NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

When going commando was released reviews said it was the first game to use the whole round thing.

That game rocks.

People are still going on about Mario 128? It was never meant to be a 'game' just a demonstration of the technology in Gamecube. That's all.

ratchet2ps2_005-large.jpg

Maybe they meant with the whole 3d camera thing aswell, i.e they can swerve the whole planet round etc?

That look pretty much defeats the object of spherical worlds, you can't see where the hell you're going.

People are still going on about Mario 128? It was never meant to be a 'game' just a demonstration of the technology in Gamecube. That's all.

Yeah, but the concept was Mario going around a sphere and Mario also running around a 'plate' i believe.

So really Mario 128 was the beginnings of Galaxy, supposadely making Mario run around a sphere was too difficult and took quite some time and hard work, thus this technology wasn't used in Sunshine.

Yeah, but the concept was Mario going around a sphere and Mario also running around a 'plate' i believe.

So really Mario 128 was the beginnings of Galaxy

No, it wasn't, watch the demo, I posted it before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtFXXzE8bk

All I see is many Marios acting independently on a flat surface with geometry changes. No spherical worlds, no running "around" and no special gravity effects, no different than any other game, Super Mario 64 for example.

Great looking game, but they really need to do something about that old recycled storyline...This one now seems similar to Paper Mario 64, with the outter space theme. Hopes there is enough twists to keep me interested.

I've seen the new video of the SMG intro just now.

Awesome!! The Bowser battleship's music from Super Mario Bros 3 is back!!

not mario 128 again:(

Can we get over that please

Tell me about it, it was just a stupid 60 second video that came out 7 years ago.

Great looking game, but they really need to do something about that old recycled storyline...This one now seems similar to Paper Mario 64, with the outter space theme. Hopes there is enough twists to keep me interested.

To be honest I thought the whole holiday thing in Sunshine ruined the experience for me.

Mario should just be able gameplay, 100% gameplay and no more. The story should be the cliche thing as it's what we've come to expect, as long hte gameplay doesn't get stale I see no problem.

Platformers always have a lacklustre story. Paper Mario, on the other hand...

...you're not serious.

No, it wasn't, watch the demo, I posted it before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtFXXzE8bk

All I see is many Marios acting independently on a flat surface with geometry changes. No spherical worlds, no running "around" and no special gravity effects, no different than any other game, Super Mario 64 for example.

I just read a interview with Iwata yesterday on GoNintendo or Kotaku stating that Mario 128 was the drawing board of Galaxy.

I'm probably wrong though.

Platformers always have a lacklustre story. Paper Mario, on the other hand...

Ended up being a lacklustre platformer with lacklustre RPG elements and a lacklustre story?

Sounds about right.

To be honest I thought the whole holiday thing in Sunshine ruined the experience for me.

Mario should just be able gameplay, 100% gameplay and no more. The story should be the cliche thing as it's what we've come to expect, as long hte gameplay doesn't get stale I see no problem.

You're right, its all about gameplay but would you still enjoy this if it had the new gameplay elements but had the same Mario 64 storyline?

You're right, its all about gameplay but would you still enjoy this if it had the new gameplay elements but had the same Mario 64 storyline?

.........yes. Sunshine attempted a story and it was shit... So nah.

Oh FFS, the story in Mario has no value. The story hasn't changed since the Donkey Kong arcade games. They're just an excuse for jumping around in various environments.