NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

^^^^^^

Wasn't that when the were picking up the blocks and Mario's face was underneath?

Just a tech demo, the 128 was just a number.. purely marketing spiel to express how the hardware has progressed since Mario 64.

well not sure if someone posted this already but just checked some facts about this:

Game Type: Action Platformer

Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller

Players: 1-2

KEY INFORMATION

The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step … out into space. Join Mario™ as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy.

• Shake, tilt and point! Mario takes advantage of all the unique aspects of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller, unleashing new moves as players shake the controller and even point at and drag items with the pointer.

• Mario essentially defined the 3-D platforming genre with Super Mario® 64, and this game proves once again that he is king. Players perform mind-bending, low-gravity jumps across wild alien terrain as they experience platforming for a new generation.

Game storyline: When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy.

Characters: Mario, Peach and enemies new and old.

How to progress through the game: Players run, jump and battle enemies as they explore all the planets in the galaxy. Since this game makes full use of all the features of the Wii Remote, players have to do all kinds of things to succeed: pressing buttons, swinging the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk, and even pointing at and dragging things with the pointer.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Since he’s in space, Mario can perform mind-bending jumps unlike anything he’s done before. He’ll also have a wealth of new moves that are all based around tilting, pointing and shaking the Wii Remote.

i love mario and this looks as if its not going to disappoint. i think it seems as if nintendo has its 90's charm and imagination back :)

Yea noticecd that earlier aswell.'Galaxy' seems a bit farfetched though.

what "could" it be called instead? Super Mario Stardust....??

looks stunning! many poligons and nice shading and clean textures and outstanding lighting!!!!!!!!! and combos that make spiderman feel ashame!

But Iwata said we'd go wow.. the only thing I went wow at (graphically) was a third party title- that was Red Steel.

I went wow with Disaster's graphics, and I was watching the conference in low res. I just saw the video for Mario in high res (downloaded from You Send It) and I went wow again. The graphics are MUCH superior to the Gamecube, they finally look solid. And also, I understand the game a bit better now than I did at my last post... It's not really Pinball Mario afterall... :heh:

Posted this on the conference thread but was immediately ignored by the fact the classic pad was revealed, as was the password for Nintendos press page!

Also, remember those screenshots of Mario a while ago - where he was outisde a house - the must have been legit - one was where he was in space and the other was outside a house at night - that house looked VERYT similar to the one oin the trailer!

Looks great and saw some great effects. I thought I saw bump mapping there too. Hope there are big planets for some old school grassy levels.

I wonder if in this galaxy you can visit planets, or worlds rather, specifically super mario world :)

*Me thinks we will see it remade ;)*

Looks great and saw some great effects. I thought I saw bump mapping there too.

We've had bump mapping for years now btw. This game looks amazing though............and I want more footage.

We've had bump mapping for years now btw. This game looks amazing though............and I want more footage.

only on pc - really used in games about 1 1/2 years now!

IGN has learned that Nintendo's potential flagship Wii game, Super Mario Galaxy, will be playable at the the company's E3 2006 booth beginning Wednesday morning. It is not yet known if the game will be open to all showgoers or if it will alternatively be tucked away behind closed doors.

Super Mario Galaxy promises improved graphics, a compelling new theme involving the universe, and a wide variety of enhanced platformer mechanics -- all made possible with the added power and new controller of Wii.

Roll on lots of gameplay videos :grin:

This game was definatly not possible on GameCube, graphically i mean.

Everything is alot sharper, tonnes of pixel shading (on the black bits around the boss fight), alot going on thats for sure.

Looks like a great looking game.

It just looks REALLY fun, thats the most important thing. But also at times I think visually it looks really pretty, like the fire boss fight the sphere is all shiny and reflects light beautifully.

It looked superb! it wowed me! It was by far the best looking game up with Zelda! Red Steel and Metroid followed closely behind.

It's strange how we didn't have a clue what the new Mario was. Now i've seen it,it all makes perfect sense! and looks like 'it was meant to be'. The space setting is typical Mario as well.

When i first saw it, Mario 64 sprang to mind. It has a older Nintendo look and feel to it.

100% hyped for this game. Just ashame they didn't show more.

PLEASE be a launch title!

I was slightly disappointed with what I saw. I didn't really get a sense of newness. It looked very Sunshine to me. I expect the newness comes from the way it controls but since I can't comment on that I remain far more excited about New Super Mario Bros on the DS (where the newness for me is not having played the original).

only on pc - really used in games about 1 1/2 years now!

You must be thinking of Normal Mapping there I would have thought.

yeah bump mapping is kind of recent.

Trust me you're both wrong. Launch titles on the GC were even using it.......namely Rogue Squadron on environments. If you've got that game they talk about it in the making of vids.