NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

The GT trailer has some new areas showed but no major spoilers I think. After watching it I have no doubt that it deserves the scores. It looks perfect in every aspect.

From wikipedia:

galoh2.png

Okay this has to mean something. It doesn't look like just a personal opinion of 2 or 3 guys. It's global. This game IS awesome.

I am suprised about it selling 250,000. I mean what about the supposed 700,000 pre-orders??

Yes the DS has a bigger consumer base but I am telling you now even if Wii and the DS had the same user base NSMB would of still sold more. remember when that was released DS hardware sales went through the roof.

Wii Hardware sales numbers should be released tomorrow. I pretty worried about Galaxy not shifting units to be honest. 250,000 in first week means next week will be lower as the 1st week is the strongest.

700,000 preorders from stores.

The only Wii games that have had legs in Japan are Wii Sports and Wii play. Even Fire Emblem dropped like a stone from the charts..

WarioWare, Super Paper Mario, Mario PArty 8 all stayed around for some time. In all honesty there hasn't been that much more of the sort of software which sticks around, but Mario Galaxy is undoubtedly going to be one of those games, especially with Christmas just around the corner.

Not to be a Solitanze or anything, but Mario's current review averages bring it to a 96.9% average on GameRankings, meaning it will place 2nd overall behind Ocarina of Time so far.

I remember Twilight Princess reached the same spot, only to fall far down the list when more reviews came.

I remember Twilight Princess reached the same spot, only to fall far down the list when more reviews came.

TBH I can't see this doing the same as everyone seems to love it.

TBH I can't see this doing the same as everyone seems to love it.

a simple 8.8 from someone can drag it down alot

a simple 8.8 from someone can drag it down alot

Yup very true. Hopefully it'll get some solid 9/10's and 9.5/10s too to keep it up there.

A few 100%'s would do this game well :D

True, but Twilight Princess fell when the Gamespot review started getting proper attention... Gamespot have given this a fantastic 9.5!! (I think everyone knew they should give it that, but no one saw it coming) Which they have only given to The Orange Box and Halo 3 since they started their new .5 system (if I'm wrong, someone correct me), I remember somewhere saying this was the game of the decade (and it wasn't the Official Nintendo Magazine), everyone seems to love this game!

And to further cement that:

PALGN - 10.0/10.0

Link: http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=9354&sid=aaf4037ff72b21ed1a4a9d1f0e72d509

I really, REALLY can't wait for this game!

According to Gamespot this game is 0.7 points better than Twilight Princess (the 8.8 'superior' version).

Gamespot still write good reviews, they just score so inconsistently.

Gamespot still write good reviews, they just score so inconsistently.

No they don't. Their reviews are pure crap.

But damn, 9.5? I didn't expect that! lol

I demand everyone to read this, its incredible:

http://uk.wii.com/software/interviews/mario_galaxy/vol4/index.html

PS Though very funny that Miaymoto told the orchestra that this game will sell 10 million copies :) Wait till he gets a load of first week sales ;)

I think he actually said that the ENTIRE Mario series has sold 10 million, which is actually a drastic understatement. He probably just meant in recent years or something.

It certainly did, but in the case of The Orange Box, sometimes they creep up too. Though I can't imagine anything ever surpassing Ocarina.

and it juste scored a perfect 10/10 over at gamereactor.dk

Damn, this game just keeps on gaining critical momentum...

PS: Aalborg should've won last night, in all fairness (even though I'm a moderate Anderlecht-supporter :p)

Damn, this game just keeps on gaining critical momentum...

PS: Aalborg should've won last night, in all fairness (even though I'm a moderate Anderlecht-supporter :p)

ho ho yeah im not that much of a football fan but was ofcourse aware of the match and checked the score every now and then

I think Virgin have caught on how good it is... it's now £33 online, I pre-ordered at £27!!! :)

PS Though very funny that Miaymoto told the orchestra that this game will sell 10 million copies :) Wait till he gets a load of first week sales ;)

They only have the sales for less than half a week from Japan so far...

And Mario games tend to sell well for a long period of time.