NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

I finally found a frame big enough to fit my Mario Galaxy poster. I stuck the game box next to it so you can get an idea of the size of it!

mario006.jpg

Sweet! icon14.gif

That be a pretty huge frame! How many nails holding that up? :heh:

Bluddy hell, that is huge!

I've still got those little "booklets" that you received with Gamecube games stuck on my wall. Those fold-out things that would advertise upcoming games, heh. Basically, I haven't touched anything on my walls for quite some time...I think I need new posters and stuff.

As for this game, it is still taking me forever to get through. For some reason, this and Re4 just seem to be played at a slower pace. Need energy for games.

Love your posters LostOverThere. The Galaxy one is great!

Agreed. Your Galaxy one is a piece of work! Where did you snap that up?

When I bought Super Mario Galaxy, I bought a years worth of "Game Warranty" on it incase I suddenly felt the urge to put my foot through the disc. With this, came the nifty posters.

The SM64 one just came packaged with my Nintendo 64.

Nice posters, tis a pity for me. I got a few movie posters but none of the gaming ones up. i think i got a few GC ones dotted about somewhere, must take a look.

Right, I've had a bit of free time, so I've decided to play some more of this beautiful game.

I'm up to 51 stars at the moment, wohoo. Just did the 100 purple coin thing, so I'm now able to flyyyyy. Bluddy hell, I feel like a kid again. This is a great game. I think I've found my favourite galaxy as well...The Matter Splatter Galaxy. Especially that last bit where the platform to the Star is covered. The level is such a mindfuck.

I think now that I've got a bit of free time, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I first did, which was bucketloads anyway. Also, if Mr. Christmas is listening, I want a bee suit. Hahaha.

Edit: I'm not joking...but I'm reading posts on here and it seems like parts of my post are being covered, and then uncovered, like the Matter Splatter Galaxy. Hahaha. I think it's time to put this game down now.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Don't get used to it :hmm:

Whilst that is a good point, the levels weren't really designed to be flown over anyway so whilst it's not something you get used to, it's hardly something you miss either.

To make flying worth while, you need more open space but the self contained spherical planets are too small and then the larger world ones would become broken in an instant as even they aren't actually that big. Besides, being able to fly anywhere would really take the challenge out.

Then again, in a game that plays heavily with the use of gravity taking it away every now and again would help to further highlight how well it was pulled off - it's just that level design for those places would have to be considerably different.

It's the little touches in Galaxy that mark it out as a special game, and one that only Nintendo could have made. I'm always in a state of playing through the game to one extent or another, and today I was on the Space Galaxy Tarantula boss level. One little touch I really loved, that had absolutely zero effect on the gameplay, was the ability to use the pointer to cause ripples in the spider's web completely independently of controlling Mario. Sure, it doesn't really do anything that affects the game, but what a lovely touch. How many developers would have completely jettisoned the idea as a waste of time, or worse not even thought of enhancing the game in this way? I sat after beating the boss just playing with the web making the ripples. The missus thought I was crackers! :D

It's what marks Nintendo out as the only developer that really thinks about the player and the overall gaming experience beyond pressing buttons. Magic.

Retro, I think I need to play a bit more before your post makes actual sense to me, hehe.

I've been playing this a bit more. I think I'm on 58 stars now. This game is so bluddy fun to play, and I can't believe how it just keeps getting better and better.

I wasn't a fan of Spring Mario at first, but I quite like eet now. I really get excited about playing more. So, can't wait for tonight. :D

I keep meaning to play more of this. I was well into it a bit back (i think i'm on 70ish stars), but now Smash Bros always reels me in and i lose the whole night to it :grin:

I need some-one to confiscate my Brawl dammit :heh:

I wasn't a fan of Spring Mario at first, but I quite like eet now. I really get excited about playing more. So, can't wait for tonight. :D

Spring Mario isn't my personal favourite. This form is a little hard to control, and sometimes the "jumping" can be uncontrollable. But that might just be me though.

Flying is fun, but is definitely something that could be improved upon in the second title as there really isn't a lot to be done with this skill first time around.

Spring Mario isn't my personal favourite. This form is a little hard to control, and sometimes the "jumping" can be uncontrollable. But that might just be me though.

Flying is fun, but is definitely something that could be improved upon in the second title as there really isn't a lot to be done with this skill first time around.

I did find the jumping really uncontrollable at first. But, whenever I press the A button and hold "up" on the analogue stick, it seems to do the big jump when I need it. It works for me, heh. This one level I used up about 10 lives trying to perform one big jump...because I just couldn't do eet. I can now.

Ice Mario is an absolute legend!!

There's just so much to that powerup! Waterfall jumping, platform building, ice skating forwards, backwards, spins etc... an absolute joy!!

Ice Mario is an absolute legend!!

There's just so much to that powerup! Waterfall jumping, platform building, ice skating forwards, backwards, spins etc... an absolute joy!!

Ice Mario was fun. I especially enjoyed the music that would start playing once you get that powerup heh. =)

I need to finish this game still... No idea how many stars I got but it was enough to start the end battle I think, but I just never got around to it. Maybe this week I'll finish it.

I think the FreezeFlame Galaxy is a contender for my favourite galaxy, with 'Conquering the summit' one of my favourite stars.

Toy Time Galaxy is also fantastic... anything that starts off with retro music and a train instantly gets my vote!

I'm also a huge fan of Toy Time Galaxy. I must say I'm a huge fan of Gusty Garden Galaxy. The music is so majestic and beautiful - I love it!