NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Fucks sake, when was the last time any information was released on a *significant* Wii game?

Fucks sake, when was the last time any information was released on a *significant* Wii game?
Last week... on Capcom Day?

Assuming he means the big Nintendo games then there was also the new Galaxy trailer at GDC, that wasn't that long ago.

Obviously all the big shit will come at "E for all" in July.

EDIT: Okay I'm confused, "E for all" is apparently October and the cut down E3 is July. Gah, I dunno what's happening games event wise now.

Obviously all the big shit will come at "E for all" in July.

EDIT: Okay I'm confused, "E for all" is apparently October and the cut down E3 is July. Gah, I dunno what's happening games event wise now.

I agree, they've really screwed E3, I have no idea of what's going on in that front.

yeah but the head director for the game didn't sign up until quite a few months after (it says on the website or something). Not only that, but they said they are changing the air game completely, which will take a LONG time to balance out, and aswell as that more charcters need to be added and they also need to be balanced out. Then they need to add DI which wasn't in the last trailer which will take a while.

FINALLY, they need to sort out online.

In conclusion, Mario will be coming out before this, unless Miyamato decides he needs more time with it.

I would also like to point out that Mario Galaxy has been out in playable form since E3 last year, and all that we've seen of Brawl is a few trailers.

I would also like to point out that Mario Galaxy has been out in playable form since E3 last year, and all that we've seen of Brawl is a few trailers.

Check the Smash Bros thread, I explain why they can't simply make a demo level for Brawl for public/media to play.

Last week... on Capcom Day?

Yes REUC, but we haven't seen a lot on major Nintendo releases for a while

Yes REUC, but we haven't seen a lot on major Nintendo releases for a while

We've seen more than what we usually see...

I agree, they've really screwed E3, I have no idea of what's going on in that front.

The cut down E3 is in July that is what we all really know of as E3, no trade show, smaller conferences to make games announcements and small demonstrations of games to the media in hotel function rooms and such like.

E for All is in October and is a show floor format like E3 was but think public are invited now?!

It's back to being a press event, which probably is a good thing.

Well, you now have the Reggienators word of honour (According to Kotaku, at any rate,) that SMG will very certainly be out and about by the end of this year. So hopefully that means what? An early-ish Spring release for Europe y'think?

Oooh, forgot about this game. You know, when I look at it, the Wii has some great games coming. Fingers crossed this doesn't turn out to be a letdown.

Fuck's sake, man, this sucks balls. I mean wtf there's not usually a drought of info right before some form of major press event in the summer! And it's not like there's a press event going on right now with a news embargo until Friday. This means that Wii ain't got shit coming up.

HARUMPH.

. This means that Wii ain't got shit coming up.

HARUMPH.

That's probably it. There's an embargo on nothing.

OK, me doing this is probably pointless because we probably aren't expecting much in terms of Nintendo's press conference, but I decided to revive this thread just incase something does come up or just to get an insight on people reckon about this game.

Although we don't know too much on SMG, I'm still excited for it so you've got to forgive me ;)

OK, me doing this is probably pointless because we probably aren't expecting much in terms of Nintendo's press conference, but I decided to revive this thread just incase something does come up or just to get an insight on people reckon about this game.

Although we don't know too much on SMG, I'm still excited for it so you've got to forgive me ;)

Aren't we meant to be using the E3 Boards?

Shouldn't there be more game threads in there than there are, in preperation for later today!

No-one seems to be using them much!

so for how long has this game been in production? how about seven fucking years in tibet? i remember in 2000, techdemo's of the gamecube showing of many mario's running around on a large gravitational ball, much like the mario galaxy principle. i also remember shigsy stating that galaxy has been far longer in production than sunshine. how about that. how is this game ever not going to rock the shit out of our wii's.

so for how long has this game been in production? how about seven fucking years in tibet? i remember in 2000, techdemo's of the gamecube showing of many mario's running around on a large gravitational ball, much like the mario galaxy principle. i also remember shigsy stating that galaxy has been far longer in production than sunshine. how about that. how is this game ever not going to rock the shit out of our wii's.

Mario 128 turned into Pikmin. Galaxy development probably started after sunshine

I didn't read your post, but you obviously got your nick from Escaflowne so I love you.

The E3 boards are pointless and just confuse matters. Why use them to discuss a Wii game, when we can discuss that game in this board? When will the E3 boards close and what will happen with all the posts relating to Galaxy? Seems a lot more sensible to discuss any E3 news in the Wii and Handheld topics and set up an E3 board for everything else, non-Wii/DS.

My predication? Get ready for a co-op mode to be unveiled with Luigi being the second playable character (obviously).

My predication? Get ready for a co-op mode to be unveiled with Luigi being the second playable character (obviously).
As good as that would be, I don't think that'll happen,

They've already talked a bit about the multiplayer side.

The E3 boards are pointless and just confuse matters. Why use them to discuss a Wii game, when we can discuss that game in this board? When will the E3 boards close and what will happen with all the posts relating to Galaxy? Seems a lot more sensible to discuss any E3 news in the Wii and Handheld topics and set up an E3 board for everything else, non-Wii/DS.

These boards will be locked, it would be a mess to have all these threads up and people creating threads with all the people that visit the site.