NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Seems like we won't see any new characters yet ...

There are rumors flying around that new characters for hotly anticipated Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be unveiled at Nintendo's upcoming Nintendo World 2006 exhibition in Japan. They are not true.

Here's where it's coming from -- designer Masahiro Sakurai's official Smash blog, which says (in the Japanese):

新キャラたちがゲーム画面上で動いているのは、世界初公開!

機会があるかたは、お見逃しなく。

Apparently a few first-year Japanese students are looking at the beginning of this paragraph, seeing the construction shin-kyara ("new characters") and assuming the rest of the sentence says WILL BE REVEALED!!!1 when what it actually says is "For the first time, the general public will be able to see the new characters moving around in actual game screens!" So basically it just means real-time game footage with the characters that were already revealed. Cool -- but not what they're saying it is.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/10/super_smash_bro.html

Seems like we won't see any new characters yet ...

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/10/super_smash_bro.html

Thanks for clearing that one up.

Anyway I'm intrigued into how this mid-air combat is going to work. I don't think they'll be just giving characters more jumps, because that simply would aid people's recoverys. Maybe they're just going to balcance it out a bit more, seeing as characters like Marth and Peach were insanely better than everyone else in the air.

When we do eventually get to see new details of the game, I'd like Little Mac [from Mike Tysons Punch Out on the NES] to be a playable character, would be perfect for the game.

I hope Sonic's in it, I don't think Tails should be added simply because then people will start wanting Knuckles too, and I'd rather have more Nintendo characters than Miles 'pushing' one of them out of the game.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Waluigi, there's just something about him that makes me like him and think he'd be good in it (though there's a VERY slim chance of that)

Hmm so, the E3 footage wasn't real time :sad:

Let's hope it gets to the E3 footage level.

Thanks for clearing that one up.

Anyway I'm intrigued into how this mid-air combat is going to work. I don't think they'll be just giving characters more jumps, because that simply would aid people's recoverys. Maybe they're just going to balcance it out a bit more, seeing as characters like Marth and Peach were insanely better than everyone else in the air.

Marth being insanely better? He doesn't really have any finishing moves for when he's in the air...that said though his reach let's him do wonders :bouncy: .

If they're changing the mid-air combat, they're really going to have to be careful whilst sorting out priority. Seriously, if they ain't careful, we're gonna end up with another Peach :mad:

I'm loving Pit's hotpants.

I can imagine Jack Tompson saying this game should be banned because it contains:

"Gay sexual content"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Those new screens are a bit pointless surely

Incidently, do we have any idea when this will be out yet? Hope it makes xmas next year.

Possibly the tip of Metaknight's swod?

theres already 4 people in there

(its part of the stage *we need a duuuuuu smily*)

those screens are from the e3 trailer

there not new

i want to here a few more chars but not all of them :yay:

So are we finding out a new character on the 3rd still?

The original translation was wrong, it seems it's just when we'll see the "new characters" in gameplay as opposed to just a trailer. This probably refers to the previously known new characters however.

theres already 4 people in there
Maybe we can now play with 8 characters?

I mean, that's total anarchy :D

Maybe we can now play with 8 characters?

I mean, that's total anarchy :D

Lol! 8 player would be good for elimination matches, but wpould get kind of annoying after a while. Still, it's good to have massive melee matches when you first get into a new Smash game, because it helps you learn the ropes and stilll have lots of fun. I've noticed a lot of my noob smash friends enjoy the game FAR more if it's a 4-way-all items match, because they can like piss around a bit...and maybe even kill someone :o

But i doubt there would be an 8 player style mode, would be a bit...meh...

It wouldn't work anyway, unless you had 4 people connected by gamecube controllers and 4 people connected by classic controller. And there would probably be SERIOUS lag with 8 players.