NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Snake was on a Nintendo console first.

The Metal Gear fanboy in me has to point out that this is a misconception and fabricated lie. Metal Gear first appeared on the MSX 2, with a rubbish downgraded port to the NES. The official sequel was then realised on the MSX 2, with a rubbish replacement sequel on the NES.

So Metal Gear never started on a Nintendo console, and the reiterations that the NES got were... rubbish. Just saying.

On the note of Snake being degraded, lest not forget he's a video game character. I'm sure he'll get over it.

The asian excuse won't work, especially on another asian. :p

Let's just keep this thread alive in good faith, yes?

:D Thats fine with me bro.

The Metal Gear fanboy in me has to point out that this is a misconception and fabricated lie. Metal Gear first appeared on the MSX 2, with a rubbish downgraded port to the NES. The official sequel was then realised on the MSX 2, with a rubbish replacement sequel on the NES.

Never knew about the MSX 2.I stand corrected.

:D Thats fine with me bro.

Hehe. :)

Now that we know Snake is in this game, can we expect to see at least one Metal Gear themed location used as a stage for battle in this game?

Now that we know Snake is in this game, can we expect to see at least one Metal Gear themed location used as a stage for battle in this game?

Yes because in an interview with Hideo Kojima said he be coming up with design of the stage and another thing the story mode could have boss that suits the characters. :)

In Melee the Stages were all a bit samey...I mean, where you went didnt really affect how you played as such...I hope in Brawl they design bigger stages with more obstacles and make them multi layered so that they actually give a sense of you being IN the game the particular location is from...

As far as stages go, as long as they have another replica of the top of the Great Fox like the last two games, I'm good to go.

Maybe have characters fighting inside a Tetris well, where they have to avoid getting hit by falling blocks.

And I could go for some more oldschool stages, like the Super Mario World stage and the NES stages in Melee.

New stages...

How about a new Yoshi stage. Yoshi's mountain from Mario Kart 64? And I'm definitely for the Phendrana Drift stage, that may be my favorite video game area of all time.

Oh! I forgot, Joe from Viewtiful Joe should be in it too, in fact, theres about an 80% chance that he will be...Henshin a go go baby!

I want a Goron.. and ofcourse tingle.. what I wouldnt give to spank his tight behind.. but gorons.. would be über cool

Bad news from the offical Japanese SSBB site.

-Many characters will have their movesets remade

-Not all characters will return

-Game tempo will change

-Aerial game will be expanded

Translated by SmashBoard.

-Game tempo will change

Well......crap :angry:

That sucks.

I use several characters, and I don't want to relearn everything.....and I'll be ticked if they take out Zelda/Sheik or Fox.

And I hope they don't try to slow the game down. If anything, it should be paced faster.

In general, every other SSB topic is about which characters you'd like to see in the next game.

It'd be a nice change to discuss which characters you'd like to see dropped!

Mine would be:

Pichu

Roy

Jigglypuff

Falco

Mr. Game and Watch

By the way, what's an aerial game?

He means the fighting in mid air within the game. This is very obious from the trailer as 2 of the new characters can fly! Also Link's power move is a mid-air attack

In general, every other SSB topic is about which characters you'd like to see in the next game.

Mine would be:

Pichu

Roy

Jigglypuff

Falco

Mr. Game and Watch

Edit: Bowser should be made faster.

Also, people on that site have been saying Mewtwo!!!

NONONO...The only characters that should be dropped are Pichu (cos he's a CRAP Pikachu) and Dr. Mario, because he's pointless and should just be a Mario skin.

Falco shouldn't be dropped, they should just change his moveset.

Roy & Marth should just be given more differences.

G&W's moves are awesome, the way they tie in with the games and such, his Oil Panic move should just be better.

GET RID OF JIGGLYPUFF?!!? ARE YOU INSANE!?!?! Jigglypuff rules!!! She's one of the only Pokémon in the entire series that deserves to be a playable character on Smash Bros. and to be honest I don't think they'll get rid of anyone from the original game.

Movesets to be changed:

Ganondorf (inevitable)

Falco

Luigi!?!? (only one though)

Roy/Marth should be made more different

Ice Climbers?!? (Deserve to stay for the COM players being awesome as them) They should be changed so you only control 1 though with moves obviously being more powerful and ^B changed

In Melee the Stages were all a bit samey...I mean, where you went didnt really affect how you played as such...I hope in Brawl they design bigger stages with more obstacles and make them multi layered so that they actually give a sense of you being IN the game the particular location is from...

Yeh...too many of them were just 3 platforms on a little stage.

The only one me and my mates do of them is Kirby64 because it's the largest. Oh...and Dream Fountain sometimes. The Yoshi ones suck though (appart from killing the Flyguys:heh:)

^ What the fuck? Who gives a shit what they "Represent?" What really matters is how much fun they will be to use, and how many people will want to get SSBB as a result. Mr. Game and watch was a load of crap, does it really matter whether Cloud isnt on a nintendo console? No, it really doesnt, it'll still be fun to have him there[/Quote]

G&W is decent, he's just hard to use, you need to know what moves do what since he's so different to other characters...You've got to use his less B and more A with him.

His Oil Panic move should just be changed,

I'd actually like to see 1 or 2 more G&W themed levels.

Edit: Bowser should be made faster.

Also, people on that site have been saying Mewtwo!!!..No way...He definately deserves to be on there. He's the coolest of Pokémon (lol) and there are people that are awesome with him (My brother *hides in corner* "Stop pummeling me; be someone else")

Thankfully, a few people on that site also believe G&W should stay.

Except Game & Watch. I just want him in. For a low-tier guy, he's actually the most creative they've gotten with in the game and in the hands of a master, he's downright dangerous"[/Quote]
Except Game & Watch. I just want him in. For a low-tier guy, he's actually the most creative they've gotten with in the game and in the hands of a master, he's downright dangerous"[/Quote]

Mewtwo's the same; you just need to know how to use him. (Or they could change him to feel more Mewtwo-y, he deserves to be in it)

Sorry for such a long post

Yeah I don't think Pichu and Dr. Mario should return because they are too similar to Pikachu and Mario.

Roy/Falco are different enough, and it's cool having a choice of Fire Emblem/Starfox characters.

Ganondorf should stay but be given unique moves and maybe use the sword.

I don't think they should add anymore Pokemon, four is enough!

Keep Pikachu, but if they chose to change any of the other I wouldn't mind.

Okay...now here's a different post :heh:

I think all the characters should be given proper costume changes (i know this has been said before, but here's some suggestions):

Mario: Dr, Cowboy (Mario Party), Fire Flower, Football, DK ver. etc etc etc.

Peach: Daisy (diff voice), Football, Mario party (whatever she was)

Samus: Normal, Varia, Gravity, Light, Dark & Dark Samus.

Wario: Normal, Football, Wario Ware, MP

Fox: Old, Adventures, Assault

And there can be loads of Links, muhahahaha!!!

Obviously I could go on forever, but y'know...

Okay...now here's a different post :heh:

I think all the characters should be given proper costume changes (i know this has been said before, but here's some suggestions):

Mario: Dr, Cowboy (Mario Party), Fire Flower, Football, DK ver. etc etc etc.

Peach: Daisy (diff voice), Football, Mario party (whatever she was)

Samus: Normal, Varia, Gravity, Light, Dark & Dark Samus.

Wario: Normal, Football, Wario Ware, MP

Fox: Old, Adventures, Assault

And there can be loads of Links, muhahahaha!!!

Obviously I could go on forever, but y'know...

I agree, but I don't agree that with some characters (because they don't have many costume changes e.g. fox) that the actual character model should change.

They should just change the colour of the costume in the case where the character has not been seen in other outfits, or make up something new for the character, such as Pikachu's hats.

Link and Samus (kind of) already had this feature in Melee, so yeah, I think we'll see it much better in SSBB.

There are too many clones which can be replaced but I really hope they keep may Sheik.My favourite character by far (then comes jiglipuff :p )

-Game tempo will change

Aww, well this could spell disaster for some people whose fave characters are removed, Im just hoping that they keep Roy, because if they don't, theres no way im getting the game :cry:

Mine would be:

Pichu

Roy

Jigglypuff

Falco

Mr. Game and Watch

What in the name of, are ya there god, it's me Margaret, were ya thinking? They cannot afford to remove Roy because there are a fuckload of people who love the guy and don't actually know how to use anyone else very well at all (not me btw, I can use Link pretty darn well too), and he's one of the only balanced characters in the game, don't get pissy cause whenever you play Roy you get your ass kicked...

Characters Whose moves need to change:

Bowser, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Mewtwo

Characters that need to go:

Dr. Mario

Young Link

Pichu

Mewtwo

thats all for now....but ill be back to vent my spleen on Roy haters...

What in the name of, are ya there god, it's me Margaret, were ya thinking?

Gotta love Scrubs :P

I think we're more or less all agreed that pichu and dr.mario can go, but I don't think anyone else should. I am annoyed by the clones but rather than axe them I think they should just get their own moves.

Gotta love Scrubs :P

Amen to that brother. :heh: You seen any of season five? Can't believe they're not showing it here, had to get it all off limewire :indeed:

Ive seen eps 13 - 24 on Youtube. The ending :shock: .

Get rid of:

Dr. Mario

Pichu

Jigglypuff (He/she is lame and always will be, nothing more than my punching bag)

Change moves:

Ganondorf

Falco

Oh and they should make Young Link Wind Waker Link.