NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I could PWN all of you N00BS:awesome:

Yeah I'm sure you could.....:wink:....

But I don't think that would happen mate...Who do you play as?

I don't see the fun in playing so frantically, it's like a disorder or something.

Anyway, I know when Brawl comes I'll be forced to play like that if I wan't to play against someone online, it's like that snaking crap.

Except snaking is something very unskilful that makes you win (although i am one of those cheap unskilful snakers :D - 100 wins!).

Another classic Final Destination no items pure skillz match. Call me n00b or whatever, but i hate those fights. I think it's not the way it's meant to be played (not that nvidia thing). Also, all those advanced techniques, they'r just "play for the win". I hope we can't do things like wavedashing in Brawl, but maybe i'm being too egocentric.:p Yes, i'm that kind of person that hates snaking in mario kart ds, although i use it if my enemy is using it.

Btw, did SSB 64 also had some exploits like those? I'm curious.

Another classic Final Destination no items pure skillz match. Call me n00b or whatever, but i hate those fights. I think it's not the way it's meant to be played (not that nvidia thing). Also, all those advanced techniques, they'r just "play for the win". I hope we can't do things like wavedashing in Brawl, but maybe i'm being too egocentric.:p Yes, i'm that kind of person that hates snaking in mario kart ds, although i use it if my enemy is using it.

Btw, did SSB 64 also had some exploits like those? I'm curious.

Yeah it was called Z-cancelling, and it's the reason why Fox could be the best if you practised with him.

Anyway, learning these advanced techniques is alot different than snaking. Snaking requires no skill and isn't fun, whereas advanced techniques make more tense. I would have got bored of smash a long time ago if all you had to do was 'dodge' and then 'smash', but i guess it just depends on how much you play the game with your mates. It only took me a 10-15 minutes to learn those techniques and today I kinda got to grips with L-cancelling when i was playing my mates.

It just depends if you play the game to be good or you play to piss about i guess. Aslong as you have fun it's ok.

It just depends if you play the game to be good or you play to piss about i guess. Aslong as you have fun it's ok.

I just play for the fun while trying to be good in a 4-player random arena with items. The more mayhem the more fun for me. That's why sometimes i played with the damage ratio (or whatever that option is called) at maximum, and then putting only explosive items. Then you see your friends hitting MACH 5 speeds, sometimes hitting on walls, making the fly even more fun.

But then again, this is the Brawl thread, so:

IF they really implement 2P or 4P battles online, how do you think the layout will be made? Like the ones on DS, where you have always the same rules, or some kind of completely customizable matches where people would join the ones with the rules they want?

I believe SSBB will have more than enough online users to implement a standard lobby system, like we see on computer online games.

Plus, i would like a replay feature on that game.

Ive never actually fought about how they will make the partcipents agree on what rules and settings they want to play with.

First of all, things like special melee would probably be out the picture, so there wont be any disputes about wanting to do "single button" melee. Since stock is more popular, most battles will probably stock battles, with stock set to a sensible amount (4, 5 or 6). There might also be a stock match time limit to prevent matches lasting too long.

There will probably be an option where you could choose if you wanted to play with or without items (that would make people happy), 2 or 4 player etc, and then be set the appropriate server. And a win loss record would be nice.

A win-Loss record would be great i think, aswell as replays which could be saved and transferred straight to a PC :D!

I think that one person would be the host and decide the rules and the others will just have to accept them, but I think it would be better if you could look at someones preferred settings before you challenge them or they challenge you. It would mean that you would know what rules they would be ok with.

The most popular way to play smash it seems is 4 stock with a 8 minute time limit on. Aslong as they get rid of coin battles its ok.

A win-Loss record would be great i think, aswell as replays which could be saved and transferred straight to a PC :D!

I think that one person would be the host and decide the rules and the others will just have to accept them, but I think it would be better if you could look at someones preferred settings before you challenge them or they challenge you. It would mean that you would know what rules they would be ok with.

The most popular way to play smash it seems is 4 stock with a 8 minute time limit on. Aslong as they get rid of coin battles its ok.

I play as ROY and having been playing this game straight for 5yrs. I don't think that I am beatable.:awesome:

I don't see the fun in playing so frantically, it's like a disorder or something.

Anyway, I know when Brawl comes I'll be forced to play like that if I wan't to play against someone online, it's like that snaking crap.

Some people need to get over SNAKING. There is always an excuse for people to whine about.

aswell as replays which could be saved and transferred straight to a PC :D!

That would be nice, but highly unlikely, because videogame replays are usually not videos, they are just a sequence of actions that ocurred in the game engine. To be viewable in a PC nintendo would have to include video encoding software and the resulting video would be way bigger in size than if it were just an engine replay.

I play as ROY and having been playing this game straight for 5yrs. I don't think that I am beatable.:awesome:

Some people need to get over SNAKING. There is always an excuse for people to whine about.

I'm a snaker and gave up mario kart...too boring :P

Could you also record a fight of yourself playing against a friend? Haven't seen a good Roy like EVER lol.

And yeah i've kinda realised to whoever said it that you wouldn't be able to send em to a PC :(

I'm a snaker and gave up mario kart...too boring :P

Could you also record a fight of yourself playing against a friend? Haven't seen a good Roy like EVER lol.

And yeah i've kinda realised to whoever said it that you wouldn't be able to send em to a PC :(

Who do you play as?

Its not who you play as.

But HOW you optimise your character

Who do you play as?

Its not who you play as.

But HOW you optimise your character

I play as Marth or Link, but I'm working on Dr. Mario. And i know it's about how you optimise your character but there are only a few ways to do that lol.

I've played Smash to death over the last five years, and i've practically learnt every technique.

I'm actually kind of happy that Brawl isn't coming out for a while, gives me time to enjoy my final days on this : peace:

I think playing it on final destination, with only pokeballs on make for some serious mayhem.

Na, You do it on Pokéfloats, watch people get hit as they try and survive:heh:

We got my n00b mates to play Pokefloats and Big Blue today...it's so funny trying to watch em survive :yay:

I'll try that "mod" next time, sounds pretty fun, never thought of it.

Lol, roy eh? You could probably do a lot better using marth, he is faster and stronger afterall.

Anyway super sudden death with all pokeballs on Game & Watch level... now that is frantic.

Lol, roy eh? You could probably do a lot better using marth, he is faster and stronger afterall.

Anyway super sudden death with all pokeballs on Game & Watch level... now that is frantic.

Yeah you're right, Marth is actually a lot better. He's stronger, faster, has an amazing recovery, can combo most characters from 0% to 70% if you practice, and is just generally amazing (hence why he's ranked 3rd..i think).

The only character that is better than him IMO when played well is Shiek (who is far too powerful). She can combo ANY character with her F-tilt and Up-tilt and her needles are too good! I hope they weaken her for Brawl because she is too good.

Demuwan, stop being a dick. I'm guessing you're a typical 14 years old kid (because your intelligence certainly doesn't warrant your being any older) who thinks he knows everything about everything. Firstly, Smash bros hasn't been out for 5 years yet. Secondly, I'm betting that any single person from this forum could kick your worthless ass at any game you claim to be "unbeatable" at. Roy as a character is immensely flawed, as anyone who claims to have mastered him will realise the moment they select Marth.

Hookay, thats my spleen vented for the day...

Zell, I'm having trouble mastering the L-cancel, how exactly do you do it? Everytime I do it, i end up doing an air dodge thingy, its wierd. Any tips? Mucho Gracias Amigo...

If you're air-dodging then you're not actually attacking, you might be confused. An easy way to check if you're L cancelling is to use Link's down air into the ground. If you dont L-cancel, Link will take about half a second to pull his sword out before he can move again. You need to L cancel before you hit the ground. If you pull it off the difference will be noticable: Link will have pulled his sword out almost straight away.

Remember L cancelling is used when you hit the floor whilst doing an aerial. L-cancelling can be difficult to learn but it will be worth it. Just keep practicing with your main character as each character has different timings... keep practicing and you will get better!

Although since you say you keep air dodging, do you mean you're finding wavedashing hard?

Oh, whoops, I forgot that you had to attack on the way down :heh:. Nope, I'm fine with wavedashing, took me like half an hour to master though, but its fun to do sometimes.

Oh, whoops, I forgot that you had to attack on the way down :heh:. Nope, I'm fine with wavedashing, took me like half an hour to master though, but its fun to do sometimes.

Lol your bad!:bouncy: I only learned all this shizzle about a few months ago... its literally added a whole new dimension to the game, and because of it the game has become even more fun (not that it need to be, it was good anyway)!

Lol your bad!:bouncy: I only learned all this shizzle about a few months ago... its literally added a whole new dimension to the game, and because of it the game has become even more fun (not that it need to be, it was good anyway)!

And i was the one that made you learn :indeed:

It's very difficult to get used to L-Cancelling, trust me. I can only do it with Ganon, Link, Dr Mario and Peach, but doing it with characters like Marth and Falco who fast fall during their SHFFL becomes very difficult.

Keep practising on training mode with the speed set to 2/3 and try to L-cancel Marth's Down Air and if you get it right he will be able to attack so much quicker!

Also, I think Demuwan needs to see the Shined Blind video...