NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

I'm probably going through this game at the slowest rate ever. Anyway, finally beat Bouldergeist.

Played this today for the first time since the weekend.

I now have 20 stars, just did the first Bowser level. Was fun.

I seem to be playing this game in 5 star chunks. I think this game will last me quite a while..

Yeah, I have that problem with the pointer too. Mine doesn't go into the lower right corner. I'd like to read some explanation on this, it seems to be only a bug in Mario Galaxy, my pointer goes everywhere in every other game I have and in the Wii menus.

Anyway, the game is amazing. No news there, really... I have now, I think, 47 stars and I went into Dusty Dune Galaxy for the 1st time yesterday and it was awesome! Remix of the Shifting Sand Land theme from Mario 64, and again the level design is brilliant. And it's good to see the path to the stars is getting longer. This 1st star on Dusty Dune Galaxy had a pretty long path, full of awesome platforming.

And another thing. I went into Bigmouth Galaxy yesterday too, you know, the one from the Hungry Luma next to the Bedroom, where you have to open a golden chest with a golden shell. Man, oh man, did you spot the graphics on that particular galaxy?? Just at the begining, if you go into the water, that water looks so good, and the lighting on all the surroundings. The whole game looks great but I think that area was, to me and thus far, the one that I thought was prettier. Truly next-gen graphics there, no question about it. The only thing lacking is the high definition. I have never seen anything on GC that looked like that.

And I refuse to believe Mario Galaxy is the Wii maxed out, like so many reviewers are saying. If we have a game that looks like this in its 1st year, we will surely have much better in 2 or 3 years.

How so? I think the camera angles are weird like that cause you're in 360º gravity. I haven't encountered a camera angle bug yet.

Some levels have made me crosseyed due to that upside down effect, but I loved it. :D The Secret Cave star in Beach Bowl Galaxy, awesome!

The camera angles are buggy too.

There are no bugs with the camera. Considering you're playing in a 360 degree field its surprisingly good.

The camera angles do get a trifle annoying at parts. As do the remixed controls when you switch gravity platforms.

I'm finding the camera angles to be fantastic, its very rare that you end up in a situation where you even need to consider changing the default. Something very few (infact probably no) games have done before.

The camera's fantastic, just twice I think I'd have liked to have had a free camera. I wish we could hold the C button and then move the analogue stick to rotate the camera.

There's no denying that the camera angle can be awkward at times, and it's annoying when the game won't let you make slight adjustments. But it's mostly great.

The camera angle has only annoyed me once, and thats when I managed to make it so close you cant see anything accidentally. Whoops lol

Mostly the camera works well but there are times when you want to see more of your surroundings but can't. Mostly great.

The swimming is the best ever in a Mario game. This is how I feel now. I was very unsure when I played the first swimmy, watery level. It seemed very difficult to control him consistently, especially after it seemed like they'd pretty much perfected it in SM64. But I've been replaying some of the earlier levels (nostalgia has already kicked in - even though I only have 40-odd stars!) and I love the swimming levels now. I can't explain it properly, but I think he feels more natural and expressive underwater now than he has in the past.

You're all going to shout me down now aren't you? :D

The swimming is the best ever in a Mario game. This is how I feel now. I was very unsure when I played the first swimmy, watery level. It seemed very difficult to control him consistently, especially after it seemed like they'd pretty much perfected it in SM64. But I've been replaying some of the earlier levels (nostalgia has already kicked in - even though I only have 40-odd stars!) and I love the swimming levels now. I can't explain it properly, but I think he feels more natural and expressive underwater now than he has in the past.

You're all going to shout me down now aren't you? :D

I'd prefer swimming if the camera was ALWAYS behind me. Sometimes I need to turn around, and Mario goes all over the place.

Just completed the game with 120 stars for a second time and have then completed the game 100%. Took me 45.2 hours. Very good for a platformer.

Controllable camera with spherical platforms would be horrible. There was no way it could work out. Never had any problem with the camera, I don't miss jump because of it and I can always see where I'm going.

I'd prefer swimming if the camera was ALWAYS behind me. Sometimes I need to turn around, and Mario goes all over the place.

Don't say that. The camera's fantastic apparently.

One thing I loved about Mario 64 was when you used C-up for first-person viewing then looked back, you were facing the way you were just looking, which was awesome when you wanted to do a backwards jump in a certain direction. On Galaxy when you zoom back to regular camera Mario's facing the way he was when you first used the first-person.

One thing I loved about Mario 64 was when you used C-up for first-person viewing then looked back, you were facing the way you were just looking, which was awesome when you wanted to do a backwards jump in a certain direction. On Galaxy when you zoom back to regular camera Mario's facing the way he was when you first used the first-person.

Yeah it seems you can only "view" as far as Mario's next can crane too. Shame. I like taking in all of the surroundings. Pain in the ass to zoom out and turn around and zoom in again. By then I've seen something else interesting. And Mario's eyes dissapear when you "look". Bizarre. Kind of like YOU ARE HIS EYES!!! Twilight Zone much?!

What ALWAYS peeves me about 1st person views is that you can look around but look down and there are NO LEGS. It shatters the illusion totally.

I'm probably going through this game at the slowest rate ever. Anyway, finally beat Bouldergeist.

Same here in regards to how slow Im progressing through this....Although my excuse is way too much to play through after the recent barrage of gaming goodness I have bought (and then to add to it all my g/f presented me with GOW and Rainbow 6 Vegas the other week ) If Im lucky I may get through this and Corruption before the year is out.

And I thought I was far behind everyone!

And I thought I was far behind everyone!

Lol, I think I have 15 stars, Im sure I an seriously lagging here...bought it on release day, but Orange Box and now GH3 keep dragging me away from it.

I have 95 Stars now so im nearing the point where I will have to fight Bowser.

I had a great moment on it last night. [spoiler=]I hit one of the giant coins and some notes came out ( as they do ) and the tune they played as I collected them was from Super Mario World! I was so happy :)