NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Yeah Gusty Garden is cool too, but in a friendly, cute kind of way. Melty Molten's is epic and majestic, and not in a cute way. It's more "serious, if you will.

1:29 - 2:10 = Ownage.

The final Bowser Battle is also a pit of epicness.

Gusty Garden is the best piece of videogaming music I've heard in years.

Right up there with some of the best gaming music ever in fact.

When I got there for the first time and the music kicked in I started to get goosebumps. It was moment that just made me go- THIS IS MARIO!

What a fantastic game!

With 'The Huge Gaming Rush of 2007' almost over (two titles left: RE UC and Link's Crossbow training left) i'm playing more Galaxy in between CoD4 multiplayer, Guitar Hero 3, Endless Ocean, Team Fortress 2, Crysis and whatever else i can get my grubby mitts on.

Best game of the lot? No fucking contest. Mario is the best game i've played this year. Fuck that, its the best game i've played in YEARS. I honestly mean that and i'm a complete fucking XBOX whore these days.

Just got to Gusty Garden for the first time, and what a level. Looks and sounds awesome.

On 43 stars now. Loved seeing Bee Mario back again in the Kitchen galaxy.

Gotta love the toy town galaxy such a retro feel to it with good missions for stars and great music

Gotta love the toy town galaxy such a retro feel to it with good missions for stars and great music

I like the Toy Galaxy a lot in terms of design (reminds me a bit of Tick Tock Clock) but the music is a bit boring on that one. And surprisingly, it's the only one that uses the original Mario theme. I think most other music in the game is better than that. Or maybe they could have updated the music differently, I don't really like the Galaxy version of the classic theme.

Toy Galaxy is one of my least favourites, in terms of design and music. I just don't really like gaudy toy box levels in games (same in Paper Mario), and I think I must be sick of the classic retro music! Gusty Gardens is okay, but I prefer the Batleock, Buoy Base and Space Junk music. As for level design, I think Melty Molten is my favourite.

Seen Galaxy has slipped out of the top 10 in japan?!?! What the fuck is going on I don't get it. I hope Mario does millions in Europe and America!!!

I'm bored of it already.

So thats how quickly I can lose respect for someone. Hmm, always wondered.

;)

Only 7 more stars to go for me. The purple coins on Toy Town is bloody hard. I've had a few goes and I was unable to do it. Also tried the Dreadnaught one and got to about 70odd coins and a bomb knocked me off.

There's not a thing wrong with it but it's hard to get excited for hearing the 54,654th SMB theme remix nowadays

Although you can never go wrong with having the underworld theme in constant use.

I haven't played this in a few days but went on earlier and I'm now in the Bedroom galaxy.

There's not a thing wrong with it but it's hard to get excited for hearing the 54,654th SMB theme remix nowadays

Although you can never go wrong with having the underworld theme in constant use.

One classic tune that they should resurrect is the underwater theme from the original Super Mario Bros. You know, worlds 2-2 and 7-2.

This tune actually makes an appearance in Galaxy, but it's more a bonus than a level theme. I don't remember in which level it appears, but it's used as one of those mini-games where you have to collect musical notes. It could have been used in planets that are 95% water, like Drip Drop Galaxy, I think.

I really hate you.

Oh come on. Just because you like a game, doesn't make you obliged to like the music. And besides, the original SMB theme was good, but there were so many better back in that era. The main reason people like it is for the nostalgia. And this remix is just so out of place in SMG.

Only 7 more stars to go for me. The purple coins on Toy Town is bloody hard. I've had a few goes and I was unable to do it. Also tried the Dreadnaught one and got to about 70odd coins and a bomb knocked me off.
man i know what your on about god those purple coins are probally the hardest part of the game, but just got the dreadnaught one done thank god, but man do i love the challenge of gettin them

Oh come on. Just because you like a game, doesn't make you obliged to like the music. And besides, the original SMB theme was good, but there were so many better back in that era. The main reason people like it is for the nostalgia. And this remix is just so out of place in SMG.

THe retro music was a lot better in sunshine don't you agree?

The mario bros. theme is fantastic and catchy, but it just wasn't done right for this game :'(

And yeah there was some good music back then. The opening level of Contra...:yay:

I loved the purple coins on Toy Town, took me about 10 tries but i loved every second of it... i think most of it was to do with the music which just makes you feel so good, if not for that i prolly would have smashed my wiimote on dying for the 6th time... music calms the savage beast :heh:

I've had a few days away from this gem, i'm pleased i have done that though, i can't forget all the other great games which came out the same time which i purchased, so i'm playing different games all at the same time which has turned out to be much more fun then i first thought! :D

I'll be back playing it tomorrow!

Gusty Garden is a great level, i agree!

I decided to start my quest for the remaining 15 Stars last night and to my suprise it isnt that hard at all. After reading horror stories on here and various other websites about the Luigi purple coins and Dreadnought purple coins I was quite worried so I tackled both of these levels as soon as possible last night.

Dreadnought was just a case of knowing where the coins were and did it after about 7 goes ( did Battlerock straight away ) The Luigi level was slighty harder as I thought there was only 100 coins in the level. After I figured there wasnt I just had to plan my course and then did it pretty easily.

I only have 6 more stars to get now before I can start the game again :)

Woohoo! I finally did the Toy Town Purple Coin challenge after about 15 attempts! It was so fustrating, I just wanted to throw the remote at the TV so many times!

118 stars, only a couple left to grab now. All that's left is the Daredevil run on Melty Molten Galaxy and the purple coins on the Dreadnought. I've tried the daredevil run a few time and kept dying.