NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

SMG has 700K preorders in Japan.

OMG that is CRAZY!

I wonder how many of those orders are from wii-owners, or if people are preordering it and planning to buy a wii then also.

I'm thinking we can expect to see a MASSIVE jump in wii sales (they've been pretty low recently :( ).

Yea over in Japan they've been declining. I really hope Galaxy will give it a boost in sales and Nintendo will have a healthy stock of Wiis, cause if not, they're severally damagaing themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep, lets say 10% of production each month aside for Christmas demand.

Do you know if that's retailers or consumers? If it's the latter then just wow, that's amazing.

Retailers. 400,000 customer preorders in the US last time data was released.

Galaxy domination! I look forward to this game taking the gaming world by storm.

Headlines including Galaxy sells 10 million units. Galaxy, 4th highest rated game of all time, a revolution in platforming, surpasses its predecessor Super Mario 64 in every aspect...

i really haven't been following this game at all. can somebody tell me what the fuss is about?

Well, ehm, it is a new Mario game, and Miyamoto has a very active role. It looks quite amazing, previews has been very positive ( some going as far as it is better than Super Mario 64 ). What more do you need to know??

i really haven't been following this game at all. can somebody tell me what the fuss is about?

360 degree platforming action. This is the main fuss about it. The fact you walk/jump execute actions while upside down with gravity affecting your ability to move/jump etc... The games just oozing with creativy and the fact Miyamotos "directing" the game has people even more excited. You just only need to take a chapter out of history to see the outcomes of games Miyamoto has directed (not produced), Super Mario Bros 3, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64...

ah, okay, sounds neat. i was just wondering how it was different from SM64 / SMS. i've not seen any videos for this game either because my internet has been so sucky, so i guess that explains part of it too.

ah, okay, sounds neat. i was just wondering how it was different from SM64 / SMS. i've not seen any videos for this game either because my internet has been so sucky, so i guess that explains part of it too.

May I suggest one thing: Don't watch any.

Just get the game.

If you haven't watched at any yet, as Cube said don't watch anything till you get the game. It'll be far much better that way.

Good old platformer like SM64, that's all you need to know. Just resist watching videos. What i'm doing.

It seems that Ryan Schneider, currently working Ratchet & Clanck Future: Tools of Destruction for PS3, believes Super Mario Galaxy is influenced by his work on previous R&C's.

There's evidence all around us I think, of certain games that have borrowed from Ratchet and Clank. One that we're even extremely flattered by is Super Mario Galaxy, with their spherical worlds; we did spherical worlds in Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal. It would be amazing to think that Miyamoto-san thought that was so cool that he wanted to incorporate it into Mario Galaxy. Granted, he's doing it in a different way, but it's still a spherical world, so it's flattering to see those sorts of things.

True inspiration or wishful thinking? Personally, I think it's a tad bit too farfetched (and ego-stroking), but you never know.

Read the full interview here.

True inspiration or wishful thinking? Personally, I think it's a tad bit too farfetched (and ego-stroking), but you never know.

The 100 Marios tech demo (where the spherical world idea for Galaxy started) pre-dates both of those games.

This must be the first game that i really not waching any of those videos. And i'm feeling pretty damn good, since i believe i will get a much better experience with the game, knowing not much, lol.

The same thing goes for Metroid Prime Corruption :P

I think i've learned my lesson with Twilight Princess.

Yoshi confirmed to have some role in the game. I'm wondering whos on the 2nd page of face/avatar selections, bet you Luigi is there...

"]

Or more likely they are simply icons for saved games etc.

I think i've learned my lesson with Twilight Princess.

Yeah same, been making sure I havn't seen anymore clips since about 5 weeks ago ^_^

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 did spherical gameplay.

Yeah... Cross that with the feeling of gameplay you get in Nights and POOF!