok, so you can tech off the ground but not off the walls...

Also, I reckon Sonic will be in this game. Count my vote :D

I prefered the throwing in Smash 64.

Because it was insane?

*Reminds himself of kirby's throw of doom*:bouncy:

Because it was insane?

*Reminds himself of kirby's throw of doom*:bouncy:

Yea, basically! :heh:

I think it was a bit quicker to pull off aswell.

Whats teching and DI?

Melee was the way better ganem but I played 64 much more because I was around friends (at Uni) who loved the game, when Melee came out I didnt really have anyone to play it with.

I agree, Sonic HAS to be in it, I would me gobsmacked if he wasn't. Would also love to see Megaman and Simon Belmont in there too, maybe even bomberman, but not too many 3rd party characters.

I prefered the throwing in Smash 64.

yeah throwing in 64 was deadly. In melee throwing was used to start off combos (I'm looking at you marth).

Whats teching and DI?

Melee was the way better ganem but I played 64 much more because I was around friends (at Uni) who loved the game, when Melee came out I didnt really have anyone to play it with.

I agree, Sonic HAS to be in it, I would me gobsmacked if he wasn't. Would also love to see Megaman and Simon Belmont in there too, maybe even bomberman, but not too many 3rd party characters.

1. Teching is pressing L/R just before you hit the ground after you've been hit by a move (therefore you can get up straight away instead of just lying on the floor and letting yourself get hit).

2. DI...Hmmm how to explain..so i won'tlol.

Also, Simon Belmont would be an AWESOME addition to the game. God i really want to see him in the game; he's awesome.

It would be awesome if the dude from Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was included. Maybe even as a timed secret character!

Ok lets take bets. Your reputation is on the line. I'll add names.

SONIC IS IN SMASH!

mcj metroid

Tellyn

Blender( Bets a copy of turok for gamecube)

gaggle64

forever floating on a horse

owen

Ellmeister

CUBE

SONIC IS NOT IN SMASH

TysOnToast

Fierce_Link

SimonM7

or else you will die

Tell me so i can add your names. The losers will be shamed until people stop playing this game!(thats a long time)

here are the results so far. I hope i didn't leave anyone out

Sonic will be in Brawl. If theres 3 3rd party characters then Sonic, Solid Snake and Bomberman. Cant see many other possibilities, the 3rd party characters all have to be gaming icons

I suppose Tails is possible *shudders*

Sonic will be in. There is NO WAY, with the amount of hype about it, that the two companies would miss out on it.

here are the results so far. I hope i didn't leave anyone out

You missed me out...*sigh*

Put me down for will be in it.

More than anything else, sonic would work great as a character in SSBB. He began his life on the 2D plain, it's where he belongs.

I found this on the internet at a site I go to. Done by a girl named Tanooki. She says it isn't what she wants, nor really thinks, but wanted to make a character select screen that could be discussed in topics like this.

smash.jpg

If a square has two characters in it, it means they can transform (Zelda, Samus, Ganondorf, Bowser Jr. Vaati). The only characters that have been removed are Roy, Young Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario. She said that Ganondorf, Lyn (Roy's Replacement) and Falco have different moves. She wanted to get a representative from Nintendo's main franchises. Chibi Robo and Captain Olimar would grow when the match started. Also, in the top right is a Mii, she said a funky idea would be to import your Mii has a character and go on an Adventure/Mission mode and customize the moves from other characters.

It's quite a fun list, don't exactly agree with all of it, but what do you think?

Sonic won't be in Brawl. It's the only selling point for the Olympics game.

Would be awsome if Cloud was in.

Anyways, now that Sonic is in that track and field game i think he will be in this aswell.

I'll express this point while attempting not to drag in what I said before, but the way I see it, from a business stance, bringing Metal Gear characters in makes more sense. See, hardcore Snake fans would have mostly jumped ship to the Playstation world, due to the games being released on their platforms, obviously.

Due to the Playstation 3, there will be a large crowd of people still stunned by the price revelation. The people who can't afford their PS3, yet are hardcore Metal Gear followers may feel the urge to buy the Nintendo platform to get even a tit bit of Snake on stuff action. The appearance of Snake in Smash Bros brings the possibility of Snake on the Wii in his own full scale game, obviously not Metal Gear Solid 4, but a game non-the-less.

Sonic, on the other hand, already has a large presence on the Wii, with the Olympic games and Secret rings and such. Although this would appear to be a reason for Sonic to be in Brawl, it also means that a large majority of the fan base for Sonic would already have jumped onto the Nintendo ship. And due to the fall in quality of Sonic games, anyone who hasn't followed Sonic probably doesn't care anymore. Something to that flavor anyway.

Well, that's just my view anyway, all typed up on the Wii, so blame any mistakes or lack of clarification on that. I look forward to your random Gamecube games. ;)

Miyamoto said only 1 or 2 third party characters would be in the game in addition the Solid Snake. And Sakurai said some of the characters from Meele would be missing. I dont think Jigglypuff will be missed.

Cloud? I don't think so!

Crisis Core is comming out this summer and its rumored that FF7 remake is actually comming (sony is so desperate to sell some consoles) :heh:

You could probably see one from Crystal Chronicles... (i want Crystal Bearers footage or pics!)

I'll express this point while attempting not to drag in what I said before, but the way I see it, from a business stance, bringing Metal Gear characters in makes more sense. See, hardcore Snake fans would have mostly jumped ship to the Playstation world, due to the games being released on their platforms, obviously.

Due to the Playstation 3, there will be a large crowd of people still stunned by the price revelation. The people who can't afford their PS3, yet are hardcore Metal Gear followers may feel the urge to buy the Nintendo platform to get even a tit bit of Snake on stuff action. The appearance of Snake in Smash Bros brings the possibility of Snake on the Wii in his own full scale game, obviously not Metal Gear Solid 4, but a game non-the-less.

Sonic, on the other hand, already has a large presence on the Wii, with the Olympic games and Secret rings and such. Although this would appear to be a reason for Sonic to be in Brawl, it also means that a large majority of the fan base for Sonic would already have jumped onto the Nintendo ship. And due to the fall in quality of Sonic games, anyone who hasn't followed Sonic probably doesn't care anymore. Something to that flavor anyway.

Well, that's just my view anyway, all typed up on the Wii, so blame any mistakes or lack of clarification on that. I look forward to your random Gamecube games. ;)

You'd have to be a pretty crazy Metal Gear fan to buy a Wii just to play as Snake in Brawl. If you're that crazy you'd definitely spend double that to play a proper Metal Gear game.

Anyway, if the number of PS3 owners was THAT low Namco would soon port Metal Gear Solid 4 across to other platforms

Snake being in Smash Bros is to try and grow the Metal Gear brand, nothing more

And on that note, if Sonic is currently as unpopular as you make out then surely having him in Smash Bros would be a good idea?

Would be awsome if Cloud was in.

Cloud? I wish.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts was put in the possible 3rd party character list although he's very unlikely, well a man can hope...

Think about it, there's gonna be at least 2 more 3rd party characters in the game, how can one of them not be Sonic?

(sony is so desperate to sell some consoles) :heh:

Urgh! Stop making snide Sony digs, anywhere i can go on the web people make them.

It's so damn anoying.