NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Im pretty sure Smash has been out for 5yrs hasn't it.

*feels like 5 to me anyway*

I really don't find anything wrong with 14 year olds, so if you're 14 and I insulted you in some way, thats my bad. I just don't like Demuwan. He's an asshole.

Obviously you need to grow a sense of humour.:awesome:

It comes naturally to most but you must be....

...special

The guy in that vid is quite good!

Thats why im glad this game is online.

Finally we can see where the real talent is and we don't need to go to any silly competition to find out.

If they nail the online on this game it will probably be my fav game ever!!:bouncy:

Sorry, I still haven't gotten over that whole "Nintendork" thing. You wanna kiss and hug and make pretend that nothing ever happened? Cmere...

His taunt is really irrating dont ya think 'HI!!!!'

I don't like Donkey Kongs, it seems more like an anti-taunt :confused:

Sorry, I still haven't gotten over that whole "Nintendork" thing. You wanna kiss and hug and make pretend that nothing ever happened? Cmere...

No worries mate I quite like you too:wink: . You shouldn't take these things to heart especially not with me! and the 'Nintendork' thing isn't an insult just a little joke.

ONTOPIC: I use Roy because I have grown accustomed to him and find him a very balanced character. I am actually quite surprised much of you prefer Marth.

No worries mate I quite like you too:wink: . You shouldn't take these things to heart especially not with me! and the 'Nintendork' thing isn't an insult just a little joke.

ONTOPIC: I use Roy because I have grown accustomed to him and find him a very balanced character. I am actually quite surprised much of you prefer Marth.

Roy is good but marth is better when it comes to fighting other characters. The only real advantage Roy has over marth is that he has an awesome counter :P

Kirby was far far more effective in the original smash bros, because of his throws.

Now throws are so much weaker it makes it damn hard to throw someone out of the arena using him.

Yeah throws are much weaker in melee, in the 64 version you could just throw the character off the lvl at 100%. Now however we have weaker throws... but at a cost: chainthrows:weep: .

Marth is considered better than roy for many reasons:

- He's faster

- He's more floaty, and can recover better

- He's stronger than Roy (when hit with the sword's sweetspot, the tip)

- Marth's sword has better range

- His aerial combat is vastly superior (because of the better reach and floatiness).

- Marth is a cheap bastard

The floatyness of Marth makes me dislike how he controls compared to Marth. I also DESPISE Mewtwo's 2nd jump *shudder*

Yeah throws are much weaker in melee, in the 64 version you could just throw the character off the lvl at 100%. Now however we have weaker throws... but at a cost: chainthrows:weep: .

Marth is considered better than roy for many reasons:

- He's faster

- He's more floaty, and can recover better

- He's stronger than Roy (when hit with the sword's sweetspot, the tip)

- Marth's sword has better range

- His aerial combat is vastly superior (because of the better reach and floatiness).

- Marth is a cheap bastard

Marth is only cheap when being played by Noobs (like your brother chris). It takes LOTS of skills to master him. I do admit he's probably the easiest character to win with, but to be good with him really takes some skill.

Im still gobsmacked you guys prefer Marth. I have never faced anyone good with Marth other than my Bro. (he's pretty good).

In 64 Kirby was so much better. Easily my best char so I was dissapointed in Melee when I played as him. Still a good char though. My mentality is never to judge someone on who they play as because I think if you use the char you like best to the max you can beat someone regardless of their char.

Not to Mention Smash is as much about luck (with items etc) as it is skill thats what makes it so excellent.

Take items off and its purely about skill then.

Thats what I love about it. Im not criticising items, quite the contrary actually!

that's the way :D.

I really enjoyed playing with items, and i remember when i started to play without them. When i played Zell and his brothers they all said that items were more fun and more skillful......then they tried it and got good and now look at them...They grew before my very eyes :cry:

I never said items were more skilful, even when i was a noob!

I have to say that there is a "skill" with items, such as item catching etc. Catching floating heart containers in the air with Z never fails to irritate n00bs:D.

ITEMS 4EVA!!

Question: Of the optional inputs we can have for various actions, namely:

Jump: Up on joystick OR X OR Y

Shield: L OR R

Grab: R+A OR L+A OR Z

Item throw: Right/Left on joystick and R/L+A OR Right/Left on joystick and Z

I don't know if i'm missing something.

Here's the setup i use:

Jump: X

Shield: L (so that i have the right finger ready for Z)

Grab: Z

Item throw: Right/Left on joystick and Z

Yours?

Shield: L (im a lefty, the greatest race on the earth)

I use up to jump, but Y to short hop and to wavedash (im weird)

Z to grab normally, but i use L+A to shieldgrab (required)

Items: Z

You can grab straight out of your sheild when you're using L or R. All you have to do is hit A. Pretty useful.

You can grab straight out of your sheild when you're using L or R. All you have to do is hit A. Pretty useful.

It really is an amazing technique. If someone comes to attack you, you hold L/R to block, then as they hit your shield, press A, and then they're grabbed :yay:

Cool! I thought that releasing L/R and with the right timing pressing Z would have the same effect, although harder to do.

Started to use Marth much more after watching the vids you lot posted, Samus too, still have a sweetspot for Luigi though! haha

Jump: Y

Sheild: R

Grab: R+A

Throw items: Z

Shieldgrab? Enlight the n00b.

Sheildgrabbing's much easier than Z grabbing IMO, good trick.

Cool....I never knew of the shield grab either. I'll have to use is against my bro when he's Mewtwo dodging.

Over at Jeux-France, there is a gamer reporting that he has an inside source which tells him that Ubisoft may bring Jade, Rayman, Prince or Sam Fischer to the growing list of characters in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. Of course we won't be seeing all four of these characters make their appearance in SSB: Brawl most notably due to previous comments made by the creator itself

"only 1-2 more 3rd party characters will be added"

this is the list as of Now:

Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell Series)

Jade (Beyond Good and Evil)

Prince of Persia

Rayman

We may not see any Ubisoft characters at all so don't get your hopes up too soon.

Meh, Prince would be okay I guess.

I dont really like the top 3... especially sam fisher, why wud we want him when we have the super cooler solid snake?

No sign of sonic... :'(

I dont really like the top 3... especially sam fisher, why wud we want him when we have the super cooler solid snake?

No sign of sonic... :'(

I think they're all pretty bad choics part from Rayman.I think Sonics already in it.