NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

I've decided to re-buy Sunshine. I want to play those hard bits again!

I know it's not been done in mario games before, but I think it would have been great to of had difficulty levels, well, at least a as it is now, and then "harder" or something.

I'm not saying it doesn't get hard after the final boss battle with the purple coins, but it would be nice if it felt like a challenge getting to the boss battle in the first place.

Im not saying that I enjoyed Sunshine more than Galaxy but I did love those bonus levels on Sunshine, felt great after you finally beat one.

Is it me or was Galaxy a tad less challenging than 64 an Sunshine?

Yeah that's true. A lot of the stars only took a minute or so to get tbh. However, the ease was also down to a better camera system and superb controls. Quite often when you lost lives in 64 and sunshine it was because you misjudged something because of the camera angle.

It was just you.

It was ALOT less challenging. Still awesome though.

Yeah that's true. A lot of the stars only took a minute or so to get tbh. However, the ease was also down to a better camera system and superb controls. Quite often when you lost lives in 64 and sunshine it was because you misjudged something because of the camera angle.

I agree with that 100%. It's partly the reason why I find the 2D Zeldas quite difficult, because it doesn't feel like you're in full control of whats going on, because you cant quite see where everything is or judge things.

I hope future 3D platformers and adventure games on Wii take note of this title, and use it as a building block.

I got to 104 stars just now. Now I'm off to beat the last level so I can do the

purple coins

stars after that.

Purple stars in Toy Galaxy = Fucking Impossible

Just remember that there are around 150 coins so you can miss plenty when jumping around.

What I did was start off by going left and working my way around to the 1-up mushroom thats at the opposite side of where you start. Then continue forward and do a long jump to the cluster in the corner. Then do another long jump to a bunch of coins over the ooze stuff then if you are still missing some just dot about and then head for home.

Hope that made some sense :)

I'm back on this game again after a brief break. I'm not on 68 stars and still loving it.

I agree that it's a bit easy. Some Stars are enjoyable but would be even more so if it were a bit harder as it would make the enjoyment last longer.

Still great tho.

Hope that made some sense :)

Didn't make much sense, but thanks anyway. :)

I know there are 150 coins. I once managed to collect all 100. Problem was I didn't know the star appeared back at the begining and I had made the platforms near the begining disapear and I fell on my way to the star. :blank:

I now have 116 stars. The 4 I'm missing are Toy purple coins, Melty Molten Daredevil and purple coins and the Desert purple coins. I love the Desert galaxy so I didn't finish that one right away, I always leave my favourite levels for last in games. :)

The Daredevil comet on Melty Molten Galaxy is also quite challenging, but I love that challenge, it's awesome. It's a good kind of challenge. But the Toy purple coins are the most frustrating gaming moment I've had in years. It's always a pleasure to retry the Daredevil Melty Molten and I do it with a smile on my face, but each time I die in the Toy coins I feel like breaking the Wii. It's probably the worst star in the whole game.

I know how ya feel, I've got 119 stars, only one left is the one you're trying to do. It's such a frustrating level.

I was stuck on the Daredevil coment in Melty Molten galaxy for ages and like you, I actually enjoyed it and didn't mind having to play it many many (many many many) times before I got it! But I can only try that Toy Galaxy purple coins level a couple of times before I have to just walk away.

Finally finished my second playthrough of this yesterday - the 'reward' you get at the end so isn't worth it! Still a great game, though, although some parts felt like a chore the second time round, as the element of surprise you get round every corner on the first playthough was gone. Also, by the end of the second playthrough, there are some tasks that you'll have done four times (because of the comets that make you do the same thing twice) - not always fun.

My favourite galaxy was definitely Melty Molten, with Sea Slide as my least favourite. Best music? Hard choice, between Space Junk, Buoy Base and Battlerock.

Theres a youtube video of someone getting all 150 coins in Toy Time with plenty of time to spare and getting the star. Really makes ya feel ashamed that you cant do it lol

Well I'm at a lose at the moment. on 100 stars and just cannot do any of levels I keep getting...those damn purple coins levels are impossible and I cannot even get close to some of the timed ones....

What a showoff.. Haha no really, I'd love to be able to do that! I finally finished it earlier, got 104 of the coins I think, that's enough for me, at least until I have to do it again with the other guy!

2 stars left. The daredevil comet of Bouldergeist!!! And the purple comet Luigi's Purple coins............dammmmmmm hard!

In a complete U-turn of events, Super Mario Galaxy has become this weeks top selling Wii game in Japan selling in excess of 170000 copies, while Wii Fit sells 143000 and MArio and Sonic ATOG's sells a healthy 100000+.

I think that's quite crazy, about 7 weeks since launch and it's selling incredibly again. Obviously it's just the boost thanks to the Japanese new year celebrations (they don't do Christmas Presents they do that sort of thing with new years), but just wow, the game has been picking up in JApan all month and now it's set to sell even more incredibly :/.

With one more week until new years if the game does that again next week it's going to be headed to 1 million in Japan all on it's own, the fears of this game flopping are really behind us now :/.

Wow! Any chance you could post up a link to that story or source please Jammy?

If ever a game deserved to be absolutely huge it's Mario Galaxy for sure.

Wow! Any chance you could post up a link to that story or source please Jammy?

If ever a game deserved to be absolutely huge it's Mario Galaxy for sure.

Can't do a source, but it's the media create / VGchartz preliminary numbers, so they'll post the final figures in a few days. They put their range as 170000 - 200000 so it's bound for a good week whatever happens. Software sales were immense the whole way through, 7 games sold above 100000, yet there were no Ps3 games in the charts :P.

It's about 100k off beating Sunshine's LTD sales in Japan, it's going to have kicked it's sales arse by the end of this generation.

Unwrapped it this morning and I've done the first observatory. Its shaping up to be the classic I was expecting!

I was a bit unsure of the graphics at the very beginning but once Bowser struck against the castle it was fantastic and has been ever since. Its a freaky thing to be able to run around planetoids and go upside down and stuff, I'm definitely still getting used to it. The section "Surfing 101" has been a highlight, surfing that ray down the water was unexpected and class.

I probably don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said! :heh:

Galaxy get!

I love it, been kicked off for GH3 though :(

But I've got 8 stars so far. The aspect of jumping off the edge of a platform and not dying is one I find hard to get used to :P

The controls for balancing Mario on the ball are pretty good. It makes Super Monkey Balls look like a arse in comparison. If Super Monkey Balls had those controls it could be fantastic.

The controls for balancing Mario on the ball are pretty good. It makes Super Monkey Balls look like a arse in comparison. If Super Monkey Balls had those controls it could be fantastic.

Agreed there. Really looking forward to the next Monkey Ball game and really hope they don't arse it up. I wish more developers would copy Nintendo (do it well though of course..)