NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Got a chance to play wii fit and mario the other day. Mario just puts a big smile on your face :) It's gone back to it's classic platformer fun factor roots in my opinion. The honeybee level just oozes mario 64 in it's cuteness and invitable platforming. Like EDGE wrote it their preview, you just WANT to play in the world, it's that inviting. The only gripe I had with it was the spin attack. I'm getting pretty tired of having to shake the remote to do an attack. That seems kinda tacked on imo. But then again, I'm certain that as with every nintendo wii game, with a bit of practise, the controls will all fall into place, and I'll be wizzing through the world once I get them down.

The coolest thing was grabbing onto one gravity orb after the other, and gliding through space, collecting stars along the way with your pointer. The gravity feel really is an welcome innovation!

Question: how come some pictures are bigger than the resolution of the Wii can handle?

Which pictures?

like this one. 832x456

Didn't notice the width - those images are pretty close to cinema aspect ratios...

I think that seems about the right sort of resolution for 480p Widescreen. Was looking at this on wiki 480p and if you look at the diagram it shows EDTV being 854x480.

I try to take things on wiki with a pinch of salt, but this info seems pretty accurate.

I think that seems about the right sort of resolution for 480p Widescreen. Was looking at this on wiki 480p and if you look at the diagram it shows EDTV being 854x480.

I try to take things on wiki with a pinch of salt, but this info seems pretty accurate.

At a hight of 480, these screenshots would be 876x480. The aspect ratio is different. Almost the common ratio for cinemas.

I've just checked Nintendo's asset library, most screenshots are that size.

Odd.

At a hight of 480, these screenshots would be 876x480. The aspect ratio is different. Almost the common ratio for cinemas.

I've just checked Nintendo's asset library, most screenshots are that size.

Odd.

Could be something the screenshot mechanisme of the devkit does. The screenshots are representative anyway, ít's almost the good resolution.

Maybe it's even the resolution the Wii renders in.

Why, why must I be at sea when this comes out! I want this game so bad, Mario is impossible to grow out of.

Is that new girl set to replace Peach in the kidnap department?

Anyway, this looks great, and that screen the maiky nisute posted looks AWESOME

Bring on this game, and fast.

16 th November couldn't come sooner, though I'll get this for christmas.

Is that new girl set to replace Peach in the kidnap department?

Not at all.

Not at all.

Good. Peach is unique in that way, and, other than daisy, Nintendo have never used another princess in a mario game. And Daisy is just Peach, but Brunette

Oh, other than the first girl who got kidnapped in Donkey Kong, but she was crap.

haha pauline wasn't it? i think thats really including as being peach just like jumpman is really mario.. not really seperate characters.

I'm not sure because they had Pauline being Kidnapped by Donkey Kong in Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis instead of Peach. :D

Although Pauline did return in Mario vs Donkey Kong 2.

Damn you got there before me Coolness!

From GoNintendo

Just recently Nintendo mentioned that they weren’t sure if there would be any WFC features in Super Mario Galaxy. Now, according to a Famitsu article, there is indeed a WFC feature. The article doesn’t list any information other than the included WFC mention. I wouldn’t take this as a confirmation, but it is something to discuss!

Well considering Nintendo hate wii-connect 24 and online in general, don't expect much.

Well considering Nintendo hate wii-connect 24 and online in general, don't expect much.

You know Goron, what you said really wouldn't surprise me at all :heh:

Some extras though would give it some good re-play value and would keep things interesting for a while. Like playing as Luigi or something...