NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Goddamnit, the level of creativity and imagination in this game is off the fucking scale!!

Just, wow.

I love how much they're trying to make this game feel retro in some ways, like the planet which is the shape of the star world in Super Mario World.

Just, awesome. I can imagine while playing this game you'll just go to every planet and think about something you see, every object triggers a thought in your head, just amazing.

God, this couldn't come sooner.

More imagens: (not scans)

galaxy7060907fu4.jpg

There was a handy trick/bug with Super Mario 64 where you could literally lose all your health bar one bar, dive into a pool of water, resurface and you'd get all your health back. Will this be retained in Galaxy or removed you reckon?

There was a handy trick/bug with Super Mario 64 where you could literally lose all your health bar one bar, dive into a pool of water, resurface and you'd get all your health back. Will this be retained in Galaxy or removed you reckon?

Life and Air seems seperate, so I'd doubt it.

I think the answer is no, as far as I remember in Mario 64 we kind had a fixed health meter that was both for health and breath, meaning if you dived it would take from that health meter, and replenish it accordingly, in this image we have a Air meter.

This game looks bluddu fantastic. I've not been hyped about a game in ages.

The graphics/design looks incredible too.

Just, wow.

I love how much they're trying to make this game feel retro in some ways, like the planet which is the shape of the star world in Super Mario World.

I haven't played SMW since 1997, so could quote the pic you're talking about? I don't remember it. :)

I really don't remember that from SMW... I have to play the game again someday.

I really don't remember that from SMW... I have to play the game again someday.

It's the secret world which you use star warps to get too.

Star Road

SuperMarioWorld3.jpg

It's not really the same in Super Mario Galaxy, but more of a reference/tribute to it I guess!

It's not as similiar as I remember it.

Perhaps I'm thinking of something else, see what I can remember :S. It definitely has some retro feel to it.

Still can't remember it, but I must've seen it cause I did complete SMW 100%. The complete game was 98 "paths", was it not?

People wont remember it because that part leaded to another space road with about 8 levels.

There already were seperate meters for those in Sunshine IIRC.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, sorry if it has. Just nicked it off GoNintendo who have just posted it :)

- Mario has the jump attack we’ve seen, but he also has another variant on this attack that we haven’t seen

- If you press the 1 or 2 key in the demo, the game asks if you want to return to the map in the observatory.

- Once again, the gravity varied on different planets, allowing for higher or lower jumps

- There is one planet in the game that is 10 times larger than the average planets

ohh that all sounds pretty good i like the sound of the gravity one and the giant planet... Wonder how many planets altogether.

- There is one planet in the game that is 10 times larger than the average planets

ohhhhh like the sound of that ^_^

- There is one planet in the game that is 10 times larger than the average planets[/b]

What does it mean by larger? 10 times bigger radius, surface area or volume? 10 times the average volume isn't really that much bigger (radius just over twice as big), but 10 times the radius would give us 100 times average surface area to play on. And 1000 times the volume (if playing around inside). That would be awesome.

My most wanted game of 2007 now. Period.

Nothing will topple it now, it's just so fresh and imaginative. Like a dream. The idea of Mario going to different planets is genious and it looks sensational. :yay:

This will literally be one of the huge sellers of Q4 2007. Huge maybe an understatement as well.