N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a good thing? (I have no idea lol, sorry!)

Havok Physics, better known as simply Havok, is a middleware physics engine developed by Irish company Havok. It is designed for computer and video games by allowing interaction between objects or other characters in real-time. By using dynamical simulation, Havok allows for more lifelike worlds and animation, such as ragdoll physics.

Maybe this should go in the Claim to fame thread buuut... Havoc gave me their business card so I could get in touch with them for a job. Anyway, I thought: pffft you small time galoots just make generic enginey stuff for run of the mill shooters and you have nothing to do with the good ship Nintendo so why would I want your stinking money?

Perhaps they've seen the light? I think I still have that card somewhere...

Wait a sec, is Havok that physics engine that allows for a great interaction between the environment and the player? (Ex.: Destructible environments)

*Searches a bit more*

I didn't find anything about destructible environments, but I did find out about the games that utilise that engine.

I was rather pleased with the results, since the physics in games like Half-Life 2 and Second Sight were excellent.

I'm kinda surprised that Metroid Prime didn't utilise that engine. The physics for that game were excellent as well.

Honestly I'm kinda of disappointed, I know its silly but I hoped for an all first party production, including physics.

A game of this caliber can't rely solely on 1st and 2nd party developers.

The fact that many famous videogame musicians and even Hideo Kojima are working on it proves it.

Without those guys, there would be no awesome music or Snake in the game.

More importantly, will it feel the same as in Melee?

I'm kinda hoping it doesn't. I want this game to truly impress me and a similar feeling to melee isn't gonna do it. A different style will prevent this from becoming "Melee 2.5".

Well the physics look similar to melee enough in the vids we've got so far, although wavedashing is still in so even the havoc engine can't decide what to do with air-dodging into the ground lol. I'm guessing it's being used for destructable environments, like on Pits stage?

Honestly I'm kinda of disappointed, I know its silly but I hoped for an all first party production, including physics. More importantly, will it feel the same as in Melee?

If they were to do their own physics engine they'd either have to add physics programmers to the team (thousands of dollars per week) or they'd have to take programmers off other parts of the team. Or they'd simply have to do without.

They use 3rd party tools anyway, for absolutely everything. You might aswell be disappointed that they're using programs like Maya or 3D Studio Max to make the models rather than creating their own custom 3D program.

Omg Nintendo are using Panasonic TV's to demo things, why aren't they making their own TV's?!?!

Omg Nintendo are using Channel 4 to advertise on, why aren't they making their own channel and shows to advertise with?!?!

Omg Nintendo are using Kenco coffee during their break, why aren't they making their own coffee?!?!

etc, etc.

Omg Nintendo are using Panasonic TV's to demo things, why aren't they making their own TV's?!?!

Omg Nintendo are using Channel 4 to advertise on, why aren't they making their own channel and shows to advertise with?!?!

Omg Nintendo are using Kenco coffee during their break, why aren't they making their own coffee?!?!

etc, etc.

hahaha, lol

Another non-Nintendo themed item today: the superspicy curry! Looks fun :)

item09_070827a.jpg

item09_070827c-l.jpg

item09_070827d-l.jpg

This is extremely spicy curry that seems to crackle with flames.

Of course, this is no ordinary food, because when you eat it...

It’s so spicy, flames shoot out of your mouth!

Is this funny? Is it a joke? You just keep spitting out flames.

This is different from the flames of a Fire Flower, because you continue spewing these flames as you perform attacks.

You can do combos one would normally never think of. I’m not sure if it’s painful or fun.