NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

TBH, I don't think Wind Waker Link will be in this SSBB....Once cel-shaded character would just look really odd. (Also, don't you need different lighting techniques and stuff for cel-shading?).

Mr game & watch used it if i'm not mistaken. I think WW Link would really fit in. It's a different enough character from TP Link and you could even put to use some of the WW items.

Mr game & watch used it if i'm not mistaken. I think WW Link would really fit in. It's a different enough character from TP Link and you could even put to use some of the WW items.

Exactly - adds a bit of variety, much as I'd much rather see Paper Mario than Dr. Mario as he could have a totally different moveset and look totally different.

I really, really don't think Marth will be cut. Sakurai said they would have 35-45 characters in the game, so I doubt they would cut someone as popular and widely used as Marth. The team thats making Brawl are also all huge fans of melee and know it inside and out. I'm positive that Marth will be in Brawl.

Of course, I'm not Biased, not one bit =p (pay no attention to my username)

Also, I agree that Cel-Shaded link would look a bit out of place, but what about a cel-shaded mode, where all the characters were cel-shaded? That would work pretty well.

A retro mode would be cool too Marthuser ;)

I've always wanted them to add Paper Mario, Jay:heh: He could have some great moves.

BTW you lot...As I've said before, though you may not have seen, I think the Doc has been cut, as Mario has the Doc's air punch (Mario punches enemies downwards in Melee, whereas they now go how they did when punched by the Dr Maz)

A retro mode would be cool too Marthuser ;)

I've always wanted them to add Paper Mario, Jay:heh: He could have some great moves.

BTW you lot...As I've said before, though you may not have seen, I think the Doc has been cut, as Mario has the Doc's air punch (Mario punches enemies downwards in Melee, whereas they now go how they did when punched by the Dr Maz)

As I've said before, I wouldn't totally like to see the back of Dr. Mario - I don't imagine it would be hugely difficult to keep him but as an alternative costume for Mario. Keep the same moveset obviously, just have the fireballs changed for pills for that suit.

To be honest when it comes to third parties I'm not really fussed beyond Snake and Sonic. I'd love to see a character from FF7 but given that game wasn't on a Nintendo system I can understand why they wouldn't make the cut. I don't think Resi characters really have enough of a character, history or enough individuality to really suit Smash Bros and I don't think Megaman or Rayman are big enough, or likeable enought to appear. Unless we could get Cloud and Sephiroth then I'd just stick to Sonic and Snake, maybe throw in Robotnik as well but I wouldn't want to see too many Sonic characters.

1. Mario (w/ Dr. Mario as one alternate costume)

2. Paper Mario

3. Luigi

4. Peach (w/ Daisy as one alternate costume)

5. Bowser

6. Wario

7. Link

8. Child Link (WW Style, as that his how he has always appeared since that game)

9. Zelda (but I'd probably drop the Sheikh transformation, I'd rather see a warrior type Zelda as she appeared in TP)

10. Ganondorf (With his own unique moveset this time)

11. An Animal Crossing Character (Nook using shop items as weapons perhaps)

12. Donkey Kong

13. Kirby

14. Meta Knight

15. Pikachu

16. Jigglypuff

17. Mewtwo

18. Sonic

19. Robotnik

20. Solid Snake

21. Your selected Mii (With Wii Sports/Play/Music based attacks)

22. Mr. Game & Watch

23. Yoshi

24. Samus (w/ Zero Suit Transformation - Sheikh style)

25. Ridley

26. Fox McCloud

27. A Fire Emblem Character (Roy/Marth? Not played path of radiance so I wouldn't know who to go with)

28. Captain Falcon

29. Pit

30. Olimar (Pikmin as Attacks)

I think that covers all major Nintendo franchises and adds a bit more depth to what was in Melee whilst creating a good, round number. I think some games, where the franchise is big but there isn't really a character established enough to have something developed around them in Smash Bros (Such as the Wars series, and the other Wario Ware characters) could have a few levels based on them or something along those lines, I think other classic series' such as Wave Race, 1080, Excite Bike/Truck, Balloon Flight, Ice Climbers etc. would work fine with levels based on them as well, its a homage to them without adding some completely crap characters.

Also, I agree that Cel-Shaded link would look a bit out of place, but what about a cel-shaded mode, where all the characters were cel-shaded? That would work pretty well.

Out of place is seeing Pikachu beating Solid Snake. I think WW Link will fit right in.

Soiled Snake made me laugh. :D

Yeah, I can't believe he gets those crazy ideas. I mean Solid Snake in SSBB? LOL!

The only new characters I want 100% is "Midna riding wolf Link" character. Oh, and that big bad guy from Minish "Vaati with sword/magic". I also think there should be a Pokemon character (the main dude from the first Cube Pokemon game) who has dark Pokemon attacks. Olimar with Pikmin would be nice, too.

21. Your selected Mii (With Wii Sports/Play/Music based attacks)

A = Punches (with Boxing gloves)

Dash + A = Cow ride attack

Smash Left/Right = Baseball Bat Swing

Smash Up = Tennis Racket Serve Swing

Smash down = Golf Club backswing + swing

B = Bowling ball (charge for power/faster bowl)

Left/Right + B = Baseball Pitch

Up + B = Jumping frenzy (when you pickup your Mii in Mii Plaza, they waggle their arms and legs franticly... a jumping attack like that... i dunno, just running out of ideas! haha)

Down + B = (now I have run out, I just can't think of anything at the moment)

Grab = fishing rod reel

I can't be bothered thinking up aerial moves etc, just the basics will do for now!

Who thinks Richter Belmont & Maria Renard might be in SSBB because both are in the DS & PSP games? :hmm:

I want either a Belmont or Alucard. I wouldn't mind Soma though. But Alucard would rock very hard.

Out of place is seeing Pikachu beating Solid Snake. I think WW Link will fit right in.

what?pikachu could kick snakes ass.

I'd like to see Paper Mario. He'd be awesome with his hammer and his twist counter move.

The only new characters I want 100% is "Midna riding wolf Link" character.

That could actually be a great character. It could even be possible to transform between TP Link and wolf in-game, like Zelda/Sheik.

I officially nominate the hero from Atari2600 classic "Adventure" as a must have character addition. That would be just far, far too awesome. Seriously though, think about it. A genuine gaming legend who could kick Snake's ass anyday.

Adventure1.png

(Hero top right with sword.)

Those graphics are as ground breaking as Konami's game announcements.

I want Conker and a Goron

and don't mock the hero from "Adventure" with the pointy sword... i bet that game has great gameplay.. and thats what it's all about.. right!? right!!!!!???

I want Conker and a Goron

and don't mock the hero from "Adventure" with the pointy sword... i bet that game has great gameplay.. and thats what it's all about.. right!? right!!!!!???

You'll never get conker. FACT

You'll never get a random character. FACT

You may see Goron link at a push and that is a push.

I make my prediction for when this game will come out.

Japan: Winter 2007

US: Winter 2007

Europe: Q2 2008

I'm a true fan of SSBM. Never played SSB though... *sigh*

This game has to be great. If it follows the same path as the first two games, it's bound to be good! I'd like to see Isaac from Golden Sun as a playable character though...

Yeah, I can't believe he gets those crazy ideas. I mean Solid Snake in SSBB? LOL!

Oh well done. If you were thinking you'd get a few quick laughs from people there, re-read what you quoted. Dante put 'Soiled' Snake.

I do not care that much about characters, but make good places Ninty! Bringing back places from SSBM would be class, and I'd love a new Hyrule Temple. But as we're on the subject, I'd love to see Ganon. Not Ganondorf, Ganon dammit! Am I the only one here who loves him?

yes i am confused about that.Why is he called ganondorf in smash.I twas always ganon in the games right?

Gnondorf is the god Ganon in human flesh. He has restricted powers, the Triforce and ginger hair. Ganon, on the other hand, is a God, and has full godly powers. He is not ginger but fat and almighty. He is the King of Evil, Lord Of Darkness, Son of Satan... whatever you wanna call him.

Anyone notice when you go into the original Zelda to download from the Virtual Console, the description insists on spelling Ganon's name as Gannon?