NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Much, much better! :grin:

It's way more dynamic and vibrant. This boxart really screams "Mario-gameplay inside!" at you in your face.

Yay! :yay:

I've seen them in the scans but the quality is much better like this. The fur on the mole looks fantastic!

That looks mantastic.I honestly can't wait for this anymore.Each screen makes me want it more.

Just looking at the screens makes me love how I wait for games like this.

Only bad part is waiting.

Quick question, can the Wii not Antialiase?

Yes. It's screenshot generator can not.

This game looks delicious, no really, it does. I want to eat it, everything's so shiny, as if it's sugar coated. I bet that big goomba tastes great.

Hmmmm, goomba....

Homer%20drooling.jpg

Quick question, can the Wii not Antialiase?

According to a guy who posted on Neogaf, who works for EA, the screenshot taker for the Wii sucks ass.

Game looks stunning by the way. I thought Zelda would be the game I'd wank over the most, but this is looking better.

According to a guy who posted on Neogaf, who works for EA, the screenshot taker for the Wii sucks ass..

"Sucks ass" isn't proper word, because only "problem" with Wii devkit's screengrabber is that you simply can't do bullshots with it unlike X360's or PS3's devkits. Wii's devkit has only 3 MB framebuffer, and it doesn't support rendering picture multiple times, which means that you can't force it do things that are in reality impossible (for example, you can't add 8 x FSAA to your screengrab). If you want to do bullshots with Wii, you need to literally program your own tools for that. And Wii does support AA, but it is rarely used because it is resource intensive effect, and doesn't really do that big impact to quality on 480 resolution.

God I want this game! I'm really surprised at how good the graphics look as well. I loved Sunshine as well so really looking forward to this.

I've seen them in the scans but the quality is much better like this. The fur on the mole looks fantastic!

Ok, like I said before, i don't understand graphics from a developer's point of view, but I gotta ask this, risking being flamed. What does everyone see of special in the fur effects? I look at it and all I see is a blur effect. Yes, it looks like fur, but it's "just" a blur effect! What's so special about that and why do people say it's hard to do? I remember thinking the same thing when I saw that video of Bee Galaxy when you see the Bee Queen in close-up. It's blur.

Disclaimer: That said, please understand this is not a bash, I love Mario and this game is my most anticipated Wii game. (unfortunately, this kind of post always requires a disclaimer like this, and it doesn't even always work...)

"Sucks ass" isn't proper word, because only "problem" with Wii devkit's screengrabber is that you simply can't do bullshots with it unlike X360's or PS3's devkits. Wii's devkit has only 3 MB framebuffer, and it doesn't support rendering picture multiple times, which means that you can't force it do things that are in reality impossible (for example, you can't add 8 x FSAA to your screengrab). If you want to do bullshots with Wii, you need to literally program your own tools for that. And Wii does support AA, but it is rarely used because it is resource intensive effect, and doesn't really do that big impact to quality on 480 resolution.
They should fix that though people judge stuff by the bullshots (with Xbox it was already like that), and when everything else is bullshotted... of course Wii will look worse.

This generations specially, a Bullshotter software would really help.

Ok, like I said before, i don't understand graphics from a developer's point of view, but I gotta ask this, risking being flamed. What does everyone see of special in the fur effects? I look at it and all I see is a blur effect. Yes, it looks like fur, but it's "just" a blur effect! What's so special about that and why do people say it's hard to do? I remember thinking the same thing when I saw that video of Bee Galaxy when you see the Bee Queen in close-up. It's blur.

Disclaimer: That said, please understand this is not a bash, I love Mario and this game is my most anticipated Wii game. (unfortunately, this kind of post always requires a disclaimer like this, and it doesn't even always work...)

Well... If it's the fur effect I'm used to seeing (and I think it is)... it's done by overlapped "shells" of texture layers. Blur would have to be made using particles effects/fillrate, this is not achieved through that.

And Wii does support AA, but it is rarely used because it is resource intensive effect, and doesn't really do that big impact to quality on 480 resolution.

And it's easily achievable on a CRT TV, CRT FTW :yay:

So what prevents Nintendo from making a screenshot generator that can antialiase?

So what prevents Nintendo from making a screenshot generator that can antialiase?

Absolutely nothing, but they don't want to do that for some reason.

Ahh makes sense...wait...

I've no idea what any of this means, but could it be because the Wii has worse graphics then 360 and ps3, and thus Nintendo want screenshots to look better so they remove these sorts of features?

Just a completely ignorant yet educated guess.

Why's everyone worried about bullshots? All Mario Galaxy screens so far are of a much lower resolution than will be displayed on your TV anyway.

This game is looking fantastic, although i much more concerned with getting Metroid Prime 3. I think it's natural.

Anyway, i hope Miyamoto really do this game has the true sucessor to the Super Mario 64.

I've no idea what any of this means, but could it be because the Wii has worse graphics then 360 and ps3, and thus Nintendo want screenshots to look better so they remove these sorts of features?

Just a completely ignorant yet educated guess.

That's not educated at all.....