NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

The game is practically perfect. The only thing I don't like is the swimming controls. But it's not exactly game ruining. It remains my favourite game. :)

Same, they bugged me a little in that level.

I just wish the game was that little bit longer! But still, this game rocks. I love some of the music from '64 thats been included, like the bowser level music (his first battle with mario).

(Or was that in sunshine? I forget.)

Don't understand why I see so many people complaining about the swimming, it's exactly the same as it was in mario 64 and SMS, only better, cause of the spin. I had absolutely no trouble at all.

I didn't like it in those games either. Turning about and moving where you want to go is a chore, especially since you can't move the camera all the time either.

Lovely game, but I've had more issues with it than most reviews say. Camera isn't perfect at all, making moving around a globe quite annoying. In races, for example, the camera makes it hard to see what's up ahead (like the boo race). Love the game though, and find it more enjoyable thant Mario 64. Although I'm still one of those five people on the planet that just love Sunshine.

Just completed the final boss fight - a litle disappointed tbh.

I have 61 or so stars now and I'm really looking forward to exploring thegame a bit more now.

Oh my god. That is absolutely fucking awesome.

FLYING MARIO! That is a fucking sweet and kick ass costume! And its just amazing.

FLYING MARIO! That is a fucking sweet and kick ass costume! And its just amazing.

I agree. Nobody expected it. Its well fun, I could just spend hours with it around the hub

Tbh all the music in this game is epic. My favs are definately battlerock and the bowser fight music (like once he's running around and you gotta spin attack him).

*Sigh* At the rushing of this game. Its not going to be long till we start complaining again that there are 'no hardcore games'. Well thats maybe 'cos you rushed them all.

I wonder if i'll get the same feeling as this when playing Brawl, since that's the only big Nintendo game left for now that can have a big impact. Then after that, who knows when...

It sucks, there really has to be more games like this. I'm hoping FF:CC will have a similiar effect since it's being worked on for ages and looks gorgeous.

I'm loving the game. Great game making me keep hold of my Wii. Only got about 20 stars now just got the the swimming level, love how it's just a dome of water.

Aside from it being an amazing game, the jagginess is really getting to me. The game looks wonderful but then there's these square corners on mario's hat and in the levels.

If only..

Brawl will be better than this game.

My social life will be decimated when Brawl comes out. There will pretty much be no point to having a (full time) job.

*Sigh* At the rushing of this game. Its not going to be long till we start complaining again that there are 'no hardcore games'. Well thats maybe 'cos you rushed them all.

This is rare but I totally agree with you. Rushing games really ruins them in my opinion. Which is why having less time to play and playing games in short bursts has changed gaming for me. (shameless blog plug in)

Visit the blog damnit!

I wonder if i'll get the same feeling as this when playing Brawl, since that's the only big Nintendo game left for now that can have a big impact. Then after that, who knows when...

It sucks, there really has to be more games like this. I'm hoping FF:CC will have a similiar effect since it's being worked on for ages and looks gorgeous.

You know, your kinda spot-on, sure there are some great games coming...but most are at least 4+ months away...jeez...i do hope the Wii doesn't go through a massive drought again...

Lets hope Wii Fit is released Feb 08 here with Brawl which is hopefully planned and not like May 08 or something...

Played it for about 2-3hrs on Friday evening and I've collected 8 stars so far. Looks like I'll be going through the game quite slowly.........but so far I'm just amazed by how much variation the game has. Loved the Boss in the Bee level.

So glad I got myself a VGA cable so I could play this in crystal clear 480p on my LCD..........looks stunning infact.

Any news on who'll be doing the N-Europe review at all, and when it's likely to drop?

I'm loving the game. Great game making me keep hold of my Wii. Only got about 20 stars now just got the the swimming level, love how it's just a dome of water.

Aside from it being an amazing game, the jagginess is really getting to me. The game looks wonderful but then there's these square corners on mario's hat and in the levels.

If only..

You have component cables? I'm playing on an SDTV and I can't see any noticable jaggies. If you are, then eh, my eyes fail at the seeing or your TV fails at showing non HD stuff.

20 stars now, don't need to add superlatives anymore.

It upsets me than some of my friends bought Assassin's Creed instead of this.

I saw that around 50 stars I think.

Now at 54 stars, and had to stop playing as I was getting a bit sick of it. Not that it was getting boring or anything, just that I've played it for hours and hours the last 3-4 days, which is unusual for me as I tend to play games really slowly (check out the Twilight Princess thread :p only took me 6 months).

I have a few minor criticisms of the game, though nothing major. Camera can sometimes get in the way, the hub isn't all that exciting, and I find all of the races a bit boring, things like the Boo race annoyed me. I've also found the usual Mario stuff, where old bosses and enemies and elements form worlds you've already done show up yet again later in the game, which I find a bit boring.

Other than that it's fecking excellent. Can't decide between Mario Galaxy and Bioshock for game of the year though.

Played it for about 2-3hrs on Friday evening and I've collected 8 stars so far. Looks like I'll be going through the game quite slowly.........but so far I'm just amazed by how much variation the game has. Loved the Boss in the Bee level.

So glad I got myself a VGA cable so I could play this in crystal clear 480p on my LCD..........looks stunning infact.

Any news on who'll be doing the N-Europe review at all, and when it's likely to drop?

Where are VGA cables availible from? I have component and it looks stunning but i haven't seen VGA cables for Wii anywhere?

Like Hellfire, I've found that I actually agree with you. Where's the fun in rushing a game? You've paid 40ish pounds for it, you might as well make it last and get some sort of enjoyment out of it. It's like when you see some pointless gadget in a shop and think you have to buy it, then you play with it for five minutes and the magic's gone.

And Conor's doing the review, a video review is also under development.

Where are VGA cables availible from? I have component and it looks stunning but i haven't seen VGA cables for Wii anywhere?

yeah I'm wondering the same I've never been able to find one...perhaps he has a box.

Just got all 120 stars. No I wouldn't say I rushed it. I guess I have used 20-25 hours on it. The prize you get when you get all the stars is awesome. I love it. And it easily justify playing it one more time, which I didn't plan to do earlier.

How good is the difference between component and scart? I got a new TV and really tempted to get component cables.

Also isn't VGA cables used for PC connectivity?

Hands up if you're in love with the SMB3 music in the secret areas?

*raises hand*