NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

If you get hit by an attack, get sent flying and hit the ground you will end up with your face or arse on the floor and will have to get up. However if you are sent flying from an attack and you hit L or R before hitting the ground, you will recover instantly and stand up. This is teching. If you hold left or right as you do it, you will recover in a rolling dodge. You can also tech against walls and ceilings.

Tried it jsut before you psoted, really helpful :)

Its weird why they never put teching in the manual or the "how to play" video. People could only discover teching, which was purposely put in as a move/technique by the developers. This brings me back to discovering the "secret corner turbo" in mario kart 64.

Its weird why they never put teching in the manual or the "how to play" video. People could only discover teching, which was purposely put in as a move/technique by the developers. This brings me back to discovering the "secret corner turbo" in mario kart 64.

I like little things like this is in games, its great when you discover something.

There is also something called L-canceling. This is when you cancel out ALL the lag of an air move, and good character to try this with is with Link. Use his Down+A aerial move (where he stabs his sword into the ground). Just before he makes contact with the ground, press L (or R). If you do this right, Link will go back to his regular position ready to attack or block. This is great if you miss the opponent with the Down+A aerial attack because usually Link is open to an attack after this attack.

I also like discovering little things in this game, and I think the look on my face when I did a wavedash with Luigi summed this up (Luigi has little traction so his wavedashes make him fly across the level lol).

I also like discovering little things in this game, and I think the look on my face when I did a wavedash with Luigi summed this up (Luigi has little traction so his wavedashes make him fly across the level lol).

Or the first time I did a super wavedash with samus:bouncy:

I hope some of these things are kept in Brawl. Most things (such as Wavedashing) are just glitches in the Physics engine that allows you're character to perform a certain action. Please Nintendo, keep them in :D

whats a wavedash? i don't have a clue on any of this terminology!

whats a wavedash? i don't have a clue on any of this terminology!

Wavedashing is jumping and then immediately airdodging diagonally into the ground, causing your character to slide along the ground. It can be as fast or faster than a normal dash. Try it with Luigi: hold down and right and press Y immediately followed by L. If done correctly, you should see Luigi slide very far and fast.

Wavedashing is jumping and then immediately airdodging diagonally into the ground, causing your character to slide along the ground. It can be as fast or faster than a normal dash. Try it with Luigi: hold down and right and press Y immediately followed by L. If done correctly, you should see Luigi slide very far and fast.

Cool, thanks! Haven't played SSB:M for so long as nobody will play me at it anymore... my mates are just that pants at it!

After watching the SmashBlind video I can safely say I'm going to put in some major practice into this game to better myself as good as I can, I'd need it coming up against you lot! haha!

Cool, thanks! Haven't played SSB:M for so long as nobody will play me at it anymore... my mates are just that pants at it!

After watching the SmashBlind video I can safely say I'm going to put in some major practice into this game to better myself as good as I can, I'd need it coming up against you lot! haha!

lol! Well when Brawl comes out, you better be ready.

Well we'll need to practice at brawl first. Brawl is obviously going to feel a lot different to melee so it might take time to adjust (just like i had to adjust when i 1st played melee). You never know... they might take out wavedashing and make marth worse (like what they did with kirby: amazing in the original; pretty crap in melee). I will probably have to change my main character (as will a lot of people), although i will stay as falco if he remains as kick ass as he is in melee.

I call Teching Ukemi; Teching sound really stupid.

Well we'll need to practice at brawl first. Brawl is obviously going to feel a lot different to melee so it might take time to adjust (just like i had to adjust when i 1st played melee). You never know... they might take out wavedashing and make marth worse (like what they did with kirby: amazing in the original; pretty crap in melee). I will probably have to change my main character (as will a lot of people), although i will stay as falco if he remains as kick ass as he is in melee.

It looks as though Kirby has been improved, his Forward-B attack when in the air looks like it's not as easy to hit Kirby straight after in Brawl. Hopeully his Forward B will be made nor pointless, as will Jigglypuffs.

Yeah i hope that they improve some of the more "redundant" B moves (like kirby's hammer or peach's tap B, which tbf your not going to hit anyone with). Jigg's tap b isnt pointless, it can be used as a recovery and is actually quite a powerful attack with a lot of priority.

You know what's a pointless move......Ganondorfs Up A Tilt (the one where he charges up his leg). I mean wtf!

You know what's a pointless move......Ganondorfs Up A Tilt (the one where he charges up his leg). I mean wtf!

If you release it next to someone, im pretty sure it does a lot of damage.

No shit sherlock! Tell us something we dont know! :D

That was a bit harsh lol!

It does a lot of damage but it will only hit someone who has an IQ of a pig, because it takes like 4 seconds to use :mad:

I really hope they don't get rid of any characters, it would suck so bad! I even heard some people saying they should get rid of Falco or Fox (two of the most popular characters on it)! I think a good total of characters would be 40-45.

No shit sherlock! Tell us something we dont know! :D

I can ban anyone who annoys me. Something you didn't know im sure.

That was a bit harsh lol!

It does a lot of damage but it will only hit someone who has an IQ of a pig, because it takes like 4 seconds to use :mad:

I think the idea is you predict their move, or if you're playing with someone you charge and get the other person to knock them into it.

I can ban anyone who annoys me. Something you didn't know im sure.

I think the idea is you predict their move, or if you're playing with someone you charge and get the other person to knock them into it.

Sorry to have mispleased you my lord :bowdown:

Banning me is a bit totalitarian dontcha think?

Anyway knocking them into it is rather kool, something that i have done a lot in team battles with the falcon/warlock punch :D. I also like to grab someone and hold them so my teammate can hit them with the baseball bat.

Yeah i hope that they improve some of the more "redundant" B moves (like kirby's hammer or peach's tap B, which tbf your not going to hit anyone with). Jigg's tap b isnt pointless, it can be used as a recovery and is actually quite a powerful attack with a lot of priority.

It is, cos you might as well smash them. Though I guess it is okay for recovery, though i've only probably used it once for that purpose.

Sorry to have mispleased you my lord :bowdown:

Banning me is a bit totalitarian dontcha think?

Anyway knocking them into it is rather kool, something that i have done a lot in team battles with the falcon/warlock punch :D. I also like to grab someone and hold them so my teammate can hit them with the baseball bat.

Lol, way to suck up to him ( I love you to Ashley :D)

Ganon is a very lucky bastard if you ask me...All the other clones have ended up worse (Pichu, Y.Link etc) but Ganondorf has got lucky; hes really powerful and he's got a good recovery too. Then there's mewtwo whos completely underpowered :hmm:

The one clone they got perfect is falco. He feels very different to fox but both are very good solid characters with neither really being that much better than the other, only a matter of preference.

It would be funny if they make a mewtwo clone for brawl :D