NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

I wish I could finish the game, then unplay it just so that I could replay it again.

Spoilers could? I don't know if it's a big deal or not, but it's something I didn't know about, I chose to stay away from the spoiler tags to be surprised when I'm playing and now BAM!

(Oh sorry Hellfire. It was being discussed before in the thread! My bad though)

Not much else I can say as Ive already ruined that for you.

26 stars into this now, and I've just reached the third set of galxies. The boss at the end of the second set was fantastic, as was the journey up to it (aah, nostalgia strikes again..). I'm really having to fight against the urge to play this for long sessions. Every time I get another star, I feel slightly sad that I'm that little bit closer to the end of the game!

Is anyone else slightly disappointed by the hub area? It's no Princess Peach's castle, that's for sure.

I wish I could finish the game, then unplay it just so that I could replay it again.

Agree! It's that good isn't it? Seriously, i've had the game since thursday and still can't believe how stunning it is, my jaw is still on the floor!

Worth the wait? Thankfully YES! :yay:

EDIT: Yes i did have a thought about the HUB today, it isn't Peach's Castle but the little star guys make up for it, there hilarious! TRAAANNNSSSFFFOOORRRMM! :D

:

EDIT: Yes i did have a thought about the HUB today, it isn't Peach's Castle but the little star guys make up for it, there hilarious! TRAAANNNSSSFFFOOORRRMM! :D

The toad brigade is my favourite. I love the red leader Toad taking credit for about half the stars you get :D

IIIIIIII'm the best!

(Oh sorry Hellfire. It was being discussed before in the thread! My bad though)

Not much else I can say as Ive already ruined that for you.

Oh you will suffer!

Eh, no grudges held, specially if it was already discussed before, I'm pissed, but not at anyone. But it is in rules ( I suppose) that you need to spoilertag stuff, so in the future people, be more careful. Tellyn already had a share of that sort of trouble in the main site :P

Have now got 65 stars but am refusing to do the final battle just yet (it's taking some self control though), I honestly think they should have made it more than 60 stars to reach the final battle.

I still have a lot of unexplored galaxies later in the game , and have spent most of the time nabbing the harder/hidden ones on the earlier levels.

Even at the point in the game I am still finding stuff that literally blows me away.

Oh you will suffer!

Eh, no grudges held, specially if it was already discussed before, I'm pissed, but not at anyone. But it is in rules ( I suppose) that you need to spoilertag stuff, so in the future people, be more careful. Tellyn already had a share of that sort of trouble in the main site :P

Yea when I seen that I wasn't happy cause it was a spoiler. But I can't remember what it was now :heh:

As for it being 60 stars for the final boss. I dont think its that bad. Remember Mario 64 had you needing 70 for it

Don't really think it matters as you've still got the same amount of game to play, and I think it's better for more casual players who don't want to grab every star (I know thats not what you're saying)

This way it gives you the option of missing out anything you don't like but you can still finish the game.

Got 44 stars I think now. Got 2 new Galaxys to fully explore and just done that slingshot Galaxy. I liked it, only took me a few attempts, just need to shoot starbits and get your timing right.

There is some Galaxies I simply love in this such as the Bowl one. And the Toad Brigade is epic. I love seeing them and them totting their horn and somewhere in the fountain galaxies where one is on a slingshot and you send him flying, my I laughed.

This is the perfect Mario game, how it can be topped, I really don't know.

this game has the most amaizing game physics i have ever seen, never knew gravity can be so much fun, have been spending a good 10-20 mins in each gaming session just jumping to see what happens. especially levels with small planets that you can do a whole 360 in one jump around the planet, probabl;y more. the interaction betwen 2 planets and how the gravity works is amaizing

I have played a couple of hours and I have 4 stars.

I have to say, this game has totally blown me away already. It looks and feels absolutely on the money. I love seeing Mario flying through space, it's so cool. The graphics are amazing, the music is great, and the controls work well. The level design and physics are already so good even this early into the game.

I am very pleased I bought this game.

I gave into temptation and bought it this morning, despite the huge amounts of work I have to do!

It's pretty awesome so far, 9 stars! It's soo beautiful.

Whoah at the guys who have completed it already. I would just feel that i've rushed it, I like them to take a while/play games in small pieces to make amazing games like this last even longer! Still haven't finished Twilight Princess yet!

I have 45 or so stars.

All I can still say about this game is: I absolutley love it.

Had this since Thursday, 19 stars ( Damn Work !!!! ) Awesome game, all my doubts about playing this with the wiimote & nunchuck instead of a pad were blown away in the first few minutes, Perfect !!

It reminded me of Resi 4, I thought the controls were perfect on the gamecube and couldn't get any better till i played the Wii version, but games like resi 4 & metroid are shooters, more suited to the wii's controls, but Mario !!!, a platform game !!! ?? Wii controls !! Give me an analogue pad....... Wrong!!! the controls are so perfect & intuitive, the gameplay is so addictive, i don't think i've said wow!! as much in my life till i started playing this. W0W!!!

Wow, some of those purple comet levels can be quite challenging.

Yeah they are. Great aint it :D

Just to reiterate for the third day now: BEST. VIDEOGAME. EVER.

Oh you will suffer!

My level of popularity was on a par with Adolf Hitler that day. :heh:

17 Stars into it now. Just done the Space Junk Galaxy and whilst I loved the game now I really feel like it is coming together. Got my first comet star and hidden star like I imagine most people will have done and it just feels fantastic.

Loving this game so much...The graphics wow, it just looks gorgeous not just for a Wii game but full stop.